New Intel CPUs

Summary

A couple of new cpus from intel are now available. There will be a new i9 processor along with three Celerons.

The core i9 will be called the i9-10850k and is essentially a 10900k with 100 MHz lower clocks. It is currently only available from system integrators but seems to be moving towards a retail launch. It should be around $50 less than the 10900k.

In addition to the new i9 processor, there are 3 new celeron processors. They are the G5925, G5905, and G5905T. All have two cores and two threads and clock speeds in the 3GHz range. They are priced around $50.

Quotes

The Intel Core i9-10850K 10 Core CPU is going to be the latest addition to the 10th Gen Desktop lineup with the chip already being listed by OEMs but now, the newest entrant is being listed by retailers, confirming that it will be available to consumers in boxed retail packaging too.

(wccftech)

The boxed variant of the Intel Core i9-10850K CPU has been listed by two retailers while three new additions to the Celeron family have also been spotted. The Core i9-10850K is simply put, a regular Core i9-10900K CPU with 100 MHz lower base and boost clock. The shortages for the Intel Core i9-10900K have led the blue team to release a lower binned variant to make up for the high demand for its flagship 10 core part.

(wccftech)

In addition to the high-end CPUs, Intel is also preparing to launch new Celeron options for the entry-level market. There are three Celeron CPUs that have been listed by LambdaTek which include the Celeron G5925 (BX80701G5925), Celeron G5905 (BX80701G5905), and the Celeron G5905T. All three CPUs feature two cores and two threads along with 4 MB of L3 cache,

The main difference is the clock frequencies that range from 3.60 GHz, 3.50 GHz, and 3.3 GHz, respectively and also the higher L3 cache which is double of the existing Celeron CPUs in the 10th Gen lineup. The two regular variants will feature a TDP of 58W while the 'T' variant will feature a 35W TDP.

(wccftech)

My thoughts

I think the 10850k will be basically the same as the 10900k and will essentially replace it. I think it will be able to be easily overclocked to the same places as the 10900k and is only being released to get more intel products on the shelves. I also think the celerons will be take over for very budget systems from system builders. But, I doubt it will compare to the similarly priced Athlon CPUs that AMD has available as they have twice the number of threads.

Ive noticed these articles are a couple of days old yet werent posted here yet, am I the only that hasnt heard of these processors before now or have they just not gotten alot of attention/coverage?

Sources

wccftech

techradar

pcgamer

tomshardware

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

meh. seems like intel can't get enough dies to meet 10900k requirements so they made a step down.

those celeron should die

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

21 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

meh. seems like intel can't get enough dies to meet 10900k requirements so they made a step down.

those celeron should die

Celerons are fine for office work or just a streaming box. 

It's what intel gets for shipping chips that are red lining out of box. Suppose why sell them as a 10700K when you can squeeze out an extra $150

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

its a dual core which in 2020 is sad

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

5 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

Lol but it'll be cheap which is what matters for that product ;) If i was building a streaming PC just for storing films and watching stuff from netflix etc i'd probably get these if they support wifi 6. 

4 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Lol but it'll be cheap which is what matters for that product ;) If i was building a streaming PC just for storing films and watching stuff from netflix etc i'd probably get these if they support wifi 6. 

issues is the 3000g is there with 2/4

2 minutes ago, GDRRiley said:

issues is the 3000g is there with 2/4

Celerons are cheaper than the 3000g though and you can use 2133 RAM

5 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Celerons are cheaper than the 3000g though and you can use 2133 RAM

they are the same or at least very close.

1 hour ago, zeusthemoose said:

I also think the celerons will be take over for very budget systems from system builders

I think AMD will still be dominant with their Athlon. But it is nice to have some competition. I think that Athlon probably has better onboard video though.

Just now, Lord Vile said:

you can use 2133 RAM

But on AMD you can overclock the memory

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

Not sure why it is a crime to release newer low end products?  last time I checked you still had better options and weren't forced to buy them.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

I think AMD will still be dominant with their Athlon. But it is nice to have some competition. I think that Athlon probably has better onboard video though.

But on AMD you can overclock the memory

But it's more expensive AMD really needs dual channel where intel you're good with single and then Zen is still fussy with modules. I have a Zen chip myself but for a basic basic build I'd go intel. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

I have a Zen chip myself but for a basic basic build I'd go intel. 

For me, I think that's AMD's biggest problem (and also taking the Intel route to knee cap their high end SKUs). With Intel, they have a rock steady base. They don't rely so much on memory speeds (for better or worse) and there isn't much trouble with memory, at least with their consumer chips.

