amazon 1 month shipping?

Dylan lol

Just ordered a case, cpu and mobo and its a 1 month delivery time even though I have prime. Is this normal right now? If i changed my order to newegg would I get it faster?

it's perfectly normal, Amazon is focusing on delivering essential products first, anything else is put aside for at least 1 month ;

https://www.pcworld.com/article/3533341/amazon-is-delaying-most-tech-shipments-by-about-a-month-even-with-amazon-prime.html

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

3 minutes ago, Aimi said:

You don't seem to understand
EVERY online retailer is going to be slowed down right now, no matter what you're buying

i ordered ram from newegg at the same time, like 10-20 min ago and the ram is already "packaging" while amazon is not yet shipped. do you think this means ill be getting the ram in a normal time, and should just cancel on amazon and order everything on newegg?

1 minute ago, Dylan lol said:

i ordered ram from newegg at the same time, like 10-20 min ago and the ram is already "packaging" while amazon is not yet shipped. do you think this means ill be getting the ram in a normal time, and should just cancel on amazon and order everything on newegg?

If it's packaging, that means they still need to get it in a box. That doesn't mean it'll arrive any faster.

A girl who loves to love.

5 minutes ago, Dylan lol said:

Amazon is a general marketplace, Newegg is mostly just tech, if you're interested in getting it faster, there are chances things could arrive faster through NewEgg, that is, if the companies doing deliveries aren't applying a similar policy as Amazon (focusing on delivering stuff from companies selling essentials).

7 minutes ago, Aimi said:

If it's packaging, that means they still need to get it in a box. That doesn't mean it'll arrive any faster.

it says expected to ship on march 24th, what do you think?

5 minutes ago, Dylan lol said:

I would say wait for the NewEgg order to get shipped, if it's done at a normal speed for the current condition, I'm guessing it should ship by the end of the week or early next week, if that's the case, you can cancel your Amazon order and purchase with NewEgg.

That's what I would do.

Edited by wkdpaul

1 minute ago, Dylan lol said:

Shipping as a whole is really slow due to the sheer volume of orders that companies have to deal with, so you'll likely end up waiting for longer than what newegg expects

A girl who loves to love.

Everything related to shipping is saturated, but obviously you'll have better chances ordering from someone who doesn't actively decrease priority on the stuff you want.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I believe Newegg's shipments are moving normally -- I received one of my orders on-time yesterday, and the other one is in-transit close to my area, expected to arrive tomorrow. My Amazon order hasn't shipped yet, but I'm not surprised or in a rush to get it. (All three orders were placed last week, two-three days from each other, and I didn't use Prime 'cause I don't have it. 🤷‍♂️)

Mm, I'd suggest exercising some patience. 😉

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

Welcome to covid-19.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | GPU: GTX 1070 FE | RAM: TridentZ 16GB 3200MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M | PSU: EVGA 650 B3 | STORAGE: Boot drive: Crucial MX500 1TB, Secondary drive: WD Blue 1TB hdd | CASE: Phanteks P350x | OS: Windows 10 | Monitor: Main: ASUS VP249QGR 144Hz, Secondary: Dell E2014h 1600x900

44 minutes ago, Dylan lol said:

Just ordered a case, cpu and mobo and its a 1 month delivery time even though I have prime. Is this normal right now? If i changed my order to newegg would I get it faster?

The bottleneck is shipping, not retailing. You may still get lucky with a particular order if it gets shipped quickly, and it happens to fit nicely in the shipping company's schedule, but you may still get a very different experience buying two different things from the same seller with the same delivery option.

Even Amazon orders may arrive before one month, it's just that they are no longer in a position to promise any faster delivery than that.

Not a prime member but I got my deliveries as usual

edit: I am not from the US

40 minutes ago, Dylan lol said:

I think you are getting anxious over it. For no reason. Don't worry. Do the best with what you have, and be happy when it all arrives. If there is a hiccup, remember, Linus gets 90% of the errors and problems in most his videos... and look how cool his kit/house/studio is! :D

1 hour ago, Dylan lol said:

This is normal unfortunately. I ordered exactly two items and the estimate was the end of April.

This just goes to show you why monopolies are a bad thing. Competition is good because without it, you get this situation where too many people rely on one source, and it causes a domino effect all down the logistics supply chain.

In the US, people who have scheduled food deliveries via other services have also seen their orders canceled outright. 

My personal opinion, you probably shouldn't be doing a new build right now, as the Chinese factories have to ramp back up.

Bruh, just be patient like I get it you want your stuff soon HOWEVER we have a pandemic that the whole world is currently battling and we need not get upset with Amazon for trying to prioritize the stuff that people need to survive. 

figures

@Dylan lol Is the item out of stock or back ordered? Is it from a third party seller or directly through amazon? Not all items have prime shipping and the ones that do that can take upwards of a month, are out of stock it will still say it's a prime item as it will ship in the regular prime time frame once it is back in stock. Most Ryzen processors and some other PC components are essentially sold out at the moment on Amazon. I would double check and make sure you didn't accidentally back order the parts. Most of my amazon deliveries have only been slightly affected by a couple extra days. You can't really expect that much right now with how things are, just be patient and keep calm. It makes a whole lot of sense in them prioritizing essentials over non-essentials. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

1 minute ago, Dr Snazz said:

Bruh, just be patient like I get it you want your stuff soon HOWEVER we have a pandemic that the whole world is currently battling and we need not get upset with Amazon for trying to prioritize the stuff that people need to survive. 

I agree this is a good point, I'd be glad to get a package at all during this pandemic, warehouse workers are putting themselves at more risk to get people items if they can't get out to the store.

Just wanted to say that I just experienced the same thing, Newegg said expected arrival date was 5-7 business days, while amazon said April 21. I ordered some stuff on Newegg yesterday and I got an email today that the shipping label was created, but not yet shipped. Interesting part is the shipping label says estimated arrival date is tomorrow, so not sure how accurate that is since I chose free shipping and I don't think Newegg has 2 day shipping.

Amazon is currently only shipping what they deem essential. Last I checked for my area, non essential items will start shipping out the 20th with earliest delivery on the 21st , but that date could be moved. If you want anything deemed non essential and don't want to wait, you will have to look somewhere else. So yes, ordering from newegg would be quicker at this time.

1 hour ago, James Evens said:

With the slight caviar that amazon is even under normal conditions extremely slow unless you pay for prime. Anywhere else I get the order 1-2 days but amazon takes 1 week+.

MMMM...caviar 😉

16 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I agree this is a good point, I'd be glad to get a package at all during this pandemic, warehouse workers are putting themselves at more risk to get people items if they can't get out to the store.

Not necessarily. If the warehouse is closed to the public, and all of the workers are cleared of Covid while practicing safety and self isolation once off work, I don't see a massive risk. 

To OP, I would avoid Amazon right now except for necessities. It's extra slow. 

Oneplus 6 | Sony 55" X900F . Lenovo Y540 17" 144Hz RTX 2060 . i7 9750h. 

Audio-GD DAC-19MK3 > Schiit Lyr 2 + > FOSTEX TH900 . Sony XBA-Z5