I suck so hard at PC games.... WHY?!

SanJoseSharks

My preferences:

Play some catchy music that you like that will set some kind of weird epic rhythm lol. (for me)

Try to adjust your sensitivity to your liking, it may take you a couple of games.

Large mouse pad, I tend to run out some times.

Just play constantly, muscle memory will start to do it's thing.

Just let it happen and you'll be a killing machine in no time.

get ghosts and use a controller im pretty sure ghosts supports controller natively it will be just like on console except better graphics.

OK.... I'm bubbling with rage while I type this. I suck at PC gaming. I was with my trusty xbox 360 for 4 years before I built my first PC, I spent 700 dollars to build this computer  but I can't play the games I have on it AT ALL because I suck at playing them. I had a solid 2 K.D. In BLOPS2 on my xbox, but I cant even get a kill in most multiplayer games I play on the PC. HOW DO I SUCK THIS BADLY. I am really worried that I'm going to regret going to PC, Whats the point of having nice graphics and cheap games if I suck at playing them? Is there any way to remedy this? I just purchased a coolermaster devastator with mouse combo from amazon, I've been using a shitty keyboard and mouse I had lying around this entire time. Maybe that will help.....

Please help! I've never been this bad at black ops 2 or any other game before, I think its because I'm just not good at PC gaming, maybe I am just a console boy after all.......

Its all ok dude, when i switched to pc i had cod as my first pc shooter, i was god awful at it and at that time i had a 3.27kd on black ops 1 which i was proud about, i think you should try to play a more casual shooter game and then switch back to multiplayer and that should help, any f2p singleplayer game should help a lot, borderlands 1 helped me a ton when i was in your situation, i think how long did it take you to master the controller, its harder on pc to master the controls but once you do(in a month or two)then you will be happy.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I know how you feel, i wen from 7 or 9 (i can't remember correctly) years on Xbox to a 500€ PC. And guess what was the first and only game i got for the PC, a very noob friendly game called Crysis 2. But still it only took me a while to get used to it. In the end i still managed to get MVP in some games with a HD 6450, my max frame rate was 35.

But when you get used to it you will get better. I even managed to keep some of my former skill on console, i still haven't really been able to forget how to play on console.

Just get a relatively competitive game and keep at it for 1 or 2 months, you'll soon be an adept PC gamer. You will have to get a hang of the control's in SP fist though, once you have them down to a level where you don't need to look at the KB and mouse too often, go MP, that's what worked for me.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

If your keyboard is sticky, that would be a factor.

(I once cleaned a keyboard with a dead maggot colony in it. NOT fun.)

Otherwise, you'll probably get used to it. You should try out planetside 2 as well, great game. (join TR if you do.)

I'm downloading planetside 2 right now on steam, thanks for the advice... BTW whats tr?

I'm downloading planetside 2 right now on steam, thanks for the advice... BTW whats tr?

Terran republic, it is one of the factions.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

OK.... I'm bubbling with rage while I type this. I suck at PC gaming. I was with my trusty xbox 360 for 4 years before I built my first PC, I spent 700 dollars to build this computer  but I can't play the games I have on it AT ALL because I suck at playing them. I had a solid 2 K.D. In BLOPS2 on my xbox, but I cant even get a kill in most multiplayer games I play on the PC. HOW DO I SUCK THIS BADLY. I am really worried that I'm going to regret going to PC, Whats the point of having nice graphics and cheap games if I suck at playing them? Is there any way to remedy this? I just purchased a coolermaster devastator with mouse combo from amazon, I've been using a shitty keyboard and mouse I had lying around this entire time. Maybe that will help.....

Please help! I've never been this bad at black ops 2 or any other game before, I think its because I'm just not good at PC gaming, maybe I am just a console boy after all.......

Just learn how to use keyboard and mouse, it is far better once you get used to it. Especially after 4 years of controller it may take a while.

lower your resolution and game settings ( shadows/AA, etc. ) will help speed things up a bit. also shut down anti virus programs and skype and similar programs.

Get an aimbot

It helped me crashing a few servers

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

Get an aimbot

people like you make moderating cod 4 servers fun

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

Get an aimbot

A mighty good way to get your accounts frozen, all your games taken away and not being able to play online. Wonderful if not inventive solution to not being very good.

