Your Folding Rig(s)

Actually I just broke 20k with my cpu.

http://postimg.org/image/wwodcmh8b/

When I took my 3450 out and installed the 3570k, the ppd didn't seemed right. I had to delete the slot, and remake it. I'm also using all cores for cpu folding (some people spare 1 core for gpu folding, but for me it didn't improve gpu folding).

i never had another cpu on this rig, its 5 months old idk what im doing wrong

im on project 7809 and currently have 5k ppd

With the same CPU?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

i never had another cpu on this rig, its 5 months old idk what im doing wrong

Do you have a passkey?

a quick question about my folding...recently i just updated my GPU driver to 13.4 (7950) and that has improved my GPU's PPD, but since then my CPU is 100% on all cores and my PPD for my 3570 (non K) has dropped. Before it is usually 8-10K but now its barely 5k. I will also note that my TPF around 11 minutes on project 8090 and is taking about 16 hours to finish. I feel like something is off.

GPU: 7950, driver 13.4, PPD ~6k, project 11292

CPU: 3570(non-k), PPD ~5k, project 8090

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

a quick question about my folding...recently i just updated my GPU driver to 13.4 (7950) and that has improved my GPU's PPD, but since then my CPU is 100% on all cores and my PPD for my 3570 (non K) has dropped. Before it is usually 8-10K but now its barely 5k. I will also note that my TPF around 11 minutes on project 8090 and is taking about 16 hours to finish. I feel like something is off.

GPU: 7950, driver 13.4, PPD ~6k, project 11292

CPU: 3570(non-k), PPD ~5k, project 8090

Ya - some people are seeing good performance, others, meh...  Have you reserved one CPU core for your video card? So, CPU:3?  I am also working on a 8090 right now, roughly same TPF and ETA as you - but about 8k PPD...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Ya - some people are seeing good performance, others, meh...  Have you reserved one CPU core for your video card? So, CPU:3?  I am also working on a 8090 right now, roughly same TPF and ETA as you - but about 8k PPD...

on my client screen it says CPU:3 but on my task manager it shows that all 4 cores are at 100%. How would I change that so I have one core for the GPU. Before when i was on driver 13.1 it had 3 100% and 1 core that was constantly changing.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

All of them at 100% is normal - if folding at Full - put your slider back to medium and let's see what happens...  One issue, is you don't have affinity control by default - so sometimes different a CPU core can be used as well...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

At Medium I have:

Core1 - 92

Core2 - 77

Core3 - 87

Core4 - 83

this is was when i had the 13.1 drivers - full folding

JgZqNTTl.jpg

this is with the 13.4 drivers - medium folding

TwLc3gnl.jpg

Also, don't forget - we have the "magic" of Microsoft here. Even though you set CPU:3 it doesn't mean one CPU will sit idle - Windows does a bunch of management in distributing load among all your cores. By setting CPU:3 you tell FAH what type of workload to send - MS does the rest in terms of balance. I do believe though if determined, you can set core affinity. When I tried on the older V7 it didn't work to well..

well what do you know the PPD decided to jump up a little higher - this is at full fold

W4QBhPRl.jpg

looks like its just being tempermental...

yeah why?

Passkeys give bonus points on folds allowing for higher PPD, due to your unusually low PPD he questioned if you had a passkey or not

Passkeys give bonus points on folds allowing for higher PPD, due to your unusually low PPD he questioned if you had a passkey or not

This. Well, in this case I dont know why your cpu's ppd is that low. Maybe Whaler can help you on this.

This. Well, in this case I dont know why your cpu's ppd is that low. Maybe Whaler can help you on this.

Only thing I suggest - first off, delete the CPU slot. Reboot. Re-add the slot. THEN, let it work through at least two units to see if it stabilizes. If still issues - sometimes an uninstall of FAH, reinstall can help.

Are you sure no other processes in the background running that could be hitting your CPU, even a little bit?

