Your Folding Rig(s)

Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.1 GHz AMD Radeon HD 6870

Welcome to the team. FYI - you may want to review the stickies and some related posts to get the most from your AMD card.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

The following will be my primary rig and I will fold for 8+ hours a day (try to anyway):

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($309.99 @ Newegg)

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)

Thermal Compound: Arctic Cooling MX-2 4g Thermal Paste ($7.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($62.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($106.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card ($379.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Cooler Master HAF X ATX Full Tower Case ($169.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($19.99 @ Newegg)

/ has not been built yet.

I am running a Core 2 Duo ULV @ 1.2Ghz (I know' date=' it's not much, but it's running 24/7) Just to show the average load: [url']http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/5223/screenshotfrom201304071.png (Running Mint 14 x64, on all 2 Cores) btw It has been folding for the whole uptime.

Welcome to the gang!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

The following will be my primary rig and I will fold for 8+ hours a day (try to anyway):

PCPartPicker part list

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($36.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)

One question - what is the purpose of this system? If you doing rendering and such, perfect. But that 3770k is overkill for say a gaming system. You be much better off going with a 3570k and taking the money you save to upgrade to say an H100 unit, and then you can overclock it it nicely, and approach the performance of the 3770k...

Probably should add mine to the list.

AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4 (Stuck at stock since my last attempt at overclocking it proved to be unstable after 36 hours of folding after passing 12 hours of prime95)

AMD HD6850 @ 790/1000 (Manufacturer overclock to keep the heat output down and to ensure stability for the beta wu's I push it to 950/1150 when gaming.)

Getting about 11k in total 5.5-6.5 from the CPU and 4.5-5.5 from the GPU.

Probably should add mine to the list.

AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4 (Stuck at stock since my last attempt at overclocking it proved to be unstable after 36 hours of folding after passing 12 hours of prime95)

AMD HD6850 @ 790/1000 (Manufacturer overclock to keep the heat output down and to ensure stability for the beta wu's I push it to 950/1150 when gaming.)

Getting about 11k in total 5.5-6.5 from the CPU and 4.5-5.5 from the GPU.

Did you activated the beta flag on the gpu slot? If not, you'll need to "tweak" the client to get better WU for your amd gpu. I have a 7850 and was getting 6k ppd, and after the tweak I'm getting around 20k stable for now (it can get better depending on the WUs). There is a guide at the FAQ topic.

edit: I read now that you are using the beta wu's already. Did you reserved 1 core of the cpu to the gpu slot? Your current WU is core17?

Primary System:

Core i5 3570k with AMD 6870's in Crossfire - CPU and GPU folding

"The Farm"

#1 - Intel Core2Duo, GTX 660 - GPU folding

#2 - Intel QuadCore, GTX 560 - CPU and GPU folding

#3 - Intel Core2Due, GTX 560, GTX 460, GT 640 - CPU and GPU folding

#4 - Intel Core i7 Mobile - CPU folding

Averaging about 120K PPD on these.

Also have temporarily running:

HP ML350 Single Xeon - 10K PPD

HP DL380 Dual Xeon - 65KPPD

Updated with recent changes...

Just built my first computer and already folding away.

Intel i7 3820

And an MSI GTX 670 PE

All stock speed until I can put time into figuring out this overclocking thing.

Just built my first computer and already folding away.

Intel i7 3820

And an MSI GTX 670 PE

All stock speed until I can put time into figuring out this overclocking thing.

Wellcome to the team.

Overclocking the gpu is very easy with msi afterburner, a simple tutorial can give you all the information you'll need. For the cpu you'll need to spare some time and take a look in the forum, it depends on what motherboard you are using too.

Just built my first computer and already folding away. Intel i7 3820 And an MSI GTX 670 PE All stock speed until I can put time into figuring out this overclocking thing.

Welcome to the club!

Probably should add mine to the list. AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4 (Stuck at stock since my last attempt at overclocking it proved to be unstable after 36 hours of folding after passing 12 hours of prime95) AMD HD6850 @ 790/1000 (Manufacturer overclock to keep the heat output down and to ensure stability for the beta wu's I push it to 950/1150 when gaming.) Getting about 11k in total 5.5-6.5 from the CPU and 4.5-5.5 from the GPU.

Welcome!

PCPartPicker part list

One question - what is the purpose of this system? If you doing rendering and such' date=' perfect. But that 3770k is overkill for say a gaming system. You be much better off going with a 3570k and taking the money you save to upgrade to say an H100 unit, and then you can overclock it it nicely, and approach the performance of the 3770k...[/quote']

It will be gaming, and when I am not really using it - sleep, school It'll be lending itself to F@H. Who knows what else I decide to do with it.

