ZEUS (Fractal R4 | Blue/Black | Internal UT60 Rad) - by alpenwasser [COMPLETE]

really nice build man

Thanks! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

This puts my home server to shame! Great job, I love the little finishing touches

Audio Setup---- Marten Django XL speakers: Conrad-Johnson LP125M power amp: Convergent Audio Technology SL1 Renaissance preamp: Clearaudio Ovation & Clarify turntable

This puts my home server to shame! Great job, I love the little finishing touches

The finishing touches are pretty important to me, so thanks for noticing! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Seriously ingenious build, cant believe the amount of work that went into this!   And to top it off, from the outside, the mod is so stealth.  Great job!

Hot damn, how did I miss this thread?

This build looks fantastic man, The amount of work you have put into this is ridiculous.

I could only wish to have half the dedication you have to build something like this.

Seriously ingenious build, cant believe the amount of work that went into this!   And to top it off, from the outside, the mod is so stealth.  Great job!

Holy crap, Josh makes an LTT account and his first post is in my build log!

(Yes, I will be an optimist and believe that the profile is real :D).

And indeed, the stealth part was rather important since the rig will eventually be

placed in our living room. Plus I love the look of the R4, not much reason to change

that. Then again, I could have repainted it in pink... no, wait, beige! :lol:

Anyway, thanks! :)

Hot damn, how did I miss this thread?

This build looks fantastic man, The amount of work you have put into this is ridiculous.

I could only wish to have half the dedication you have to build something like this.

Haha, no worries, it happens, especially on a forum as active as this one. I can't

claim to have the time to keep up with every new build log, I'm sure there's a few

great ones that I've missed.

Thank you! :)

Holy crap, Josh makes an LTT account and his first post is in my build log!

(Yes, I will be an optimist and believe that the profile is real :D).

And indeed, the stealth part was rather important since the rig will eventually be

placed in our living room. Plus I love the look of the R4, not much reason to change

that. Then again, I could have repainted it in pink... no, wait, beige! :lol:

Anyway, thanks! :)

No worries man, like I said its obvious you put a ton of work into this mod.  And BTW, this is the 'real' Josh...not sure if that is a good thing or not  ^_^

JoshFractal, on 11 Jul 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

No worries man, like I said its obvious you put a ton of work into this mod.

True, it really was quite a bit of work, as is evident by the live span of this

thread. It's very nice when people actually realize just how much work goes into

something like this, so thanks for that (not that I have reason to complain so

far, the response I've gotten for this has been absolutely great).

Since I'm going back to college in fall I thought I'd scratch my modding itch while

I still can and get it out of my system for a while. Currently I'm playing around

with copper tubing for my other build (not a Fractal case though, sorry ;) ), which

is turning out to be a bit trickier than anticipated (but I'll get there :D ).

JoshFractal, on 11 Jul 2013 - 10:52 PM, said:

And BTW, this is the 'real' Josh...not sure if that is a good thing or not ^_^

Hehe, thought so (especially once I saw the Industry Affiliate badge, which wasn't

there yet when I made my last post). And yeah, I'd say that's a good thing. :D

WOW. Probably one of my favorite builds on the forum. The motherboard goes so well with everything!

Great job!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

WOW. Probably one of my favorite builds on the forum. The motherboard goes so well with everything!

Great job!

True, the M/B was just perfect for this build. It's a bit of a shame that there's

no vanilla GD65 for Haswell in blue/black. Sure the red/black and yellow/black of

the other boards is nice, but for a bit of a more understated build blue is just

the perfect accent colour IMO. But I suppose that's just a matter of taste. I really

hope they don't continue this trend and start to only make lower-end boards in

blue/black in the future.

True, the M/B was just perfect for this build. It's a bit of a shame that there's

no vanilla GD65 for Haswell in blue/black. Sure the red/black and yellow/black of

the other boards is nice, but for a bit of a more understated build blue is just

the perfect accent colour IMO. But I suppose that's just a matter of taste. I really

hope they don't continue this trend and start to only make lower-end boards in

blue/black in the future.

I agree 100%, I love black and blue! 

I started off my current build with a MSI P67-GD55, it was cheap and it looked pretty cool!

Now I have a Intel DZ77RE-75K which has a very similar theme, except better!

Sucks that ASUS got rid of all their blue motherboards the gen. And MSI only has a couple low end boards that are blue. 

Hopefully they will be back next gen!

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

I agree 100%, I love black and blue! 

I started off my current build with a MSI P67-GD55, it was cheap and it looked pretty cool!

Now I have a Intel DZ77RE-75K which has a very similar theme, except better!

Sucks that ASUS got rid of all their blue motherboards the gen. And MSI only has a couple low end boards that are blue. 

Hopefully they will be back next gen!

I actually have an Asus P67 board, but I have to admit that I like the blue on

the MSI much more. The Asus board has this kind of weird bright blue for the PCI

slots which I don't really like. The MSI uses a very strong and nice blue for

everything, no mixing of different shades.

I suppose these trends are pretty much just that: trends. For a while we had these

really many-coloured boards (Asus P6T), then everything became a bit more coordinated,

and now each manufacturer is figuring out their colour scheme. Gigabyte has their

green/black and orange/black boards, Asus now is playing around with gold (and of

course there's still the red/black of the ROG line) and MSI has yellow, red and

blue as their accent colours.

I really hope they don't completely push blue/black to the lower end because I

really love the blue they use on their boards, but then again I'm not likely to

buy another board for a few years so current trends don't affect me all that

much, plus I can always paint it. :D

congratulation on a successful project! xD

congratulation on a successful project! xD

Thank you!

Look who's getting famous :D

[...img...]

Hehe, yeah Josh asked me if they could feature my build. Obviously I said yes.

Pretty awesome! :D

Congrats on the feature, man!

Thanks!

EDIT:

Before anyone asks: I'm not on Facebook (I'm too privacy-conscious for that ;)),

so I can't reply/like/comment on there. Just FYI. But I am watching and appreciate

the great feedback. :)

Don't worry, dude. I got you covered. 

Already promoted your other build there. :D

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

Ah, that was you, very nice of you. Thanks! :D

I think I have complimented you before on this build but I must again ! You are a great and I assume patient builder. Great work.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I think I have complimented you before on this build but I must again ! You are a great and I assume patient builder. Great work.

Oh that's ok, I'll take repeat compliments. :D

Thank you! And yes indeed patience has been rather important in my projects. ;)

Congrats on another truly amazing build....not to mention the Fractal-feature  :)

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

Went through each page and I love your built! 

Congrats on another truly amazing build....not to mention the Fractal-feature  :)

Thank you, and yeah that was pretty neat. :)

Went through each page and I love your built!

Thank you, much appreciated! :)