Your Folding Rig(s)

seeing some great rigs in here so i thought i would share all the folding rigs in my house, note that not all of the rigs are mine

My Primary (mine)

i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz

16gb corsair vengeance ram

2 gtx 680 asus direct cuii top editions in sli

and a corsair force series gt boot drive

avg of around 75k ppd :)

Second rig (not mine)

i7 3930k @ 5.25 ghz

16gb gskill ripzaws z ram

3 gtx 580's

1 gt 520

not sure of the ppd on this one last time i looked it was around 100k though but that was before the crazy over clock

Last rig (mine)

a8-3870k @ 3.4ghz

8gb gskill ripjaws x

msi 7870 hawk

this one avg's around 30kish ppd

So thats my house hold of folding rigs... there are plenty more computers available for the task but we gotta save some for gaming on lol :)

seeing some great rigs in here so i thought i would share all the folding rigs in my house, note that not all of the rigs are mine

My Primary (mine)

i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz

Second rig (not mine)

i7 3930k @ 5.25 ghz

3 gtx 580's

1 gt 520

not sure of the ppd on this one last time i looked it was around 100k though but that was before the crazy over clock

Last rig (mine)

a8-3870k @ 3.4ghz

8gb gskill ripjaws x

msi 7870 hawk

So thats my house hold of folding rigs... there are plenty more computers available for the task but we gotta save some for gaming on lol :)

Jesus lol, I need to get a graphics card in mine ASAP, just the poor little Core i3 working it's arse off for 3,500 PPD at the moment but does fluctuate between 2,000 and 5,000 PPD.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Jesus lol, I need to get a graphics card in mine ASAP, just the poor little Core i3 working it's arse off for 3,500 PPD at the moment but does fluctuate between 2,000 and 5,000 PPD.

lol yeah these rigs have collected over time, we often stop the folding around 6pm and game for a few hours then set them back to folding around 11ish so they arent up folding 24/7

When I build my beast system I'm wondering if I can hit 100,000 PPD or more, but I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge-E, supposing up to 8 cores for mainsteam

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

When I build my beast system I'm wondering if I can hit 100,000 PPD or more, but I'm waiting for Ivy Bridge-E, supposing up to 8 cores for mainsteam

Yeah i heard about that, saddly ill be in school come september so when im done watercooling my rig will stay as is for a long time

Yeah i heard about that, saddly ill be in school come september so when im done watercooling my rig will stay as is for a long time

What is your system?

What is your system?

the first folding rig i listed is actually my gaming system, havent had time to game though so ive been leaving it to fold, i ordered parts for a rig to setup just for folding that will take this ones place so i can game on it xP

ahh makes sense:)

I'm automatically assuming that I get a beer out of it as well then:P

Also that is not the Boost version, on can they are about the same price as eBuyer

you can over clock it to a boost versions, it's the same GPU chip. or pay some one to overclock it for you, hence boost version

I'd rather save money and overclock it my self :) 

you can over clock it to a boost versions, it's the same GPU chip. or pay some one to overclock it for you, hence boost version

I'd rather save money and overclock it my self :)

I want the SLI capability, not sure if I'll use it in the future but it's there if I do decide to pair these up, should provide a pretty potent gaming/folding machine

the first folding rig i listed is actually my gaming system, havent had time to game though so ive been leaving it to fold, i ordered parts for a rig to setup just for folding that will take this ones place so i can game on it xP

you can cheap out on some parts if it's only for folding. use a USB memory stick with Linux to boot & cheap CPU :)

you can cheap out on some parts if it's only for folding. use a USB memory stick with Linux to boot & cheap CPU :)

yeah that rig listed was built for gaming at the time of building i didnt even know about folding but i figured since i havent had the time to game lately i should get some good use out of it folding xP now im gonna build a rig just for folding and have my gaming rig back and water cool it :)

I want the SLI capability, not sure if I'll use it in the future but it's there if I do decide to pair these up, should provide a pretty potent gaming/folding machine

If you've got the money, I would just go for the 660 with the free game. The games worth the extra money you'd pay for the 660 version.

Sli a bit overrated  but good for folding I guess. I'm borrowing a budget card off some one , so I'll let you know how the PPD goes with it.

Heat is the worse thing with folding, worth monitoring. it like giving your PC a good burn in

If you've got the money, I would just go for the 660 with the free game. The games worth the extra money you'd pay for the 660 version.

