Your Folding Rig(s)

It's normal. My i5 3450 gets between 8k~13k depending on the wu. My 7850 is getting 3,8k ppd with core16 wu right now (I was getting 20~25k ppd with core17 wus).

Think when it struggles it clocks down , my gpu was running at half the speed. I just think it changed to a more stable setting for task

I did have some pix on vB5 - when a profile could have a media sets - will try and find them. Also, things changing - going for single GPU based folder and some big 4P systems.

Single GPU should be a little less energy consuming lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

560ti running in my main computer as a secondary card, but i'll be moving it to a machine with a budget low powered CPU ect

is any one using NVidia 610 budget boards , what sort of numbers are you getting if you are ??

As said - all about the number of CUDA cores - the more, the better - BUT (screeching halt) the newer 600 series cards with even more don't actually Fold significantly better then 500 and 400 series. The FAH client has not been fully optimized yet - which is why most of my GPU are 500 and 400 ones.

The 610 I have used - because I got it for like $15. It hardly produced any PPD - but if you have any otherwise free slot, throw it in. Won't hurt. 

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

CPU:intel core i5 3570 (non K)

GPU:MSI Radeon HD 7950

I have a question. Right now I have both my GPU and CPU folding. my CPU gets ~10K PPD but my GPU is only getting ~2.5k. Is that normal? I am using the latest client which I think is v7.

The AMD cards are not doing to well, driver issues and a FAH client issue. They are now internally testing another Core type for AMD cards. Once released, hopefully see the PPD on AMD cards go up significantly.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

How much would 2 i7 3770K's + an 7970 do, if they fold about 20/7 (4 hours of other stuff)

the 3770 should give you at least 20K+ PPD - the 7970 - no clue - but don't expect a lot until the new Beta core for AMD cards gets released.

My 660ti 1344 CUDA cores, is churning out 25551 PPD and my 560ti 384 CUDA is churning out 10592

the 560ti can do 20k PPD but I've underclocked it to 450mhz instead of 822mhz due to heat 

An 8 core CPU churning out 8k lmfao, CPU folding is a bit of a waste of time

I'll see if I can borrow a budget card of some one and see how it goes. I can get 460 for £30 off ebay and some sli boards are like 99p which is cool :)

Ya - 460's are great cards - and just remember, you don't need to actually run the cards in SLI....

Also, a "8" core CPU - at least to windows and FAH may actually be 4 real cores and 4 HT cores. Which would explain some lower PPD - but when you get into big setups - 32 core Opteron units that can push 300k+, then GPU folding looks like a waste. :)

I am folding with a 2600K @ 4.7ghz and 2 GTX Titans OC to 1150 Core and 1596 Mem. It's the only thing I fold with.

Nice setup - let me know what PPD you get on the Titans - be hearing they don't actually do as well as some would expect, most like as the FAH client is not optimized for them...

Single GPU should be a little less energy consuming lol

LOL - meant a single system running all my GPU's. :)

I have my main rig working whenever I'm not on it (or sleeping)

Intel i5-2320 @ 3.8gHz

8GB RAM @ 2000mHz

GTX 670 (boosting to 1330-1390mHz) RAM @ 7150mHz.

Estimated ~36000 PPD.

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

I have my main rig working whenever I'm not on it (or sleeping)

Intel i5-2320 @ 3.8gHz

8GB RAM @ 2000mHz

GTX 670 (boosting to 1330-1390mHz) RAM @ 7150mHz.

Estimated ~36000 PPD.

those mid to high range of 600 Nvidia series are real work horses I tell you ! that a good boost as well :p

My 660ti was still rung at 25000 PPD even when I was playing PC games :)

I'm thinking of getting a GeForce GTX 660 by the end of the year, what kind of numbers do they give, does anyone here own one?

Even though looking at Liam's 25,000 PPD with a Ti version, I think I'd estimate a standard 660 would reach 17-20,000 PPD, maybe a little more.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I'm thinking of getting a GeForce GTX 660 by the end of the year, what kind of numbers do they give, does anyone here own one?

Even though looking at Liam's 25,000 PPD with a Ti version, I think I'd estimate a standard 660 would reach 17-20,000 PPD, maybe a little more.

