Are There anygood Mobile Games?

RussiansRule

So I'm tired of browsing Google play store and I came here for advice, hopefully there are some good Mobile games I don't know about.

15 minutes ago, G0dSpeed said:

If you want a good classic RPG with good humor (and controller support) there is The Bard's Tale.

k, thanks

3 hours ago, RussiansRule said:

So I'm tired of browsing Google play store and I came here for advice, hopefully there are some good Mobile I don't know about.

XCOM: Enemy Within

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Stardew Valley

Life is Strange (requires a good gpu)

Minecraft

If you’re willing to pay up, The World Ends With You is also quite fun. 

Since you’re on Android, take advantage of emulation. There are old RPGs that translate well to touchscreen controls. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Stardew Valley!

It's nice to have a mobile game that doesn't shove micro-transactions in your face every you time you blink. With Stardew Valley it's a one time purchase. No DLCs, no micro-transactions, no BS. That should be the norm, honestly. 

Anyways, it's a retro style farming game. I know it sounds lame. But there's lots to do other than farming. You can fish, explore caves for gems and minerals, get along with the local townsfolk (they will give you some surprisingly odd quests). And honestly, the farming aspect is pretty dope. You start with nothing, and then you end up with a fully automated farm with exotic animals and crops. 

On 4/17/2020 at 12:18 PM, kokakolia said:

Stardew Valley!

It's nice to have a mobile game that doesn't shove micro-transactions in your face every you time you blink. With Stardew Valley it's a one time purchase. No DLCs, no micro-transactions, no BS. That should be the norm, honestly. 

Anyways, it's a retro style farming game. I know it sounds lame. But there's lots to do other than farming. You can fish, explore caves for gems and minerals, get along with the local townsfolk (they will give you some surprisingly odd quests). And honestly, the farming aspect is pretty dope. You start with nothing, and then you end up with a fully automated farm with exotic animals and crops. 

To be honest It does sound a bit like Hayday, but I shouldn't be comparing those two games. It does sound pretty interesting

On 4/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Zodiark1593 said:

Life is Strange

I'm a huge fan of the game and I was ready to buy it again to play on mobile but that's definitely not for me. The graphics are downgraded but that's understandable. However the controls are just unbearable so maybe that's why we don't have that many "full" games on Android.

I would recommend the Rayman games. I also like the two Mario games. I'm currently playing to Bowling Crew, which is a kinda addictive online bowling game that I find quite under rated.

1 hour ago, IAmAndre said:

I'm a huge fan of the game and I was ready to buy it again to play on mobile but that's definitely not for me. The graphics are downgraded but that's understandable. However the controls are just unbearable so maybe that's why we don't have that many "full" games on Android.

Honestly, not the worst ever. GTA San Andreas, as fun a game as that is to have on handheld, works much worse in a mobile configuration. MGS3 on 3DS was a special kind of masochism too. I have only played Life Is Strange on mobile hardware though, so I’ve no idea how well the console/PC versions fare. 

You can actually modify the .INI files (in Life is Strange) to improve visuals, namely the addition of shadows, and higher resolutions. Real time shadows are a pretty heavy hit on most mobile hardware, so fair warning there. Probably memory bandwidth limitations. Can’t do much about the lousy textures though. Devs probably didn’t want the game taking too much storage. 

I don’t think this is available for Android, so I didn’t bring it up before, but Journey on iOS, I think, is a rare example of a console game that works very well on mobile. Given the simplicity of the game, mobile controls pose minimal hindrance. In some ways, the visuals and framerate are actually significantly better than the original PS3 version. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Honestly, not the worst ever. GTA San Andreas, as fun a game as that is to have on handheld, works much worse in a mobile configuration. MGS3 on 3DS was a special kind of masochism too. I have only played Life Is Strange on mobile hardware though, so I’ve no idea how well the console/PC versions fare. 

You can actually modify the .INI files (in Life is Strange) to improve visuals, namely the addition of shadows, and higher resolutions. Real time shadows are a pretty heavy hit on most mobile hardware, so fair warning there. Probably memory bandwidth limitations. Can’t do much about the lousy textures though. Devs probably didn’t want the game taking too much storage. 

I don’t think this is available for Android, so I didn’t bring it up before, but Journey on iOS, I think, is a rare example of a console game that works very well on mobile. Given the simplicity of the game, mobile controls pose minimal hindrance. In some ways, the visuals and framerate are actually significantly better than the original PS3 version. 

