Explain Your Username

DLM_012

Had to make a youtube account and this is what I thought of it is since what I use for everything. (Steam, Twitter, Youtube, ETC.)

Rich Purnell Is A Steely-Eyed Missile Man

When I signed up for my very first YouTube account back when YouTube still had the description box to the right of the video, the television was on in the background and a "Toys 'R' Us" Commercial was playing, it inspired me to make this username. 

Anyone else watch Fairy Tail?

Back in like, 2005 or something, I was really into Final Fantasy XII. I'd spent like a week trying to kill an incredibly hard Mark, the Hell Wyrm, which has like 8mil HP. Even with a save point not to far, to go and restore my HP and everything else, it still tok me about 2 hours to kill it, seeing as, you had a 30s window to return to him, or he'd regen back to full health (happened 2x). At the time, this was my biggest accomplishment to date in XII. Anyway, about a week after that, I got a PSP, and had my first foray into online gaming. I couldn't think of anything for a name, and started getting angry. Semi-bragging, I decided to go with SlayerOfHellWyrm because a) I just killed the douche a few days earlier b) it was hard c) I didn't think it was that common and d) I knew nobody else would have the name.

Since then, it's survived on PSN, and eventually crossed over into Steam, every game I've ever played online, here, Twitch, even twitter. I've got a few variations on it, in case the character limit is too small, being SlayerOfHelWyrm (1 l), SlayerOfHWyrm, and SOHW (which is ccasionally taken).

Side note: about 2 months after creating the PSN name, I'd subsequently killed Zodiark(337k HP, but nasty attacks, reflect immune spells and instand death chance on ALL spells), Yiazmat (50mil HP), and Omega Mk, XII (12mil HP).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

Ii Naomasa was a famous and one of my favorite samurai.  True badass.  However, straight names are generally unavailable, so I thought it was creative to replace the double i with two ones.  Since putting numbers before words seems weird, I went for the "English" variant where the surname (Ii, in this case) came last instead of first as it is in Japanese.  Hence Naomasa11 rather than NaomasaIi or IiNaomasa or 11Naomasa.

My real name. :D I believe I posted this already but wth. :D

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

the name of a final boss i made in a very old game that i stopped working on

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

Like quite a few people on this post, I came up with mine in the early days of Xbox live. My sister and I bought the xbox live starter kit, if anyone remembers that thing, and we needed a name. we came up with nightmarevoid somehow, although I can't remember anything about it. Now I'm the only one who uses it, and I like it because it doesn't have any numbers or x's surrounding it.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Aorus GTX 1080ti

G.Skill TridentZ 3200MHz 2x8GB

Corsair SFX 750W

Phanteks Evolve Shift Air (glass front)

2x Corsair Force GS 120GB SSD (RAID 0)

Is your user name something you just thought of at random? Or is it something you've been using for a long time? 

My username GeForceftw is because I like GeForce cards (call me a fancy idc) I like Cuda and physx. 

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

its my name.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I've had mine for ages.

Hi-YAY-Hi.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

cut out the o and you get wng_kingsley7 not sure what the "7" number denotes.....maybe it's something I thought of randomly.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

The first letter is the first letter of my first name (a lot of "first's" here) and then the rest is my last name and the year I was born in

Combination of when I was making a pure strength account on Runescape about 9-10 years ago and my friends pencil sharpener which was the brand Maped but the d had been scratched out. The name just stuck.
maped-croc-croc-li-pencil-sharpener-%5B2

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

My favourite Minecraft mob. Also my MC username and youtube channel :D

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

The last letter is the first letter of my surname, the rest is what I thought at the time when I first used it (2009) was the correct spelling of a nickname my dad had for me, it is not, it's not even close, I never bothered to change it and I kinda like it.

i'm a potato

I thought of mine when I was thinking of a name for a bionicle I made. So I'm Jerakl the dragon lord. Yay! T7taesG.gif

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm from the desert... there was a pen and paper game I used to play called Shadowrun and my main PC was a Coyote Shaman.  Had this name since... gees 1994 or so?

My nickname was "bennyboy" and when i came to make an account on minecraft and "bennyboy" was taken so i made it "thebennyboy", have used that username ever since.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: Enermax Revolution87+ 850W | Motherboard: MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC | GPU 1: MSI R9 290X Lightning | CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k | SSD: Samsung SM951 128GB M.2 | HDDs: 2x 3TB WD Black (RAID1) | CPU Cooler: Silverstone Heligon HE01 | RAM: 4 x 4GB Team Group 1600Mhz

Every 'farm' in our neighbourhood has a name, ours is 'lutkeveld' (small field). Don't know why a lot of people still mention me as 'lukteveld' ;p.

Is your user name something you just thought of at random? Or is it something you've been using for a long time? 

My username GeForceftw is because I like GeForce cards (call me a fancy idc) I like Cuda and physx. 

^Merged

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Combination of when I was making a pure strength account on Runescape about 9-10 years ago and my friends pencil sharpener which was the brand Maped but the d had been scratched out. The name just stuck.

maped-croc-croc-li-pencil-sharpener-%5B2

I got my runescape name when I was over at my friends house in his computer room and everyone else at school was playing runescape but I couldn't because I had dial up (~2006). I ended up getting the name Gasoline 77 because it was written on my lunch bag and the number shit i forget if it was 77 or 87 :'(