Post the latest scientific paper you've read!

bacithecat

Hm. If by "latest scientific paper" you mean, "the last research paper I read and used to write my lab report two years ago," here you go:

Abstract

Introduction

Detection and monitoring of circulating tumor DNA (ctDNA) is rapidly becoming a diagnostic, prognostic and predictive tool in cancer patient care. A growing number of gene targets have been identified as diagnostic or actionable, requiring the development of reliable technology that provides analysis of multiple genes in parallel. We have developed the InVision™ liquid biopsy platform which utilizes enhanced TAm-Seq™ (eTAm-Seq™) technology, an amplicon-based next generation sequencing method for the identification of clinically-relevant somatic alterations at low frequency in ctDNA across a panel of 35 cancer-related genes.

Conclusion

These studies demonstrate that eTAm-Seq technology is a robust and reproducible technology for the identification and quantification of somatic mutations in circulating tumor DNA, and support its use in clinical applications for precision medicine.

SourceDevelopment of a highly sensitive liquid biopsy platform to detect clinically-relevant cancer mutations at low allele fractions in cell-free DNA by Gale D., Lawson A. R. J., and Howarth K. et al.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Folding@ Home and Genome@ Home: Using distributed computing to tackle previously intractable problems in computational biology

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0901.0866.pdf

twas an interesting read but i failed miserably at understanding most of it

Don't forget to use the "Quote" feature or mention me ( @Gegger) if you want me to see your reply!

Community Standards // Forum Quickstart Guide // Floatplane // Forum FAQ // The Parrot Gang
Banned by Linus in the "banning game" thread who added insult to injury by putting this crap in my sig >(

WE ARE THE DARK SIDE Don't be a light theme peasant

Spoiler

........:oo:........

o//ssssssssyhhysssss+////o               .''''''''''''''. 

mddmmm/::ddddddddddddddmmmyss::/mmN       |   PARTY ON   |

o..+oodddmmmhhhhhhhhhhhdmmmmmdddooy       | ,............'

h::oyyhddmmm+++///////////++++++mmmddy::s  |/

Nyyo[[sddhyyyyy::::::::::::::::::::yyymmh//oyym

h..:oohmm+:://///::::////////////////+mmmmms..sNN

m++sddmmm+::hddhhy::+ddddddddddddddhhhmmmmmdhh+++d

Nsssyyhmmhssooodmmhhh::+mmdyyyyyyyyddddddmmmmmmmmo::d

mmd../mmmmmo::shhdmmhhh::+mmhooooooooyhhmmmmmmmmmmmyssdmm

+++++smmdddo::///dmmhhh::+mmhooooooooooommmmmddddmmmdd/++m

``+hhhmmhoo/:::::oooooossymmhooooooooyyymmdoooooydddmmo//N

++:mmmmmy:::::::::::::/yyhmmhooooooooyhhmmd:::::+yyhmmyssddd

ooommmmmy:::::::::::::://ommhooooooooooommd:::::://shhdmm+..

yyhmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyyymmd::::::::/++hmm+//

dddmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmhooooooooyhhddh:::::::::::hmmysshhd

mmmmmdhhs::::::::::::::::+mmhoooooooohhhhhy:::::::::::hmmhhh``+

mmmmmh++/::::::::::::::::+mmdhhsooooodmm++/:::::::::::hmmsss``+

dddmmhoo+::::::::::::::::+dddddyssyyydmm::::::::::::::hmmsoo++o

dddmmdhho::::::::::::::::+hhdmmddddmmmmm::::::::::::::hmmsooNNN

mmmmmh///::::::::::::::::+hhdmmmmmmmmddd::::::::::::::hmmsoo++/

yyhmmdss+::::::::::::::::/ooydddmmmmmsoo::::::::::::::yddhyy::+

++ommmmmy:::::::::::::::::::ohhdmmddd/::::::::::::::::shhdmmsssNNNmmN

..+mmmmmy:::::::::::::::::::://shh+//:::::::::::::::::://dmmmmdoo+..o

``+dddmmhss+:::::::::::::::::::+++/::::::::::::::::::::::ooodddhhysshNNy++m ``+hhdmmdhhs///:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::yyymmmmmmmmo++hNNmdd ``+hhdmmdhhhhh+:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/hhhhhdmmmmmsoo... ``+ddmmmdhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyo:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+++++sdddmmdhhsss//+ ``+mmmmmhsshhhhhhhhhhhhhhy++/:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::+ssyyydmmddd///hhd ``+mmmmmy::shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhs:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::ymmmmmmmh../ ``+mmmmmy:://////////////ohhhyy+::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::///hddmmmhhs++s ``+mmmmmhssssssssssssssssydddddysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssdddmmmmmy::s ``+mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmhooh

6 hours ago, Gegger said:

Folding@ Home and Genome@ Home: Using distributed computing to tackle previously intractable problems in computational biology

https://arxiv.org/pdf/0901.0866.pdf

twas an interesting read but i failed miserably at understanding most of it

Thats me with most papers :)

That would be this one. Been doing allot of rf/microwave stuff lately.

http://eprints.whiterose.ac.uk/101539/1/Synthesis and Design of Suspended substrate filters for DM PA.pdf

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It's behind a paywall on JLaw, but it was an article on patent problems that arise from the use of AI and procedurally generated product revisions.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Too long ago, not since I left my job as a scientist in 2012, I managed the company paper library so hard to recall exactly which one...

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

I recently went on Google Docs to get a spreadsheet I just made. It didn't have the one I made, but for some reason it did have one on the dynamic range of a gramophone or something, which I guess I deleted, because it's not there now. I don't know when I read it, or why, but I did.

#Muricaparrotgang

Does a two minute papers video count? if so:

I looked a bit at the paper the video was about, but didn't read the whole thing.

https://distill.pub/2020/circuits/zoom-in/

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

This one about DenseNet, since I'm planning on using it for some tasks and compare it against other architectures.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

1 hour ago, igormp said:

This one about DenseNet, since I'm planning on using it for some tasks and compare it against other architectures.

Cool paper! I'm doing research at Cornell right now so this was cool to see!

This was a few years ago, but the last paper I read (at least that I can remember specifically. I know for a fact that I've read many papers since then, and even this week, but I just can't remember specifically what they were) was in my universities online library behind a login portal.

It was a paper on how to make more efficient explosively pumped flux compression generators using specially shaped charges to compress specifically shaped metal in a specific way so as to effectively multiply the energy that an explosion generates. Essentially, the paper proposed that you could reduce the size of EPFCGs such that a powerful and effective EMP weapon could be body carryable.

No, this isn't a joke. Explosively Pumped Flux Compression Generators are a real thing. They use non-nuclear explosions to induce powerful electrical currents in a form of transformer that generates a metric whack ton sized electromagnetic pulse.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

26 minutes ago, bacithecat said:

Cool paper! I'm doing research at Cornell right now so this was cool to see!

Hey, that's amazing! Cornell has many amazing researchers and pups tons of papers at a really fast pace lol

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga