Is it a shame to own a low end PC?

VirusDumb
2 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

It's a dream to get 10mbps in India,(that's why stadia didn't get released in India)

man that sucks i get 10mbps average and im paying for gigabit speeds which im not getting

10 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

I was referring to an employee that *resigned* today...

Employment is a blyated issue in India @Donut Dan told me to I can get a job as a assistant in a computer shop, but the thing is O am from India and the society is judgemental.

Here people on the basis of income are divided into four group high class, upper middle class,lower middle class, low class. If a kid(in his school years) from lower class works in a shop or so, nobody will judge, but if if u are from a middle class and work in ur school years the society will judge and discriminate, and even laugh at you

You could call the PC in my sig low end compared to some but it’s the most powerful I have ever owned and plays all my games, even the modded ones at more than satisfactory visual fidelity.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

Don’t ever feel bad for the computer you run. It’s paid for, and it’s yours. Yes you can get newer, much stronger setups, but yours was that setup at one time. I would love to have a new computer, but mine still works, and it’s pretty quick to me. I have upgraded components over the years, but before I built these rigs, I was buying something new as they came out. Old powerhouse rigs are a testament to their time. You can even give new rigs a run for their money in a few benchmarks. Don’t get too crazy though because they are new and you will get destroyed in other benchmarks 😄

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

judging by the specs of your pc, i would say that you're doing better than me, i have an intel core duo, same ram as you, a very old LG monitor, the case, the mouse and the keyboard are from a company i never heard off and most def they don't exist anymore.

no need to concern your self if you belong to this PCMR crap, enjoy yourself cause thats what matter most, not what others think of your pc.

6 minutes ago, zakarioss said:

no need to concern your self if you belong to this PCMR crap, enjoy yourself cause thats what matter most, not what others think of your pc.

Yeah but the only issue is that I can't play the games I want

14 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Yeah but the only issue is that I can't play the games I want

you're not alone buddy, i too wish to play many games that have been available for years now but my financial status is the holding me back and 100% sure thats the same story with millions.

Feeling either same or pride for things you own will always be stupid. You can only take credit or criticism for what you do.

Would you be proud of owning a Ferrari? You had no part on how good or bad it is, just the money to buy it. You may be proud (or ashamed) of what you did (if anything) to earn that money, but being proud what you spent it on?

I used to think so, but now,  after a building multiple PC's i don't at all. You build to your personal needs, and the hardware you already have. If you monitor is 1080p 60hz then you only need a gpu and cpu capable of hitting 60 fps with High settings. Now a days i rarely play a game that even requires half of my gaming horsepower to run. Most high end PC's honestly end up being unnecessary overhead. Seriously. I bought into the 1440p 144 hz monitor craze, and i can barely tell a difference from my old IPS 1080p 60 hz monitor. lol. It's definitely not a $1000 difference (IMO) There is absolutely no shame in spending smart. 

On 3/26/2020 at 3:18 AM, scuff gang said:

*Laughs in phenom ii x4 9850*

Fr tho I still have a phenom ii system, in use with, get this *MOTHERBOARD INTEGRATED GRAPHICS*  (a gt650?) I'll have to look at the manual

The motherboard graphics shit the bed tho, so now I have an ultra speedy GT 710 just so I can load up windows.

For what it’s worth, the Phenom probably had better single-core performance.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Of course not, only an idiot judges people based on what they can afford.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

giphy.gif

On a serious note, for years I owned shitty computers, so shitty that gaming was not even an option, it didn't run even browser games. If someone makes fun of you for owning low spec pc it's their problem, not yours. Learn to not give a fuck.Save up, I saved money for 5 years for my first decent pc. Takes patience, but it's worth it, you will value it much more.

On 3/25/2020 at 10:35 AM, Tristerin said:

I am also 35, and have been doing this a lot longer than you.  Those are accumulated systems.  Keep it up and you two can own middle of the road equipment one day! :)

I LoLed at that one! Jeez.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16                     

Even if I had an i3 system with 8GB. I don't care. I can still play my PSX games just fine, watch youtube, netflix and more. 

Computers have their purpose. If someone has a shoebox with a processor in it and that does their job, then it is what works. Not everyone needs a ferrari and honestly, most people are perfectly okay with a toyota corola. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

I think the only requirement for the PCMR initiation is just to have a computer and game off of it. Not everyone can get the best hardware, but using what you have and extending its life will always be respectable. 

I'm not a gamer so there may be things I don't get. 

Is it so important to play the latest games? 

Things are going to be difficult for a while. Tuff titty if you can't upgrade right now. These things are not important. Revisit some old games. Get a dos box running and have a laugh at some early pc stuff. Or even better run a zx spectrum emulator and see what I had to suffer in the early 80's

I don‘t think so... I have a PC which has poor performance just like ResPi,it has Celeron J1900@1.99GHz CPU and Only 4 Gigabytes of RAM...WITH NO GPU!!!(or Intel core graphics is kind of?)

but I Could run Minecraft with ≈40fps (ps:which is really low but for me is very pretty) Through my efforts...

I didn't feel shame at all!

Actually,I feel proud of my self beacause I made this stuff "playable" (ps:kind of?)This PC costs my grandpa only 400¥(little lower than 60 USD).

Oh,it can even run Visual Studio Community 2019 and Complie simple C++ and C# code!

