Your Folding Rig(s)

Ok my folding rig is AMD8320  running at 3.7ghz 8 cores 8 gig fo cl7 ram 1600mhz sabertooth 990fx GeForce 560ti for folding 660ti gaming card, can fold when idle

4 core set for folding and 560ti also folding 100% 24/7, that half my machine :) 660ti will be folding when not in use (at night)

Jesus Whaler you must have one hell of a power bill:)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Jesus Whaler you must have one hell of a power bill:)

Yep - I won't scare you. :)  One of the reasons why I am consolidating into bigger systems.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Yep - I won't scare you. :)  One of the reasons why I am consolidating into bigger systems.

You really should get a small nuclear power plant to run your little farm  B)

I'm betting it's not as big as this guy!  :lol:

AtlasFolder farm drew 13KW of power!  :blink:  :wacko:

He was back in the day the #1 folder in the world for total points because of this farm and it generated over 500K ppd (huge in 2009/10).

Ya, I remember checking out his website - that was awesome! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

@Whaler - I don't mean to sound a little personal but would you be able to take a few pictures, all of those computers intrigues me.

Also I bet its quite warm in there as well.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

hello i'm folding with :  I5 3570K, HD 7950, 16 GO RAM

i hope that help the team ;)

what doesn't kill me, level me up !

I'm betting it's not as big as this guy!  :lol:

AtlasFolder farm drew 13KW of power!  :blink:  :wacko:

He was back in the day the #1 folder in the world for total points because of this farm and it generated over 500K ppd (huge in 2009/10).

13 kw That's about £2.50 an hour here :o

The RAM won't make any difference but the Ivy Bridge Core i5 and the 7950 should do very well:)

MyGamer Rig,

Folds only when not in use by me, Mostly when i'm working or sleeping.

Averages 57,000~60,000 PPD

AMD FX-8120 @ 4.0Ghz

Vengeance Ram 8GB @ 1866Mhz

EVGA GTX 460 EE's SLI'd  clocked at 800/1900.

Sabertooth 990FX

Force GT 120GB

WD Black 1TB X2

And the Monolithic Phantom 820

And the 24/7 Folder,

Averages 4500~5500 PPD

Dell XPS 420 All Stock clock speeds.

Q6600

4GB Kingston HyperX 800Mhz

EVGA 9800GT Akimbo 512Meg.

My rig

AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2Ghz
8.00 GB Kingston hyperblu
550ti

other pc I run on while idle

Amd Athlon II x2 260
4.00GB DDR3

It's nothing great just trying to help :)

Sounds about right - your 7770 is taking a massive hit right now with no new Core17's being released. But, after the current Beta test, you should hopefully see that jump.

what does that mean? im sort of a noob :P

what does that mean? im sort of a noob :P

Amd GPUs only do well when folding core17s working units, and right now those WUs aren't available. 

Amd GPUs only do well when folding core17s working units, and right now those WUs aren't available. 

oh really? i had no idea, thanks for the info :)

@Whaler - I don't mean to sound a little personal but would you be able to take a few pictures, all of those computers intrigues me.

Also I bet its quite warm in there as well.

I did have some pix on vB5 - when a profile could have a media sets - will try and find them. Also, things changing - going for single GPU based folder and some big 4P systems.

I use an 8.5x11 piece of college ruled. It's pretty good although i have the bottleneck of only 7 folds before i need a new rig. :)

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

Every little bit helps! :)

Do cuda cores matter with folding ?? or is it just MHz ? is it worth buying budget cards or am I wasting my time ???

If I can get budget cards and old sli boards off Ebay for pennies

Building a setup out of old parts, old DDR2 build with 560ti.
putting it in attic with a wireless card, so I don't have to hear the fans going and I can make it as cheap as possible. fans for a £1 lol  

560ti running in my main computer as a secondary card, but i'll be moving it to a machine with a budget low powered CPU ect

is any one using NVidia 610 budget boards , what sort of numbers are you getting if you are ??

Do cuda cores matter with folding ?? or is it just MHz ? is it worth buying budget cards or am I wasting my time ???

If I can get budget cards and old sli boards off Ebay for pennies

Building a setup out of old parts, old DDR2 build with 560ti.

putting it in attic with a wireless card, so I don't have to hear the fans going and I can make it as cheap as possible. fans for a £1 lol  

560ti running in my main computer as a secondary card, but i'll be moving it to a machine with a budget low powered CPU ect

is any one using NVidia 610 budget boards , what sort of numbers are you getting if you are ??

Cuda Cores are FAR more important.

For instance,, my 460's have 338Cores,, each.

CPU:intel core i5 3570 (non K)

GPU:MSI Radeon HD 7950

I have a question. Right now I have both my GPU and CPU folding. my CPU gets ~10K PPD but my GPU is only getting ~2.5k. Is that normal? I am using the latest client which I think is v7.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

CPU:intel core i5 3570 (non K)

GPU:MSI Radeon HD 7950

I have a question. Right now I have both my GPU and CPU folding. my CPU gets ~10K PPD but my GPU is only getting ~2.5k. Is that normal? I am using the latest client which I think is v7.

It's normal. My i5 3450 gets between 8k~13k depending on the wu. My 7850 is getting 3,8k ppd with core16 wu right now (I was getting 20~25k ppd with core17 wus).

i just joined the folding group and my cpu is a phemon x4 955be @4ghz

and gpu is hd 6950 1gb

amd fx 6300  @4.4ghz @1.4/ga-970a-ud3/HD78702gb /antec 620w psu

Cuda Cores are FAR more important.

For instance,, my 460's have 338Cores,, each.

My 660ti 1344 CUDA cores, is churning out 25551 PPD and my 560ti 384 CUDA is churning out 10592

the 560ti can do 20k PPD but I've underclocked it to 450mhz instead of 822mhz due to heat 

An 8 core CPU churning out 8k lmfao, CPU folding is a bit of a waste of time

I'll see if I can borrow a budget card of some one and see how it goes. I can get 460 for £30 off ebay and some sli boards are like 99p which is cool :)