My 560ti goes up to 20,000 PPD so you might get more

Intel i5-2320 @ 3.8gHz

How did you get that to 3.8GHz, the multiplier is locked and I thought you couldn't overclock a great deal through the bus?

@Liam - Cool, just need to get a hold of one, I've also been looking at the GTX 650 Ti Boost, I can get an EVGA one from scan for £124

How did you get that to 3.8GHz, the multiplier is locked and I thought you couldn't overclock a great deal through the bus?

@Liam - Cool, just need to get a hold of one, I've also been looking at the GTX 650 Ti Boost, I can get an EVGA one from scan for £124

Its a partially unlocked multi. Turbo processors (i5, i7) can overclock 4 bins past their turbo. I also set my baseclock to 105.8.

So 105.8 x 37 (for 1 core speed).

1 core @ 3.9gHz

2 / 3 cores @ 3.8

4 cores @ 3.7

I'll be getting an unlocked ivy bridge as soon as I get the money :P

EDIT - Just broke 40000 PPD :) go GTX 670!

Its a partially unlocked multi. Turbo processors (i5, i7) can overclock 4 bins past their turbo. I also set my baseclock to 105.8.

So 105.8 x 37 (for 1 core speed).

Cool, what are the temps like?

Cool, what are the temps like?

I have an aftermarket heatsink (Cooler Master GeminII S524), and a graphics card pumping heat into the case, so around 56C. Without the graphics card (iGPU) it was around 50C.

I have an aftermarket heatsink (Cooler Master GeminII S524), and a graphics card pumping heat into the case, so around 56C. Without the graphics card (iGPU) it was around 50C.

nice, my Core i3 gets mid 40's under load mainly thanks to a Cooler Master Turbine 120mm at the front of the case and late 20's idling.

nice, my Core i3 gets mid 40's under load mainly thanks to a Cooler Master Turbine 120mm at the front of the case and late 20's idling.

Mine idles at the same too. I'll post up some pictures of my rig when I get the time (probably in a couple hours)

I'll post up some pictures of my rig when I get the time (probably in a couple hours)

Sounds good, also love to take the Core i5 off your hands but I have no money but I can pay with IOU's on the back of napkins, they are just as good:P

My son's system....it folds while he's at school and games when he's not....

I5 3570k

MSI GTX 670 PE 

16 GB Corsair 1600Mhz

128 GB Kinston SSD

Gets about 35,000 PPD on average

Here's the full build.....

My son's system....it folds while he's at school and games when he's not....

I5 3570k

MSI GTX 670 PE 

16 GB Corsair 1600Mhz

128 GB Kinston SSD

Gets about 35,000 PPD on average

Here's the full build.....

Cool build. gawd things are cheap there, I think it all the VAT tax we pay items :(

always worth overclocking the FSB even if you clock the CPU back to a normal speed. FSB can make a real difference :)

this is the cheapest 650ti I found http://www.ebuyer.com/434576-gainward-gtx-650-ti-1gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-vga-mini-hdmi-pci-e-426018336-2814 £99 free delivery

2GB version £115 free delivery http://www.ebuyer.com/434577-gainward-gtx-650-ti-2gb-gddr5-dual-dvi-vga-mini-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-426018336-2821\

I always buy from here and they're good with returns (unlike curry's aka dixon's)

660 £160 with free new metro game & free delivery  http://www.ebuyer.com/444425-evga-gtx-660-2gb-gddr5-hdmi-dvi-i-dvi-d-pci-e-graphics-card-02g-p4-2660-kr

if you buy, tell ebuyer to give me commission lol   £99 for a 650ti is pretty good :)

if you buy, tell ebuyer to give me commission lol   £99 for a 650ti is pretty good :)

I'm automatically assuming that I get a beer out of it as well then:P

Also that is not the Boost version, on can they are about the same price as eBuyer

Cool build. gawd things are cheap there, I think it all the VAT tax we pay items :(

always worth overclocking the FSB even if you clock the CPU back to a normal speed. FSB can make a real difference :)

20% VAT added on top, good thing these politicians know what they are doing and that we can trust them, wait hang on, they don't and we can't lol