On 3/25/2020 at 4:21 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

Okay *deep breaths(am I even supposed to type dat🤔)* . I am a teenage boy (from India) who did whatever he could to get into gaming (I mean high end PC gaming not playing GTA San Andreas in my current PC*which is the only gaming I do*). I did a lot of stuff , figuring out the cheapest build,posted a topic here about persuading my parents, etc. 

And you know what none of the way of persuading my parents worked .... Until I used my own (which is scoring good grades *imma genius lol*) and the Corona virus f@©k€∆ everything up......

AliExpress shipping were stopped, prices of PC parts on online stores keep increasing every 24 hour, and the PC store near my house has a few APUs and some a320 mobos and the sad thing is I can't even go there cuz their is a lockdown in the city (country actually) cuz of Covid 19,

SoOoOo(if u have read till here full then thnx but u didn't need to,u just now know about my sed lyf and why Covid 19 is a problem for gamers). As Linus once said

Is using this PC setup for gaming a shame? (or am I a member of PCMR?)

• CPU: core i3 3210 3.2 GHz
  • GPU: Intel hd 2500
  • RAM: 4gbx1 1333mhz
  • Mobo: some random h61 Mobo by a brand called Mercury
  • Storage-120 gb ssd and a 500gb hdd
  • PSU: some random non certified 250 watt smps by iball
  • Case: a $10 case from a brand called zebion
  • A cheap Logitech keyboard
  • A cheap mouse from a brand named lapcare
  • A 1333x768 monitor from AOC

I have much respect for it, and I played some games like

• NFS most wanted (2005)-the first game I played on it.
  • GTA 3,Vice City,San Andreas.
  • Burnout Paradise (2008)
  • NFS hot pursuit(2010),most wanted(2012)- even tho some guys here told me it won't run but they ran at the lowest resolution and at playable fps
  • Untitled goose game
  • PUBG and COD mobile(using tencent gaming buddy)
  • Meteorite 60 seconds.
  • Etc

NO IT'S NOT, i have used for a long time an intel nuc, with a celeron N3050, that's comparable to a pentium 4!

Be happy with what you have, having a desktop is great, you will be able to upgrade to a 3770 for around 60$ in the future, the thing i'd suddest is upgrade your graphics card, you can buy a used gpu for pretty cheap. fun fact before my 1660 i had paired with my 8600k a GT 710 and then an HD 5870...

Main PC [The Rig of Theseus]:

CPU: i5-8600K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: GTX 1660 | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic | PSU: Corsair RM 650i | SSD: Corsair MP510 480 GB |  HDD: 2x 6 TB WD Red| Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Secondary PC [Why did I bother]:

CPU: AMD Athlon 3000G | GPU: Vega 3 iGPU | RAM: 8 GB DDR4 3000 MHz | Case: Corsair 88R | PSU: Corsair VS 650 | SSD: WD Green M.2 SATA 120 GB | Motherboard: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX | OS: Windows 11 Pro for Workstations

Server [Solution in search of a problem]:

Model: HP DL360e Gen8 | CPU: 1x Xeon E5-2430L v1 | RAM: 12 GB DDR3 1066 MHz | SSD: Kingston A400 120 GB | OS: VMware ESXi 7

Server 2 electric boogaloo [A waste of electricity]:

Model: intel NUC NUC5CPYH | CPU: Celeron N3050 | RAM: 2GB DDR3L 1600 MHz | SSD: Kingston UV400 120 GB | OS: Debian Bullseye

Laptop:

Model: ThinkBook 14 Gen 2 AMD | CPU: Ryzen 7 4700U | RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz | OS: Windows 11 Pro

Photography:

Cameras:

Full Frame digital: Sony α7

APS-C digital: Sony α100

Medium Format Film: Kodak Junior SIX-20

35mm Film:

Lenses:

Sony SAL-1870 18-70mm ƒ/3.5-5.6 

Sony SAL-75300 75-300mm ƒ/4.5-5.6

Meike MK-50mm ƒ/1.7

PSA: No, I didn't waste all that money on computers, (except the main one) my server cost $40, the intel NUC was my old PC (although then it had 8GB of ram, I gave the bigger stick of ram to a person who really needed it), my laptop is used and the second PC is really cheap.

I like tinkering with computers and have a personal hatred towards phones and everything they represent (I daily drive an iPhone 7, or a 6, depends on which one works that day)

*looking at my current newly build PC*

Nah, your PC is good enough. 👍

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

I think now is the time for retro gaming to shine. There's tons and tons of classic games that never stopped being good and play well on old systems/low spec systems like yours.

I was planning on building a new computer this year myself, but with the COVID-19 stuff going on and the prices getting jacked up I've decided to built a "retro" PC instead based on hardware and clones of hardware from the 1990s to play games like Half-Life, Quake, Monkey Island, Descent, Warcraft and a ton of other older games with as little DOS emulation as possible.

18 hours ago, Morpho_99 said:

I think now is the time for retro gaming to shine. There's tons and tons of classic games that never stopped being good and play well on old systems/low spec systems like yours.

I was planning on building a new computer this year myself, but with the COVID-19 stuff going on and the prices getting jacked up I've decided to built a "retro" PC instead based on hardware and clones of hardware from the 1990s to play games like Half-Life, Quake, Monkey Island, Descent, Warcraft and a ton of other older games with as little DOS emulation as possible.

That sounds like a fun project! Could be hard sourcing all the hardware from so far back though? Anyways, good luck! And to the OP, hope you get a nice system soon! :)