#2 - Intel QuadCore, GTX 560 - CPU and GPU folding

#3 - Intel Core2Due, GTX 560, GTX 460, GT 640 - CPU and GPU folding

#4 - Intel Core i7 Mobile - CPU folding

Averaging about 120K PPD on these.

Also have temporarily running:

HP ML350 Single Xeon - 10K PPD

HP DL380 Dual Xeon - 65KPPD

Make mine look crap lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

This is what I have:-

Clevo M760T Laptop CPU Folding - Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz

Desktop CPU Folding (no graphics card yet) Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz

But what I really want is dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's but at something like $2,000 each and plus another $500+ for the board, that build is a little way off at the moment.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

But what I really want is dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's but at something like $2,000 each and plus another $500+ for the board, that build is a little way off at the moment.

The laptop is only getting 527 PPD (hardly seems worth it looking at some of those numbers lol) and the Core i3-2120 is currently getting 4,600 PPD.

Is that any good, there is no graphics card in yet, not sure when I'll be getting one.

I have the same i3 2120 and on all 2+2 cores it was getting about 4 - 6 k so yeah that is it. Its small comparing to the GPUs but every little help is welcome and appreciated !

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

cool, I'm thinking of getting a GeForce GT 620 at some point and apparently those little 96 core GPU's kick out something like 260 GFLOPS which should also help until I can get in a GeForce GTX 660 at the end of the year possibly

i have an old iMac which is folding. Can the raspberrypi fold?

Maybe you could build one of these :P

I love this video ! it gives me loads of ideas :) and RaspberryPi has such a low power & cost footprint !

They are worth messing around with for programming, turning TV into a smart TV, NAS, bit-coining ect

This is what I have:- Clevo M760T Laptop CPU Folding - Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.1GHz Desktop CPU Folding (no graphics card yet) Intel Core i3-2120 3.3GHz But what I really want is dual Intel Xeon E5-2690's but at something like $2,000 each and plus another $500+ for the board, that build is a little way off at the moment.

Better to look into AMD Opteron's - 6000 series - can usually find deals on ebay and such. I have 4 of those and 4 8000 series coming.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Maybe you could build one of these :P

I love this video ! it gives me loads of ideas :) and RaspberryPi has such a low power & cost footprint !

They are worth messing around with for programming, turning TV into a smart TV, NAS, bit-coining ect

Seen that one. Very cool. To bad you cannot fold on a Pi...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Seen that one. Very cool. To bad you cannot fold on a Pi...

I didn't know you couldn't fold on Pi, such a same. The graphics processing on them are quite good

1 of those boards can stream HD films with sound really well considering the size and power, I think that is amazing

I am looking into folding, but my biggest concern is the amount of internet bandwidth it would use and the amount of electric my 560ti will draw. 560ti would double my pc power consumption in 100% GPU use, going up to 300watts  

Ya - the main issue is the FAH client hasn't been created to support that specific CPU type - same can be said for ARM, etc.

As for Folding, it use hardly any internet bandwidth. I connects, downloads a WU unit, which is relatively small, then folds away. Once done, it connects again to upload results and download another WU. Bandwidth usage is minimal. As for power consumption, until you run a rig and use something like a Kill-O-Watt to measure the draw, it will be hard to fully calculate power draw.

A single 560ti shouldn't be to bad, both my 6950s literally increased my power bill to $450 when it is usually around $250 to $300.

Intel i5 2500k (4.5Ghz)

2X MSI PE 660Ti SLI

post-301-0-26256400-1366980723_thumb.jpg

PPD ^^^

post-301-0-26256400-1366980723_thumb.jpg

And what does folding mean? I see you guys and girls are posting your main rigs, then shittier ones.

My rig :

CPU - i5 2320

GPU - AMD 7870 OC edition

Ram - 8gb

I am strugling to work out how to get my 7870 fold at 100% even though i have now downloaded the beta client. Seems to be hovering at about 70%, is that normal?

And what does folding mean? I see you guys and girls are posting your main rigs, then shittier ones.

Please review the FAQ!

My rig :

CPU - i5 2320

GPU - AMD 7870 OC edition

Ram - 8gb

I am strugling to work out how to get my 7870 fold at 100% even though i have now downloaded the beta client. Seems to be hovering at about 70%, is that normal?

Is the slider at "Full"? Also, what driver version are you at?

Is the slider at "Full"? Also, what driver version are you at?

Thanks for the reply Whaler, I have the slider at full yeah and i am using driver version 13.4.

I did not download the beta version as i wanted it to be stable but if it is better for FAH then im willing to give it a go.

- James

Thanks for the reply Whaler, I have the slider at full yeah and i am using driver version 13.4.

I did not download the beta version as i wanted it to be stable but if it is better for FAH then im willing to give it a go.

- James

That might be it - the 13.4. Have you tried uninstalling 13.4 and cleaning it out, then try 13.3? And no - don't try Beta - those usually blow up with FAH. :D

That might be it - the 13.4. Have you tried uninstalling 13.4 and cleaning it out, then try 13.3? And no - don't try Beta - those usually blow up with FAH. :D

Ah, cool. I will give that a go ASAP then!

haha yeah i thought beta was probably a bad option. Thanks for the advice dude!

just started folding and going to try and get my other friends to do it also because i really do want to find a cure for Parkinson's particulary because of my father.

but anyway my rig that I am using to fold:
CPU: intel core i5 3570 @ stock clock
GPU:MSI HD 7950 @ 960MHz - factory overclock

and i will eventually get my laptop do fold:
CPU: intel core i7 2630QM

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

just started folding and going to try and get my other friends to do it also because i really do want to find a cure for Parkinson's particulary because of my father.

Wonder what it would be like to fold on a laptop. most draw about 60watts, so the running cost would be low depending on how well it crunches numbers

Welcome to the team! And the more the merrier!

Wonder what it would be like to fold on a laptop. most draw about 60watts, so the running cost would be low depending on how well it crunches numbers

On a similar core i7 mobil model, I get about 3-4K PPD...

I have my main rig folding about 10 hours a day and it says 9k to 11k PPD, i5 3570k @4.0 and hd7770 @1200:1550

I have my main rig folding about 10 hours a day and it says 9k to 11k PPD, i5 3570k @4.0 and hd7770 @1200:1550

Sounds about right - your 7770 is taking a massive hit right now with no new Core17's being released. But, after the current Beta test, you should hopefully see that jump.