I think that the F@H client its very unstable, had to uninstall and re-install it twice already. You can calculate the PPD by hand to see if the client reading is accurate. Sometimes it goes full retarded on PPD mark, but when calculate by hand it's perfectly normal.

oh, i didnt know :) but yes i have one

the math works out, ill try doing what Whaler said, thanks for the quick replies. what about the cpu affinity locking or whatever its called, is it better if i turn that on? the only thing i ever have running when im folding is chrome with youtube and like 5 other tabs but that doesnt really hit my cpu i think, when i game i put it on medium or turn it off depending on the game but i dont even game many hours a day maybe 2 hours a day and its active for over 12 hours folding

Have a 32 thread server not being used for a few days. Lets see how she folds...

IBM Flex System x240 Compute Node

Vh88KzJl.jpg

processor       : 31vendor_id       : GenuineIntelcpu family      : 6model           : 45model name      : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2680 0 @ 2.70GHzstepping        : 7cpu MHz         : 2700.000cache size      : 20480 KBphysical id     : 1siblings        : 16core id         : 15cpu cores       : 16apicid          : 31initial apicid  : 31fpu             : yesfpu_exception   : yescpuid level     : 13wp              : yesflags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc aperfmperf unfair_spinlock pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtsbogomips        : 5400.00clflush size    : 64cache_alignment : 64address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

j95BsIM.jpg

My Gaming Rig/, which I turn on to full whenever I'm not using it:
i7-3770k, SLI GTX 670 Jetstreams 
My home server which is running 24/7
i5-2500, GTX 550 Ti

Check out my Trading Card Inventory, I probably have that one card you need

Gaming PC  Corsair C70 Arctic White ▪ MSI Z77 MPower ▪ i7-3770k, Core 4.0 GHz ▪ Patriot IEM 4 x 4GB @ 2133MHz ▪ 2 x Palit GTX 670 Jetstreams in SLI, Core 1250 MHz, Mem 3150 MHz ▪ OS on 128GB Samsung 840 Pro ▪ Silverstone ST85F-P w/ Fancy Silverstone Cables

Server ▫ Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey ▪ Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 ▪ i5-2500 ▪ Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB @ 1600MHz ▪ Asus GTX 550ti ▪ OS on 120GB Samsung 840 ▪ 5.2TB Storage Space ▪ Antex HCG 900

the math works out, ill try doing what Whaler said, thanks for the quick replies. what about the cpu affinity locking or whatever its called, is it better if i turn that on? the only thing i ever have running when im folding is chrome with youtube and like 5 other tabs but that doesnt really hit my cpu i think, when i game i put it on medium or turn it off depending on the game but i dont even game many hours a day maybe 2 hours a day and its active for over 12 hours folding

Ya, I wouldn't bother over much with affinity - when I played with it, was finicky at best...

My Gaming Rig/, which I turn on to full whenever I'm not using it:

i7-3770k, SLI GTX 670 Jetstreams 

My home server which is running 24/7

i5-2500, GTX 550 Ti

Welcome!

Have a 32 thread server not being used for a few days. Lets see how she folds...

IBM Flex System x240 Compute Node

processor       : 31vendor_id       : GenuineIntelcpu family      : 6model           : 45model name      : Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2680 0 @ 2.70GHzstepping        : 7cpu MHz         : 2700.000cache size      : 20480 KBphysical id     : 1siblings        : 16core id         : 15cpu cores       : 16apicid          : 31initial apicid  : 31fpu             : yesfpu_exception   : yescpuid level     : 13wp              : yesflags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht syscall nx rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts xtopology tsc_reliable nonstop_tsc aperfmperf unfair_spinlock pni pclmulqdq ssse3 cx16 sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt aes xsave avx hypervisor lahf_lm ida arat epb xsaveopt pln pts dtsbogomips        : 5400.00clflush size    : 64cache_alignment : 64address sizes   : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

Make sure you have a passkey and have it set for bigadv - then you can get some of the big projects...