ZEUS (Fractal R4 | Blue/Black | Internal UT60 Rad) - by alpenwasser [COMPLETE]

Awesome, thanks for the explanation! I was planning on doing 4 and 4, but Ill just go with all 8 now 

• 2 months later...

I love this build.

As do I, thanks! ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

I'm so jelly

Thanks, much appreciated! If you really wanted to, you could build

something similar for quite acceptable costs these days. Use an AIO

instead of a full loop, leave out the HDDs if you don't need or can't

afford them, and the rest would be primarily a matter of patience

to get done. :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Thanks, much appreciated! If you really wanted to, you could build

something similar for quite acceptable costs these days. Use an AIO

instead of a full loop, leave out the HDDs if you don't need or can't

afford them, and the rest would be primarily a matter of patience

to get done. :)

Yeh, but I firstly I have to finish Year 12 before I can do something like this, lol  :P

Yeh, but I firstly I have to finish Year 12 before I can do something like this, lol  :P

Long-term thinkign is always good. After all, I've been planning and

working on my other project (HELIOS) for several years now, and am

still not done. :D

Beautiful.

The mod was great, really put alot of radiator in the r4.

Really nice!

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Is this legal?

4770k Delid @ 4.5Ghz/1.25V w/ NH-D15, Maximus VII Hero, HyperX Beast 8GB 1600Mhz, GTX770 DCII OC, Strider Gold S 750W, 120GB 840 EVO, 2TB Barracuda, No case : D

Quickfire TK (MX Brown), Naos 7000, 128GB Surface Pro 2, 32GB G2 With Lightning Rom V4

Beautiful.

The mod was great, really put alot of radiator in the r4.

Really nice!

Yeah, it is rather neat as long as you don't need any expansion cards.

I have seen people put a 360 into the front, but then I would have

needed to work some serious magic with drive cage placement, so placing

the radiator at the back worked out rather nicely in this instance. :)

Is this legal?

Sssshhhhhh... :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

Take it from someone who's in the same house as the systems at the moment: ZEUS > HELIOS ;)

perhaps I was wrong as I am about half the time

@alpenwasser not as awesome as helios but still a really cool build  :)

Take it from someone who's in the same house as the systems at the moment: ZEUS > HELIOS ;)

Thanks, much appreciated!

And yeah, they are of course two vastly different builds, and HELIOS is just, well, HELIOS. :D

I must say I'm still extremely proud of ZEUS though and still love looking at it. It's not as

ambitious, but the execution turned out very much to my liking, so to speak. :wub:

EDIT:

perhaps I was wrong as I am about half the time

Haha, no worries, in the end this very much comes down to personal preference, there is no

right and wrong (at least not in my humble opinion). Aside from that, since MG has seen both

systems in person, it's quite a different thing than on the pictures, no matter how well you

try to photograph them, it's just always different in real life.

EDIT 2:

Oh, before I forget: I made a pdf of this build log to practice my LaTeX, for those interested:

http://alpenwasser.net/repository/files/zeus.pdf

no gpu?! why?????

Because it's a media PC and file server. The integrated Intel graphics is completely sufficient and therefore buying a dedicated GPU would have been waste of money. ;)

Besides, I have a Titan in my main rig which I use for GPU computing, so that's where I go when I need GPU power... :D

I've also put spoilers in your post to prevent the page from being needlessly long.

Yupp. People should learn to edit their quotes.... and maybe read what usage a system has before posting questions. (they might actually find answers already included in that information)

Love the PDF idea alpenwasser. Could come in handy....for many reasons.  :D

Fractal Design Define R5 White/Window / Intel 4790K / EVGA Z97 FTW / EVGA G2 750W / Sapphire R9 390 Nitro  / Samsung 850 EVO 500GB / Corsair Force Series GT 240GB / Seagate Barracuda 2TB - HGST Ultrastar  4TB / 32GB Kingston HyperX Savage 2600Mhz DDR3 / Cryorig H7 Lumi Edt. /

Yupp. People should learn to edit their quotes.... and maybe read what usage a system has before posting questions. (they might actually find answers already included in that information)

Haha, it's OK. I've answered the question so many times by now it almost feels like a ritual. :D

Love the PDF idea alpenwasser. Could come in handy....for many reasons.  :D

Thanks, nice to hear. I got kinda bored of only doing project reports for college in LaTeX, so I thought I'd practice on something I'm a bit more passionate about.