Are There anygood Mobile Games?

RussiansRule

A while ago I found this game called Grimvalor. I consider it to be a 2d Dark souls due to many of the DS aspects:

Your currency is also used to level up

Enemies respawn when using rest points

Special enemies spawn in periodically to attack you (dont know if there are any PvP attacks)

General dark atmosphere and decently challenging gameplay

Also, Grimvalor offers a surprising amount of its gameplay for free. It also has Controller support, however I found how they implemented menu control a little odd. Unlike snapping to each option like you would expect, you control a cursor using the right stick.

I'd also recommend the mobile ports of Final Fantasy games and Dragon Quest, however theyre a little pricey and I dont know if there's any network requirement. That's my main reason for not getting the SEGA Forever games. Just emulate those.

I'd also check out the developer pages of Kemco and Gameloft. Gameloft has produced multiple mobile games since before smartphones were a thing, including their offbrand Halo game: N.O.V.A. and the Asphalt series, however you'll find that they're recent games lean heavily into premium currencies and micro-dlc.

Kemco, on the other hand has a long repertoire of portable RPGs going all the way back to the Gameboy Color. Their page offers F2P and Premium versions of all their games, resulting in an expansive, albeit cluttered library.

• 2 months later...

Not really. Love Nikki Dress UP Queen is *very* good, that's about it though afaik.

Be prepared to spend several hours per day and have a fb account though... (Only reason to have one imo)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure which genre(s) you're into, but...there is a new game called Genshin Impact that just finally released here in the West.  It is also out for PC and PS4 but to me, the mobile version is the one to play.  It's like Breath of the Wild, with an anime-style bend to it.  I've played a lot of mobile games, especially RPGs, and have spent a lot of time in the Play store also.  This game just launched a few days ago and at the present is the best mobile experience I've ever had.  If you enjoy open-world exploration and interacting with the environment, I highly recommend it.

Can suggest ports like Planescape: Torment, and other games by Beamdog. Might not be comfy on the small screen though...

Dead Cells, Banner Saga, GTAs

Games I thought were good enough to buy for my phone:

-minecraft: apparently almost identical to pc

-stardew valley: apparently almost identical:

-bard’s tale: less ambitious than the other two. A made for phones game but well done.

-among us: designed as a phone game.  requires multiple live players.  A group can be randomly acquired from the internet but it tends to work poorly.  Best played with people you know.

-pivotal free casual block game. Tetris like

-wayward souls. Simplified phone only game. Kinda fun though. 
-plants vs zombies. A kinda weird take on tower defense.  Quite fun.  Same on pc and phone.  A game designed for phone that broke out into PC because it was so popular.

-fallout shelter. a free simplified city builder designed for phone.  Cool and perhaps a must play if you’re a fallout fan.  Not sure how interesting it would be if you weren’t though. 
-Gomoku. A Go board that will arrange play internationally.  Only interesting if you like to play GO.  Ancient board game a lot like chess along with an equally deep master and grandmaster class of players.  Asian.  Prepare to get absolutely creamed.  The best  US grandmasters regularly get waxed by Asian children.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 1 month later...

I've had a lot of fun with War Robots. There need to be some optimizations at times, but the game is fun (it can be pay to win at times, but you have to focus on the good parts). Speed some time on it. I've been playing it since 2015 as it came out in 2014. It's basically a live robot fighting game with good graphics, different guns, abilities like jumping, shields, healing. Most of the game are 6 vs. 6 and there are different game modes. They do have a time limit of 10 minutes for every battle.

I do wish they would update the Steam version to be like the mobile version and cross play. That'd be pretty neat, but I guess most over their players are on mobile platforms.

@RussiansRule

I hope you're having a great day, and are doing well!

Please tag me (@Happiness_is_Key ) or quote me in your post so I can see it.

F@H: Happy_Person62

On 4/12/2020 at 10:58 PM, RussiansRule said:

So I'm tired of browsing Google play store and I came here for advice, hopefully there are some good Mobile games I don't know about.

I mean roblox is a good mobile game you just have to find the right thing to play if you do a game i enjoy is arsenal