Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti Windforce

LinusTech

Lol I half expected a video. :(. Nevermind. Didn't see the link. Which is broken :P

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I bought the reference 780 ti, I had a shrouded blower gtx 680 card and I did not mind the noise. I still don't find the noise that bad with the 780 ti. I also don't overclock so there wasn't a need for more cooling power anyway. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

lolwut? duds are duds. Are you saying nvidia cards dont OC? Gotta love fanboys.

He is referring to the 106% power limit nvidia imposes on us.Keep in mind I personally prefer nvidia cards but they are voltage limited which limits overclocking.

He is referring to the 106% power limit nvidia imposes on us.Keep in mind I personally prefer nvidia cards but they are voltage limited which limits overclocking.

Ah that makes more sense, but I thought greenlight was purely enforced on the manufacturer? I thought WE could push them pas 106%. Am I mistaken?

Ah that makes more sense, but I thought greenlight was purely enforced on the manufacturer? I thought WE could oc them. Am I mistaken?

You are mistaken. The cards are locked to a max of 106% voltage. So we can only go as far as that chip lets us on that limited voltage increase. 

*edit* I should mention that with custom software and a modded bios you can bypass that limit and push it further. If you put it under water or ln2 you can get great oc's with the hacks I mentioned earlier. 

You are mistaken. The cards are locked to a max of 106% voltage. So we can only go as far as that chip lets us on that limited voltage increase. 

Ah fair enough, I generally dont push mine past 103% so I wasnt aware. That is kind of garbage. I see why though. They are trying to minimize the cards that die and have to be returned. Doesnt mean I like it.

Ah fair enough, that is kind of garbage. I see why though. They are trying to minimize the cards that die and have to be returned. Doesnt mean I like it.

That is what they are trying to do. I don't like it either but amd cards run hotter and louder. Look at my previous post for an edit I added that can let you oc more. I have a link to a way to do this if it helps. http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/111374-evga-gtx-780-ti-classified-kngpn-edition/

lolwut? Are you saying nvidia cards dont OC? duds are duds. They happen on both sides. Gotta love fanboys.

Actually no Im saying that every AMD card ive seen has OCed in an actual meaningful way Ive owned two AMD cards a 6000 series and now a R9 270 and both OCed to a good degree. My 270 is overclocked past all stock 270X cards, its actually maxed out I cant even push it further software wont let me so keep your ego in check fanboy

Icing on the cake? The 6000 seires was a fanless 6450.

Actually no Im saying that every AMD card ive seen has OCed in an actual meaningful way Ive owned two AMD cards a 6000 series and now a R9 270 and both OCed to a good degree. My 270 is overclocked past all stock 270X cards, its actually maxed out I cant even push it further software wont let me so keep your ego in check fanboy

Icing on the cake? The 6000 seires was a fanless 6450.

Yeah... I'm... Not a fanboy. I already understood what you meant thanks to @Flyguygamer 

When I initially read it, it just looked like you were hating, since your comment has zero reasoning behind it. Now I get it, my mistake. Sorry.

Yeah... I'm... Not a fanboy. I already understood what you meant thanks to @Flyguygamer 

When I initially read it, it just looked like you were hating, since your comment has zero reasoning behind it. Now I get it, my mistake. Sorry.

Glad I was able to help someone. 

not a fan of that cooler at all, I think there are way nicer ones out there.  Yeah, it may keep it cool, but come on, at least make it look a bit nice

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Np man just when people attack me using the fanboy thing it's basically saying that I have no reasoning and decredits anything I could say so it kinda gets me a bit pissed.

I only said it because I've always seen AMD shine through with OCing.

you should try and replace the stock cooler with the windforce one on your beast 780ti reference

Linus,

I have very good reason to believe that this card is either a totally different model or really messed up. Heres why,

I had just brought a 780 ti just like that. EXACT SAME MODEL AND EVERYTHING but yet i have two 8 pin connectors on the card not a 6 pin and a 8 pin. This youtuber has two 8 pins on his like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qbNZSCcAFlg#t=247

but actually now im not sure as it seems tech of tommorow's review shows a 6 and 8 pin connector. So my question now is, why?

Anyways heres a pic of my card

2v3fqlz.jpg

Just to show you its a 780 ti oc

i3aut2.jpg

Anyways, think about it.

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

@JoeyDM @Flyguygamer It's actually quite easy to flash them to different bios, took me about an hour or so to flash both my 780's to hydrocopper bios, with 1.3v and 130% tdp slider.   But unless you're prepared to sit there and read every step I wouldn't do it, it'd be quite easy to mis-type one thing or miss one step and brick your nice toy.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Hmm. Grateful that my 290X goes to 1281MHz. :)

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

...and I am happy that my 780 Ti does 1300+

Silicon lottery guys. Brand has little to do with it.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

slick/luke spoke about the noise of the cards/coolers now im wondering wich 780TI is the most silenced one? or are the AMD 290x better? hmmm im wondering now..

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

When will the prices of these high end video cards drop significantly? I have been wanting to upgrade my GTX 460 for some time now. However, I simply cannot justify spending $500+, let alone the $700+ this is retailing for. It's ridiculous.

When I saw this videos thumbnail, that this card is bad, I got worried, because I fell in love with this card, since it looks gorgeous, and wery quiet. And as I was watching the video, I was like: I dont give a *** about those 5fps, If it stays incredibly cool AND being quiet in the same time.