Just started folding last week. :)

Here's my folding rig:

Intel Core-i5 2500k

AMD Radeon HD7850

and I'm just getting around 5~10k ppd :(

is that normal on my current setup?

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

Just started folding last week. :) Here's my folding rig: Intel Core-i5 2500k AMD Radeon HD7850 and I'm just getting around 5~10k ppd :( is that normal on my current setup?

Well.... hard to tell. Until you complete 10 WU's, you don't get bonus points. Have you got your passkey?

Main thing is, make sure running latest AMD drivers, the add the beta flag to your GPU slot to get access to Core17.

Well.... hard to tell. Until you complete 10 WU's' date=' you don't get bonus points. Have you got your passkey? Main thing is, make sure running latest AMD drivers, the add the beta flag to your GPU slot to get access to Core17. [/quote']

The only thing that I didn't do on things that you've mentioned is the beta flag. I've just added 1 on my gpu slot and my ppd rocketed high to 27.4k.. Thanks! :)

btw., Do I still need to add "extra-core-args" flag? I'm using the latest client. thanks..

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

CPU Intel Core i5-2500k     GPU Nvidia GTX 560     RAM Corsair Vengeance LP (2x4gb)     MOBO ASUS p8z68m-PRO     HDD/SSD WD Caviar Blue 1tb/OCZ Vertex 3 60gb

PSU Cooler Master GX 550w     CASE CM Storm Scout II     KEYBOARD Razer Lycosa Mirror Edition     MOUSE Razer Naga 2012     MONITOR LG IPS237 23" LED-IPS      AUDIO Xenon 2.1 Surround Sound System

The new client is really good with most defaults and options - and not, you shouldn't need that. I think it was a v6 specific flag as well...

Well.... hard to tell. Until you complete 10 WU's' date=' you don't get bonus points. Have you got your passkey? Main thing is, make sure running latest AMD drivers, the add the beta flag to your GPU slot to get access to Core17. [/quote'] The only thing that I didn't do on things that you've mentioned is the beta flag. I've just added 1 on my gpu slot and my ppd rocketed high to 27.4k.. Thanks! :) btw., Do I still need to add "extra-core-args" flag? I'm using the latest client. thanks..

27k on the whole system or just the gpu? Mine 7850 is getting 23k on the 7662 project (the one and only core17 project I'm getting since last week). 1175mhz core and 1400mhz memory.

Just a reminder to everyone - we are supporting overclockers.com in their bid to win the Chip Challenge - a yearly FAH challenge among the top teams. This is to drive up folding points and spur awareness of Folding.

For the next week - till next Tuesday I believe, please update you team number to 32 - that is all you need to do. After next Tuesday remember to switch back to the LTT team - 223518. :)

All for a good cause and support is appreciated

27k on the whole system or just the gpu? Mine 7850 is getting 23k on the 7662 project (the one and only core17 project I'm getting since last week). 1175mhz core and 1400mhz memory.

No., thats for the whole system. My 7850 got a total of 14k ppd when I got core 17 and it was only running at stock clocks...

MY FOLDING/GAMING RIG

the rest of my CPU only rigs going.

Got my Dual Quad Core Xeon server folding and a couple Ivy Bridge i5's running and my spare 3960k (that needs a GPU!!). I might put an old GPU in that server to see if i can get it any higher. Right now, just that server is getting 18kPPD. I should be getting 70-80kPPD total...for now ;)

Got those machines up for the race then I can keep all my machines on LTT team afterwards!!

the rest of my CPU only rigs going. Got my Dual Quad Core Xeon server folding and a couple Ivy Bridge i5's running and my spare 3960k (that needs a GPU!!). I might put an old GPU in that server to see if i can get it any higher. Right now' date=' just that server is getting 18kPPD. I should be getting 70-80kPPD total...for now ;) Got those machines up for the race then I can keep all my machines on LTT team afterwards!![/quote']

Awesome! Thanks for helping :)

I'm updating my rig soon, getting an i5 3570k. The 7850 will go bye bye when I need something better for my games.

I'm updating my rig soon' date=' getting an i5 3570k. The 7850 will go bye bye when I need something better for my games.[/quote']

Nice upgrade :) You can really over clock those suckers with a good cooler too to boost PPD...

Just upgraded to a 7870 and with the new core 17 I'm getting a total of 27K

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green