NVIDIA unveils a 360Hz refresh rate ASUS ROG Swift Monitor w/ G-Sync

3 minutes ago, That Franc said:

My hardware struggles to run games at 60 FPS so I'm probably not a part of their target audience.

Me too.  For me the hardware that fails is eyes and fingers. It doesn’t even get as far as the computer.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Impressive, but nothing I'd ever think about purchasing.

Same as it's not 1440p/2160p nor IPS.

I am fully interested in running Unreal Tournament 2004 & Splinter Cell 1.

There i would get all i could from this monitor! So bomb! i can play pre-2007 games at sick FPS.

Ryzen 3600 4.33ghz . CM Hyper 212 Turbo. MSI X470 Gaming Plus Max. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 @ 3200 CL 15 (OC). Powercolor RX 5700XT Red Dragon. FD Meshify S2. Crucial P1 M.2 1TB. Corsair Vengeance 650W 80+ Silver.

Core 2 Duo 3.4ghz . WenjuFeng cooler . ASUS P5G41C-M LX . Crucial 1066mhz 3GB DDR2 . Gainward Golden Sample HD 4850 . Coolermaster Elite 430 . Seagate 160GB IDE 7200RPM . BeQuiet System Power 9 400w 80+ Bronze

9 hours ago, huilun02 said:

But the human eye can only see 30fps

lol are you dumb? We can only see 24FPS, only fukn gods and demigods can see a whopping 30.

Yes I am joking, just need to clarify that for the special peeps out there.

But does it have 10 bit panel with accurate colors and good blacks? i dont think so, i had 200hz monitor and it was shitty.

9 minutes ago, TehStranger said:

lol are you dumb? We can only see 24FPS, only fukn gods and demigods can see a whopping 30.

Yes I am joking, just need to clarify that for the special peeps out there.

It’s like these constant statements I keep seeing about humans being able to fly.  I stood outside and flapped my arms but all I got was stares from the neighbors.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It’s like these constant statements I keep seeing about humans being able to fly.  I stood outside and flapped my arms but all I got was stares from the neighbors.

git gud u scrub

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

EXTREME!

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

TN is for gamers the better type of panel mostly ... as the reaction speed and vertical refresh rate combined are better than most other.

If one wants to have a decent image quality from angles, obviously they are not the target audience.

I don't prefer TN, but I understand why people do.

I edit my posts more often than not

Great for those who can notice the difference, but I'd really like to see a gaming monitor that you could also use for browsing and watching video on without it looking terrible. I'd rather have a 10 bit IPS panel with accurate color at 144Hz.

3 hours ago, kingmustard said:

Same as it's not 1440p/2160p nor IPS.

Or, most importantly....ultra wide.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

I’m curious to see the guy with long straight dark hair do it too.  He was apparently good with predicting movement on low refresh rates but higher fps which is sort of the opposite of what is happening.

Honestly I had the same issue when switching from 60hz to 240hz. I was so used to overcompensating with prediction on the lower refreshrate that I would miss a ton when I switched. After awhile I got use to more or less point and clicking without much prediction of where they were going to be and increased my rank in overwatch from gold to masters within a couple of months. 

2 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

Great for those who can notice the difference, but I'd really like to see a gaming monitor that you could also use for browsing and watching video on without it looking terrible. I'd rather have a 10 bit IPS panel with accurate color at 144Hz.

Doesn't gigabyte have a 1440p 144hz monitor with that?

does anyone have an estimate of price?

3 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

https://www.newegg.com/black-gigabyte-aorus-fi27q-p-27/p/N82E16824012011?Item=N82E16824012011&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-PCPartPicker&AFFID=2558510&AFFNAME=PCPartPicker&ACRID=1&ASID=https%3a%2f%2fpcpartpicker.com%2fproduct%2fMqdrxr%2fgigabyte-aorus-fi27q-p-270-2560x1440-165-hz-monitor-aorus-fi27q-p&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2558510&ranSiteID=8BacdVP0GFs-Ifar34.irFkiYprH8QIqBQ yeah I was remembering correctly it's this monitor that has 10 bit color and 144hz at 1440p. 

On 1/7/2020 at 12:04 AM, Bombastinator said:

Wait, are you saying you can't fly? omg ahaha what a total noob

8 minutes ago, TehStranger said:

Wait, are you saying you can't fly? omg ahaha what a total noob

It’s true.  People talk about these flying machine contraptions but it’s just not the same.

There was a huge difference from 60 to 144, but I didn't notice nearly as much of a difference from 144 to 240. I can't fathom there will be a big one at 360 Hz, but the only game I can think of that my computer can play at that FPS is CS: Go and that might be the only game that does benefit from that many FPS

On 1/8/2020 at 3:51 PM, Eaglerino said:

There was a huge difference from 60 to 144, but I didn't notice nearly as much of a difference from 144 to 240. I can't fathom there will be a big one at 360 Hz, but the only game I can think of that my computer can play at that FPS is CS: Go and that might be the only game that does benefit from that many FPS

We're definitely approaching/pat the point of diminishing returns. The benefit to me, though is that if we get 360 or 480hz as the absolute top of the line "gamer" monitors, then hopefully it'll force basically all decent monitors to get dragged up to 120+ by default. While they are getting super common, it's still rare for an image quality focused monitor to have anything above 75-90 without paying $1000+.

If everyone starts making the insanely high refresh panels and internal hardware, hopefully that'll drive prices down and make it just another bullet point that every monitor is expected to have, even ones that aren't explicitly "gaming" focused. 

36 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

probs lotta ghosting, how will they make the pixels switch every 2.8~ ms...

1ms panels already exist...

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

7 minutes ago, Arika S said:

1ms panels already exist...

pixel response times, and the best i've was was the gigabyte kd25f with almost sub frame time responses

7 minutes ago, redbread123 said:

pixel response times, and the best i've was was the gigabyte kd25f with almost sub frame time responses

that's a (advertised) 0.5ms response time panel..you kind of disproved your own point. long response times are the cause of ghosting.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