What do you find the hardest when building a PC?

What do you find the hardest when building a PC or the thing you are most cautious about when building a PC?

Thanks,

Blueprint

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

Troubleshooting.

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.1 GHz and 1.120 V | Stock Cooler <--- This will change soon. | Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 | EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB ACX Superclocked | Crucial M4 128 GB Solid State Drive | Western Digital WD Blue 500 GB Hard Disk Drive | Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid Tower Case | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard | Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze Power Supply | HP 24x DVD Burner | LG 24x DVD Burner | Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | 

Logitech Wireless Illuminated Keyboard | Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse | Rocketfish Gaming Mousepad | Samsung SyncMaster S27B350 27" Monitor | Bose Companion 3 2.1 Speaker System | Turtle Beach PX21 Headset | 

screwing stuff is annoying

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

cable management for me

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Motherboard installation and CPU cooler installation.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

CPU cooler.. I'm always afraid to aply thermal paste! I've never screwed up but still.

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Honestly, picking out appropriate parts. It's a part of the building process, and it's always the hardest for me - just because my customers want the cheapest PC that will easily complete the tasks they throw at it.

Otherwise, nothing is hard - it's always enjoyable once the parts are in!

Pew Pew Helicopters

For me it is

Cable management, Non modular PSU and a not a lot of room = a right mess, but managed to hide all unused cables in a hdd bay.

Putting a new heat sink on, "Gelid Solutions Black Edition CPU Cooler" is massive and a bitch to install with small screwdrivers, both screws are under the centre fan.

Looking forward to my next build which will have a custom water loop in a custom case.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Software. I can build you a costum watercooled pc in a few hours but when i comes to software i'm clueless. 

Forgetting a cable somewhere or needing to get somewhere really tight on space, and having big hands and a small case to work with...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

if everything works I don't think anything is hard. At best maybe cable management is redundant if you have built a handful of pc's but nothing is hard. If shit hits the fan and something doesn't work well that's another story. Diagnosis can be a pain. 

Seating the heat sync. Ordinarily a simple job, but I make it as perfect as possible for the best contact. I always want the best contact between the CPU and the heat sync, and I take the time to do it, which becomes annoying.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would say cable management, but I have been troubleshooting my system for 4 months now, its finally stable as of 2 weeks ago, so I will say troubleshooting.

Build: Sister's new build |CPU i5 2500k|MOBO MSI h61m-p23 b3|PSU Rosewill 850w  |RAM 4GB 1333|GPU Radeon HD 6950 2GB OCedition|HDD 500GB 7200|HDD 500GB 7200|CASE Rosewill R5|Status online

Build: Digital Vengeance|CPU i7 4790k 4.8GHz 1.33V|MOBO MSI z97-Gaming 7|PSU Seasonic Xseries 850w|RAM 16GB G.skill sniper 2133|GPU Dual R9 290s|SSD 256GB Neutron|SSD 240GB|HDD 2TB 7200|CASE Fractal Design Define R5|Status online

I would have to say cable management, but Ive been doing builds for 14 years now and can do it in my sleep with ease. I think once you have done so many build you can envision the way things are going to be built before you even touch the build you are working on.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Cabel managment or watercooling, depending on what sort of build it is.

Seating the heat sync. Ordinarily a simple job, but I make it as perfect as possible for the best contact. I always want the best contact between the CPU and the heat sync, and I take the time to do it, which becomes annoying.

my god yes

I had to call a friend over to help me install the Phanteks one because I literally could not do it by myself. Water cooling AND cable management was easier to install than this thing

Error: 410

Putting RAM into the RAM slots

Maybe seating a large air cooler is the most annoying if you really want to get it perfect, but otherwise I didn't think there was anything really difficult when I built my rig.

i7 not perfectly stable at 4.4.. #firstworldproblems

Some bios set ups as it never gets it right on auto, and with some boards not having all settings your used to or naming thinks different. Or settings are wrong way around got to be the most annoying thing when doing lots of builds

Plugging the 8 pin mobo power, absolute pain in the ass.

(I should start plugging it in before dropping the mobo in there...)

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

i had troubles putting in my cpu and closing the thingy :( it was stiff and i thought it would break if i pushed it down hard