That's not to say Intel is what people should choose. Besides having a basic build (like what you're saying), there isn't really a good reason to go Intel sadly.

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

1 minute ago, piratemonkey said:

For me, I think that's AMD's biggest problem (and also taking the Intel route to knee cap their high end SKUs). With Intel, they have a rock steady base. They don't rely so much on memory speeds (for better or worse) and there isn't much trouble with memory, at least with their consumer chips.

That's not to say Intel is what people should choose. Besides having a basic build (like what you're saying), there isn't really a good reason to go Intel sadly.

I mean if you're building a super basic build and performance doesn't matter, you can ignore expensive RAM for athlons too. You're leaving 10-15% performance out, but if you want to go budget, nobody is stopping you from spending less for athlon + budget RAM, just like nobody is stopping you from spending celeron + budget RAM.

8 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

The only other reason people should go intel right now is for high performance laptops. They don’t make laptops with ryzen CPUs and GPUs better than a 2060 super.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

15 minutes ago, thechinchinsong said:

I mean if you're building a super basic build and performance doesn't matter, you can ignore expensive RAM for athlons too. You're leaving 10-15% performance out, but if you want to go budget, nobody is stopping you from spending less for athlon + budget RAM, just like nobody is stopping you from spending celeron + budget RAM.

But a celeron + budget ram is cheaper than an Athlon 

6 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

The only other reason people should go intel right now is for high performance laptops. They don’t make laptops with ryzen CPUs and GPUs better than a 2060 super.

Not yet at least. I don't pay attention to the mobile sector that much, but soon in a Zephyrus or something there could be a 2070 or 2080. That'd be fun

14 minutes ago, thechinchinsong said:

For the low end, I would pick an Athlon as I could overclock (even if it's just a little bit). I'm not saying Intel is great, I'm saying that you can think about it for a minute unlike in the higher end segments.

2 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

But a celeron + budget ram is cheaper than an Athlon 

It's by 10-20 dollars depending on where you get it. Along with that extra few dollars (as high as 15, or low as 5) you get overclocking support, and a better upgrade path (in respect to price, and some mobos will be able to run 4th gen ryzen I believe).

1 hour ago, Lord Vile said:

It's what intel gets for shipping chips that are red lining out of box. Suppose why sell them as a 10700K when you can squeeze out an extra $150

Celerons are trash and should die in a fire.

Totally not salty about waiting around for them to fucking boot up because Lenovo makes their systems restart on a bios or boot menu button press and I had to do 3000 of the fucking things

*sounds of my head beating against a wall*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

22 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

Not yet at least. I don't pay attention to the mobile sector that much, but soon in a Zephyrus or something there could be a 2070 or 2080. That'd be fun

If it ever happens, it won’t be for a few years. I’ve heard that intel has contracts with the manufacturers to prevent them from using other processors with the highest tier GPUs.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

15 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

If it ever happens, it won’t be for a few years. I’ve heard that intel has contracts with the manufacturers to prevent them from using other processors with the highest tier GPUs.

That's anti-competitive if I've heard

1 hour ago, piratemonkey said:

It's by 10-20 dollars depending on where you get it. Along with that extra few dollars (as high as 15, or low as 5) you get overclocking support, and a better upgrade path (in respect to price, and some mobos will be able to run 4th gen ryzen I believe).

I rather doubt most buyers of the low-end boxed-PCs (particularly the office / educational / grandma space) care about "overclocking support" and upgrade paths. Especially if the process of getting a new piece of gear involves going through IT.

56 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

That's anti-competitive if I've heard

Pretty much, yeah. But I think they set it up as an exclusivity deal so it’s not technically illegal.

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

2 hours ago, GDRRiley said:

Honestly, two big cores are plenty for a lot of basics. A bunch of school PCs with celerons and SSDs would probably be plenty fine for most elementary-level academic needs. It isn’t as though (most) third graders are rendering projects on Blender. :)

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, thorhammerz said:

I rather doubt most buyers of the low-end boxed-PCs (particularly the office / business / educational / grandma space) care about "overclocking support" and upgrade paths. Especially if the process of getting a new piece of gear involves going through IT.

I was talking about myself more than anything, but agreed. As long as you can go through the Facebooks or Word good, it's fine for them. Though there is a case to be made with the Athlon having two more threads is better for multi tasking and snapiness.

10 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Honestly, two big cores are plenty for a lot of basics. A bunch of school PCs with celerons and SSDs would probably be plenty fine for most elementary-level academic needs. It isn’t as though (most) third graders are rendering projects on Blender. :)

the second though windows update hits good luck. the 2/4 make a lot more sense