Op - the problem is your playing lots and lots of guys that have been using a keyboard and mouse for 20 years. They are just more skilful than you, and its brutal. You should spend some time practicing in single player getting to true grips with the controls and playing on every increasing difficulties against AI and bots. After a while you'll find the mouse is a natural extension of your arm, you then at least have sufficient skill to start to learn to play multiplayer, which is a lot more than just pure mouse skill, its also a lot about tactics and battlefield awareness. It will take some time and there is no shame and being less good than other players, for us all to be above average is impossible.

Turn off anything that will alter the mouse input like acceleration, or windows' precision thingy, then set the same sensitivity at every game so build muscle memory, and just play, you'll get good at it at some point

A mighty good way to get your accounts frozen, all your games taken away and not being able to play online. Wonderful if not inventive solution to not being very good.

Op - the problem is your playing lots and lots of guys that have been using a keyboard and mouse for 20 years. They are just more skilful than you, and its brutal. You should spend some time practicing in single player getting to true grips with the controls and playing on every increasing difficulties against AI and bots. After a while you'll find the mouse is a natural extension of your arm, you then at least have sufficient skill to start to learn to play multiplayer, which is a lot more than just pure mouse skill, its also a lot about tactics and battlefield awareness. It will take some time and there is no shame and being less good than other players, for us all to be above average is impossible.

This ^^^ it is in fact, impossible for everybody to be above average (because then the average would be higher lol) there's always going to be silver 1s, there's always going to be a global elite, yes those are cs ranks, the only ranks in gaming that make sense, just keep that in mind so you don't feel bad while you improve your skills, and you'll get good eventually, just don't give up, also know that you might be playing the wrong game, try different ones and see what happens.

Another thing you could do is watch some videos with tips to be a pro, I was a noob a cs, then watched some of WarOwl's vids and actually started improving, so yeah, that's about it

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

Console gamers just aren't that good. I mean they have aim assist lol, PC doesn't have that. It actually takes aim to get kills, not just the general area around the head.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

get some music going. The rythm helps more than you might think.

Play tribes ascend for a couple of matches until you get some air discs going. Everything else will seem easy after that

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Patience man patience. I used to be the exact same till I mastered WASD then it just became muscle memory. From time to time I still struggle with FPS games with my mouse when overwhelmed with a lot on screen but after a while it just becomes second nature. Give it some more time and you'll get better. My best recommendation is getting a mouse (or using one) with low DPI settings. Your aim will massively improve. Then gradually you can step it up a bit further and be able to perfect twitch reaction shots.

Using a controller will never help you improve. I viewed M&K as a challenge and set out to master it. If you think about it that way and apply some patience I guarantee you'll get better. Single player is best for practice too.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

I came from yhe same place you did, played bf3 on pc for the first time, kd was like .0003 for the longest time

It will take awhile to get used to

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Play Planetside2.

You'll feel how it is to feel like a total noob.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Play some single player fps games to practice. Play a infiltrator/sniper in Mass Effect series for instance. Bioshock Infinite. Hit up cheapshark.com and buy them cheap. I know the old Unreal Tourney games had a mode where you played against bots and could practice.

Don't feel bad. People are now using mouse/keyboards with XIM on consoles and the new version configures on a smartphone...

Mouse/keyboard is the way to go. Expect to see more of this on consoles. Get good with a mouse and keyboard and at least you have a chance in hell. Any average PC gamer could do this on a console. Console controllers are just that bad. It is a learning experience. Stick with it, and you will wonder how the hell you ever played on that thing.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Singleplayer? Will remove the annoyance of 13 year old cocky americans

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

OP sometimes no matter how much one practices they can still suck for eternity.  GL to you.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I actually felt the opposite. PC gaming was much easier than on my xbox. I am much better (or was, don't play anymore) on COD on my PC then i ever was on the 360.

I suggest just practicing on your aim by going on maps alone and trying to hit some random targets quickly, thats what i tried to do for quick-scoping.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

My friend is in a similar situation; he just plays with a controller. I'm not sure how long you've been playing on the PC but it took me a while to get used to it too.

| CPUAMD FX-6350 4.2Ghz | MotherboardGigabyte: GA-78LMT-USB3 | RAM16 GBytes DDR3 | GPUMSI AMD Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr IV OC Edition | PSU: Corsair 650W Modular +Gold Certified | Storage: 2 TB HDD |

amazing video what's the trick? glow skins? wall hack? seems like you know where the enemy is before they know where they are.