one hell of a deal on steam

circeseye

A great deal to be sure.

For its size im surprised it doesnt contain any games i would play, or in the case of the Legacy of Kain series, havnt played before.

The Legacy of kain series is fking awsome btw , so thats a good inclusion, but beyond that ..meh.

Kinda on the fence with this, on the one hand thats a lot of games for a very good price, on the other.. i dont think i'd actually play any lol.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Definitely a buy, I was looking at tomb raider and just cause, amazing price.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

95% off, but I probably wouldn't touch 99% of it unfortunately. Solid deal none the less.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Steam: What's your DOB?

Me: Jan 1st, 1902. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

52 minutes ago, Polemical said:

You're not new to Steam are ya'?

nope lol now im at 335 games. unlike my son who is at 779 lol

but again that is only steam...not including epic, battlenet, origin, uplay 😛

6 minutes ago, circeseye said:

nope lol now im at 335 games.

Then you'd probably know that the bundle is falsely advertised. Instead of claiming it's 95%(which it's not), it should read more like 95% of the games in the bundle are under $1.00 every major Steam sale. Much easier on the wallet to just buy a few here and there every Steam sale. I mean, who has time to play 54 games?

Even the most valued game in the list is just $6-$9 during Steam sales.

9 minutes ago, Polemical said:

Then you'd probably know that the bundle is falsely advertised. Instead of claiming it's 95%(which it's not), it should read more like 95% of the games in the bundle are under $1.00 every major Steam sale. Much easier on the wallet to just buy a few here and there every Steam sale. I mean, who has time to play 54 games?

true BUT, a lot of times people miss the sale or like you said wait for said sale to happen....this one the money is going to charities to boot.

1 hour ago, circeseye said:

a lot of times people miss the sale or like you said wait for said sale to happen

The types of people that miss Steam sales, probably don't invest much time PC gaming. They last for weeks, if not days. There's also sales outside of Steam, that occur every single month, if not every single week. And not just sales, free games. Given out for free.

The day this $35 bundle expires, it'll take less than 30 days to obtain a game from this bundle for less than $1.00.

1 hour ago, circeseye said:

the money is going to charities to boot

If someone wants to donate to charity, they can do so any time they wish. It's even more whatever(fill in your own word here), to donate to charity with absolutely nothing to expect in return.

7 hours ago, SolarNova said:

A great deal to be sure.

For its size im surprised it doesnt contain any games i would play, or in the case of the Legacy of Kain series, havnt played before.

The Legacy of kain series is fking awsome btw , so thats a good inclusion, but beyond that ..meh.

Kinda on the fence with this, on the one hand thats a lot of games for a very good price, on the other.. i dont think i'd actually play any lol.

The Deus Ex games are pretty great. The recent revivals are seriously underrated. There's also Tomb Raider I guess, but I'm not super into 3d platformers.

#Muricaparrotgang

18 hours ago, Polemical said:

Its still ~95% off regular price. Just because they go on sale for 80% other times doesn't mean its not on sale now. Thats like saying an item is never on sale because it went on sale once.

This is really tempting, but I already have most of the games id be interested in. I would have gotten this if I wanted to more than 3-4 games from the list that I didn't already own. I probably would have gotten around to playing the other fillers listed, but its not a pressing concern given the backlog already.

17 minutes ago, Ertman said:

Its still ~95% off regular price. Just because they go on sale for 80% other times doesn't mean its not on sale now.

I don't think you're understanding.

These games are almost always well under regular price. Paying $35 for all of them at once is not only overpaying, it makes no sense to the vast majority of people because their Steam library already has hundreds of games in it. And the people that don't have that many games are clearly not aware just how often these games are under $1.00. Which is throughout the entire year, year after year.

23 minutes ago, Ertman said:

Thats like saying an item is never on sale because it went on sale once.

This is my point. The vast majority of these games are on sale for $0.80-$0.97 every single Steam sale and at other places throughout every single year. Sure Rise of the Tomb Raider is $6-$9 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided is $3.57-$4.49 and the entire Life is Strange series is just $4 at least once a month or every other month as well but those prices are simply nowhere near $35 and they come and go throughout the entire year.

14 hours ago, Polemical said:

These games are almost always well under regular price. Paying $35 for all of them at once is not only overpaying, it makes no sense to the vast majority of people because their Steam library already has hundreds of games in it. And the people that don't have that many games are clearly not aware just how often these games are under $1.00. Which is throughout the entire year, year after year.

This is my point. The vast majority of these games are on sale for $0.80-$0.97 every single Steam sale and at other places throughout every single year. Sure Rise of the Tomb Raider is $6-$9 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided is $3.57-$4.49 and the entire Life is Strange series is just $4 at least once a month or every other month as well but those prices are simply nowhere near $35 and they come and go throughout the entire year.

It is a 95% off REGULAR price, so it is on SALE and on SALE FOR 95% off the retail pricing, which is the price games are actually available for purchase a majority of the time. Is it worth full retail, probably to a few, but not to the most as they wait for SALES like THIS.

A SALE can still be a SALE even if the item can be discounted multiple times a year. 

its not OVERPAYING if you want ALL those games or enough that justifies the price compared to the individual sale prices that you can get at other times.

Majority is NOT EVERYONE.

Some people think the charitable aspect is enough.

15 hours ago, Polemical said:

bro how can you care this much about this shit. don't you have better things to do?

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

9 hours ago, Ertman said:

-snip-

Done repeating myself. I'm 100% aware of game pricing. Have a blessed day.

8 hours ago, blu4 said:

bro how can you care this much about this shit. don't you have better things to do?

You're right. Definitely done with this conversation. Take care👍

3 hours ago, Polemical said:

Done repeating myself. I'm 100% aware of game pricing. Have a blessed day.

You're right. Definitely done with this conversation. Take care👍

Good, none of us need to be arguing about value of something we don’t particularly care about.