I don't know for sure but from what it looks like is a story based game (correct me if I'm wrong) and I'm not really into those games, but it never hurts to try so even if that bad it won't hurt anyone

I've had a lot of fun playing Call of Duty Mobile on Android. It's rife with micropayments and premium currency offers, but paying doesn't get you a distinct advantage over playing the game for free. There is a lot of customization available for altering controls and sensitivity. It even has options for different frame rates and options for low, medium, and high graphics of you want to optimize your phone's battery. 

13 hours ago, NotATriangle said:

I've had a lot of fun playing Call of Duty Mobile on Android. It's rife with micropayments and premium currency offers, but paying doesn't get you a distinct advantage over playing the game for free. There is a lot of customization available for altering controls and sensitivity. It even has options for different frame rates and options for low, medium, and high graphics of you want to optimize your phone's battery. 

I've played the game when it was first released I didn't like it much, I don't know how much it has changed since then so tell if there is anything cool that's going in right now

I don't think much has changed except for introducing new guns, abilities, and maps that have been added. Oh, they do now have a zombies mode. So that's in addition to the ranked and unranked matches and the battle royal mode. I find the gameplay loop pretty compelling. 

My current favorite is

Retro Bowl (iOS/Android) - It's a great, classic (think Tecmo Super Bowl from the NES/SNES days) take on American Football.

• 2 weeks later...

That depends on what game youre looking for. When looking for games its best to know the genre of the game and you can easily search for lists on google. 

On 5/15/2020 at 2:20 PM, dpowers20 said:

That depends on what game youre looking for. When looking for games its best to know the genre of the game and you can easily search for lists on google. 

Your correct, but I was wondering what other people are playing and see if I find it interesting while at the same time browsing google play store

On 5/18/2020 at 5:13 AM, RussiansRule said:

Your correct, but I was wondering what other people are playing and see if I find it interesting while at the same time browsing google play store

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Avicii - Gravity HD has been my go to game for a while.

@KayTees' Little Brother

My PC: Stepping Stones (2019)

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3

Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360 HD3

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4) Black DDR4-2133GHz

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB

Case: Thermaltake View 27
Storage: SanDisk 2.5" 128GB SSD | Western Digital 3.5" 1TB HDD

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550W

Displays: LG 27GL63TBenQ GW2270 21.5"

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ Cherry MX Red Switches & 2010 Razer Blackwidow w/ Cherry MX Blues Switches

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum

Headset: V-MODA Crossfade M-100

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 LTSC

Last updated: August 10, 2020 at 2:10 PM

Mobile Devices:

Spoiler

Phone: OnePlus 7 Pro Almond (OnePlus GM1917)

Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" (SM-T330NU)

Previous Phones: Apple iPhone 4, Apple iPhone 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910W8), OnePlus 5T (OnePlus A5010), OnePlus 6 (OnePlus A6003)

PCPartsPicker:

Spoiler

PCPartsPicker Link: http://tiny.cc/KenTees

Last updated: April 23, 2019 at 2:00 PM

• 4 weeks later...

The game i have spent the most time with the last 4-5 years is War Dragons. It's a team based game, where you basically breed dragons, train them, and then go out and destroy enemy bases. What makes this game especially good is the social bit though, since it by design triggers the team to cooperate and help each other. Almost every team becomes like a family, where you log in every day to talk to your friends and do some flying together. No, i'm not payed to try and recruit more players, i just love this game. 🙂

You can find me in OldCoreTeam.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:09 PM, G0dSpeed said:

If you want a good classic RPG with good humor (and controller support) there is The Bard's Tale.

It is good.  Not kidding about the bad humor.  Ren faire stuff a lot of it.  Dad joke level.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

A lot of classic adventure rpg stuff is available.  It’s not cheap.  It’s there though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

On 4/25/2020 at 3:11 AM, IAmAndre said:

There are different styles of the controls. I didn't like the controls at first either, but when I adjusted the settings to my liking. I've gotten quite used to it. 

On 4/17/2020 at 2:35 PM, RussiansRule said:

To be honest It does sound a bit like Hayday, but I shouldn't be comparing those two games. It does sound pretty interesting

Oh my sweet innocent child, you don't know what you're in for.
bu tin all seriousness, completely different games sharing only the theme. Play stardew vallew

Call of Duty Mobile is a great all round game