Your Folding Rig(s)

i dont actually know them off hands its my dads rig, its a full custom water cooling loop i can check it out a little later though. im thinking he just got REALLY lucky in the silicone lottery lol

What's watercooled CPU, what else? VRM+MOSFETs, etc

What's watercooled CPU, what else? VRM+MOSFETs, etc

north bridge south bridge cpu and the three 580s, gpus are one loop by themselves everything else is the second loop, the mobo is a rampage 4 extreme

Just joined the Forums and I'm pretty excited to be part of the team!!

Currently running:

2600k @4.7 Ghz

SLI GTX 670s

16GB G-Skill Sniper

2x 256GB Samsung 840pro raid 0 (boot)

Seasonic X750 PSU

Corsair 650D

Build coming in the near future:

Asus Z9PE-D8

E5-2687w

GTX Titan 

Seasonic X1250

May vary a bit but we shall see.

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Currently running:

2600k @4.7 Ghz

SLI GTX 670s

16GB G-Skill Sniper

Seasonic X750 PSU

Corsair 650D

Asus Z9PE-D8

E5-2687w

GTX Titan 

Seasonic X1250

Once you get your build with Titans can you tell us the PPD to help grasp on the range it puts out?

Currently running:

2600k @4.7 Ghz

SLI GTX 670s

16GB G-Skill Sniper

Seasonic X750 PSU

Corsair 650D

Asus Z9PE-D8

E5-2687w

GTX Titan 

Seasonic X1250

Off topic, but I love your profile picture :p

CPU: Intel i5-2320 @ 3.9gHz

GPU: MSI GTX 670 PE @ 1411/7387

I wanna go fast! :P

Looks like I've found someone else here with good taste!

Intel 2500K @ 5GHz,Corsair H100i, MSI Z68 GD65, GTX 970 STRIX, 16GB G Skill Sniper, Seasonic X750, 250 GB Samsung 840pro SSDs in Raid 0, Corsair 650D.

Ill definitely post as much info as possible, ill probably also be doing a build log to go along with it.

so is it normal for a cpu to be folding faster than a gpu or am i doing something wrong

Fan Junkie

so is it normal for a cpu to be folding faster than a gpu or am i doing something wrong

My CPU folds about 7000 points per day. My GTX 670 does about 33000. So the GPU should be much faster.

My CPU folds about 7000 points per day. My GTX 670 does about 33000. So the GPU should be much faster.

Not really. Amd gpus need core17 WUs to get good performance, and at this time there is no core17 WUs available. My i5 3570k gets 19k, and my 7850 gets 6k atm. With core17s, my gpu gets around 23k. 

Not really. Amd gpus need core17 WUs to get good performance, and at this time there is no core17 WUs available. My i5 3570k gets 19k, and my 7850 gets 6k atm. With core17s, my gpu gets around 23k. 

How does your CPU do that much work? :p I've never seen numbers like that.

Currently running:

2600k @4.7 Ghz

SLI GTX 670s

16GB G-Skill Sniper

Seasonic X750 PSU

Corsair 650D

Asus Z9PE-D8

E5-2687w

GTX Titan 

Seasonic X1250

Welcome to the team and the Forum!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Overclocked CPU's can be monsters...

FYI - Titan - Actually gets, when you think about it, crap PPD for the cost. The FAH client is no where near optimized for it. You want RAW PPD - go 500 series (570, 580) - if you getting Titan for gaming and such, rock on. I would assume at some point an update will come out that will let those Titan's rock...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

How does your CPU do that much work? :P I've never seen numbers like that.

Take a look on the PPD spreadsheet topic, I have some screenshots there. My i5 3450 is getting 13k, and my i5 3570k @4,3ghz 16k right now. With a good WU and a higher folding stable overclock I bet it can break 20k.

Currently Running:

i5-2500 with a 5850
i5-2500 with a 5870

i5-3570 

i7 3820 at 4.75 Ghz. 

gtx 670

Currently Running:

i5-2500 with a 5850

i5-2500 with a 5870

i5-3570 

Nice - should get some decent PPD from those! Welcome!

i7 3820 at 4.75 Ghz. 

gtx 670

Welcome to the team!

Currently running:

2600k @4.7 Ghz

SLI GTX 670s

16GB G-Skill Sniper

Seasonic X750 PSU

Corsair 650D

Asus Z9PE-D8

E5-2687w

GTX Titan 

Seasonic X1250

I was thinking of an Intel E5 machine but the one I want is a 2690 and the shear amount of money needed I couldn't go down that road, I'm going to wait for the Ivy Bridge-E CPU's, apparantly they are having up to 8 cores for the mainstream but this is all speculation right now.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I can't wait to see that if thats actually true!

Just remember, the Xeon system will be a bit of a conundrum.

That sucker has 16 cores per CPU - so in theory, if you folding in Linux/Ubuntu you can get Bigadv projects which will give you some serious bonus points. But, you will not be able to use the Titan. If you run Windows, you can fold on the Titan, but Windows is not elegible for bigadv projects. So, then you need to maybe looking at running at Hyper-V with 16 cores - but the performance hit within a hyper-v is a bit heavy. Hmmm... what to do. :)

jesus, my overclocked 3570k at 4.0 only gets like 5k how do you do that? O.o

Really, my Core i3-2120 is currently getting around 5,000 on project 8089

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Actually I just broke 20k with my cpu.

http://postimg.org/image/wwodcmh8b/

When I took my 3450 out and installed the 3570k, the ppd didn't seemed right. I had to delete the slot, and remake it. I'm also using all cores for cpu folding (some people spare 1 core for gpu folding, but for me it didn't improve gpu folding).

Really, my Core i3-2120 is currently getting around 5,000 on project 8089

im on project 7809 and currently have 5k ppd