Sli a bit overrated  but good for folding I guess. I'm borrowing a budget card off some one , so I'll let you know how the PPD goes with it.

Heat is the worse thing with folding, worth monitoring. it like giving your PC a good burn in

Yea the laptop wasn't too keen on it (if it could speak, it would be swearing at me), the chipset goes to about 58-60 degrees and the CPU is around mid to late 40's.

Also love to have a 660 but money is an issue, I can barely even get to a 650 Ti, I've been considering just a GTX 650 but we'll see.

My Primary (mine)

i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz

Second rig (not mine)

i7 3930k @ 5.25 ghz

3 gtx 580's

1 gt 520

Last rig (mine)

a8-3870k @ 3.4ghz

8gb gskill ripjaws x

msi 7870 hawk

Absolutely nothing to do with folding rigs/folding but how did your second folding rig/friend's/etc. manage to hit 5.25 Ghz, I know that LGA 2011 overclocks hard but what are temps/voltage if you know?

Here's my rig (used for video editing, gaming, and folding)

20130429095443.jpg

20130429095500.jpg

20130330155603.jpg

Yes there is a switch to turn the LED's off :P

It's a Cooler Master HAF912 with 2x 200mm fans, and 1x 140mm fan. I have the inside layered in a lightweight foam to dampen vibration and noise.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz (37 x 105.8 for single core speed)

GPU: MSI GTX 670 Power Edition 1320/7150 (28C idle, 72C max load)

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45

PSU: Diablotek 675 Watt (replaced the fan with a Corsair 140mm)

3x Hard Drives: (2x 500GB in RAID0 for gameplay videos/editing) (1x 1TB for main OS and programs)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master GeminII S524 (28C idle, 55-60C max load)

A generic DVD drive :P

While folding, my otherwise 70F room will heat up to a 90F room in about 15 minutes, unless I keep my window open and tower fan on. (My room is about 12' x 12')

It averages 38000 PPD on folding, but I've seen it jump to 41000+

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

I'm thinking of getting a GeForce GTX 660 by the end of the year, what kind of numbers do they give, does anyone here own one?

Even though looking at Liam's 25,000 PPD with a Ti version, I think I'd estimate a standard 660 would reach 17-20,000 PPD, maybe a little more.

You are correct sir - although dependent also on what project you get - between 15-22k.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

My Primary (mine)

i7 3770k @ 4.7ghz

Second rig (not mine)

i7 3930k @ 5.25 ghz

3 gtx 580's

1 gt 520

Last rig (mine)

a8-3870k @ 3.4ghz

8gb gskill ripjaws x

msi 7870 hawk

Very nice setup!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

It's a Cooler Master HAF912 with 2x 200mm fans, and 1x 140mm fan. I have the inside layered in a lightweight foam to dampen vibration and noise.

3x Hard Drives: (2x 500GB in RAID0 for gameplay videos/editing) (1x 1TB for main OS and programs)

While folding, my otherwise 70F room will heat up to a 90F room in about 15 minutes, unless I keep my window open and tower fan on. (My room is about 12' x 12')

Folding always doubles as a nice heater. :D

Folding always doubles as a nice heater. :D

Nice in the winter! Not so much in the summer... :p

20130429095443.jpg

20130429095500.jpg

20130330155603.jpg

Cool system but looks too close to the edge of the desk.

Also DiabloTek PSU, never heard of that, is it a cheap brand?

You are correct sir - although dependent also on what project you get - between 15-22k.

Cool, got to love logic lol

Cool system but looks too close to the edge of the desk.

Also DiabloTek PSU, never heard of that, is it a cheap brand?

Its feet are a couple inches in, so I don't worry about it. I'm really careful when I'm near it anyways.

Diablotek is a cheaper brand, yes, but I've owned their power supplies for a couple years. Never had a problem. This one was 70 dollars, came with braided cables too.

ahh, I've not seen any of those in the UK but then that's probably my observation skills lacking a little

Absolutely nothing to do with folding rigs/folding but how did your second folding rig/friend's/etc. manage to hit 5.25 Ghz, I know that LGA 2011 overclocks hard but what are temps/voltage if you know?

i dont actually know them off hands its my dads rig, its a full custom water cooling loop i can check it out a little later though. im thinking he just got REALLY lucky in the silicone lottery lol