cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

41 minutes ago, CPotter said:

the next scrapyard wars should be vr oriented and have a extra points section where you plot 2 people against each other in pavlov / beatsaber. just a segestion

I think the RTS games were missing here....
Should have added Anno, Star craft, or red alert or something along those lines, it is after all a very large section of the gaming market.

Though, I myself mostly play Skyrim, and only RTS game I play would be city building ones, so not really "competitive" to be fair.....

Okay, I actually really liked the format of this year's Scrapyard Wars, but the second half of this video was really weird.

Why show the entire team under the video footage? Why not the individual? Why was the continuity so off? What was with the audio? So weird. 

Overall, I loved the series, but that ending was just off for me. 

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

Good job on this one !
Pro tips
#1 Always keep track of Your ca$h :D
#2 Better monitor does not make your skills in game better.

Next wars idea :
Since it's "trendy" to play old games maxed out, try to do this...

Two teams build a Windows XP PCs (you can go x64, but if a test game won't work on it - your team loses that game by default).
Plot twist : Higher graphics quality settings are more important than FPS itself (so if one PC uses higher MSAA it wins or get's bonus points).

SSAA vs. Resolution/Downsampling ?

You can substitute higher resolutution or Downsampling level with SSAA.
If both systems use the same settings, higher FPS wins.

Benchmarks : 3DMark 01SE (for Lol's :D), 3DMark 03, 3DMark 05/06, Heaven Benchmark, PCMark 05.
Games : Metro Last Light (NOT Redux), Crysis 1 or Crysis 2, Skyrim, F.E.A.R, GTA IV, Arma 2.
^Listed more than needed just in case.

I hope someone from LTT team will find this idea interesting.
Have fun and again - great work.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

42 minutes ago, Skipple said:

Why was the continuity so off? What was with the audio? So weird. 

as for continuity was off because the video was rushed and hence the audio was rushed as well.

Potential future Scrapyard Wars idea: dump two people into the middle of rural Quebec or some other place where the competitors don't speak the language and see what they can cobble together.

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

23 minutes ago, YellowJersey said:

Potential future Scrapyard Wars idea: dump two people into the middle of rural Quebec or some other place where the competitors don't speak the language and see what they can cobble together.

why not Africa, because there is a very huge discarded electronics slums all over the place over there, including India and Pakistan, heck even China. Linus could literally pull a 2for when he goes over for expos and whatever. Make a few scrapyard wars and bank them until further in the year.

Seriously scrapyard wars needs to have scrapping. Sure use gaming as a metric but you should not be allowed to play until game day. No playing whatsoever. And you need to get each part from a different supplier. To be honest most of the time this competition is about who is better at cheating. If you get each part from a different person it would also make it impossible to use Linus to influence the purchase results. Or maybe you guys should get the contestants for this show from the community.

3 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

Ok who flipped the image at 20 minutes in...

image.png.b06b88495853bfc7fc8b8bfa8b6bcd3e.png

Last time I checked it was Ford not Drof

And steering on the right side.

2 minutes ago, Hellimod said:

And steering on the right side.

While that car is fairly new it's not impossible to get a righter in Canada. Most importers are based in BC so picking one up over there is rather easy and fairly cheap.

For me seeing the wheel on the right side is nothing special, the logo gave it away however.

33 minutes ago, Egg-Roll said:

While that car is fairly new it's not impossible to get a righter in Canada. Most importers are based in BC so picking one up over there is rather easy and fairly cheap.

For me seeing the wheel on the right side is nothing special, the logo gave it away however.

You don't say.

Nice one. Next time maybe more genres for more tension in the tourney? RTS instead of 2 shooters maybe?

Sadly overall I didn't enjoy SW3. I'm sure it was a good idea at the time and there's something to be developed on. But it seemed overall it was just team work and skills rather than degree of hardware which came into play. 

I did enjoy Colton, he was much funnier and fun to watch in the last part, plus sourcing stuff is always great to watch with the ups and downs. 

Did not enjoy this season of SYW at all. No drama, no sense of urgency... everyone just bought pre-builts and didnt really have to hustle like in previous years. Not sure if it was just not edited right to introduce the drama or there was seriously little to none.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

I don't understand all the hate about this series. I really enjoyed it. It was scrapyard wars home turf edition. It was fun and I liked seeing the boys battle each other. I think there should be two editions. Home turf and whatever you would call against other creators. I would love to see something like this LIVE at LTX2020 @CPotter  maybe challenge creators attending (Kyle, Paul, Jay, Steve, Austin, Canuck Hardware, etc) to build a lan party computer from recycled parts and bring it to ltx. Everyone could do a short vlog filming themselves buying and building their rig since time is limited on the panels and have someone like the MSI, Razor, NZXT people judge. For what it's worth guys, you did a great job. These videos are fun. I know a lot of people would agree with me. I mean hey we got to get Luke in a video!!! Maybe next time it can be Floatplane vs LTT.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor Motherboard: N7-B55XT-W1: [US-3DTC1-N] N7 B550 Motherboard - AMD B550 Chipset with Wi-Fi and White Cover  RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB Gaming OC 3X Video Card Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R ATX Mid Tower White with Tempered glass  Storage: WD_BLACK 2TB SN770 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 5,150 MB/s   PSU: CORSAIR RM Series (2021), White, RM850, 850 Watt, 80 Plus Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply Display(s): 1xMSI Optix MAG272CRX 27.0" 1920x1080 240 Hz Monitor 2x ASUS VZ239H-W 23" Full HD 1080p IPS HDMI VGA Eye Care Monitor Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM SE 63 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE Mouse: Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition: 5G Optical Sensor 16,000 DPI Sound: Audio-Technia ATH-M20x Professional studio monitor Headphones, black.  Operating System: Linux Pop!_OS with KDE Plasma desktop environment Mic: Elgato Wave:3

linktr.ee/Elektra57

I liked the idea, and the first two episodes were interesting. But it wasn't super exciting. Maybe the budget was too large? Maybe there was just not enough to do for three people per team to induce some sense of urgency?

My idea for another scrapyard wars would be to build a pc with parts from different "decades". For example that all the parts need to be  5 years apart in terms of age: Case from the 9180s, monitor from 1985, mouse from 1990, gpu from 1995 and so on.  Or however you want to scale it for a more entertaining experience.

I hope for more scrapyard wars in the future, it is fun to watch after all.

Fun series to watch and kudos for putting together.

Not that things have to be done perfectly all the time, but putting in some more demanding games that would perform poorly on a lackluster PC would not only make the build/budget process more interesting (and actually consequential) but it would have been fun to see someone with a super weak PC getting handicapped because they cheaped out on something.  

Maybe something from 3 different genres, that span esports through AAA level demanding graphics.  Having 2 e sports FPS games that could run on a decade old system with ease pretty much made the whole competition pointless, could have just solved it by having the people best at FPS raise their hands and competition over.  Admittedly, I would still tune in to watch them just duke it out in teams and play video games, because they are an entertaining bunch.

The hardware they put together really didnt matter at all, but still fun to watch and thanks for another series.

El Zoido:  9900k + RTX 4090 / 32 gb 3600mHz RAM / z390 Aorus Master 

The Box:  3900x + RTX 3080 /  32 gb 3000mHz RAM / B550 MSI mortar 

Here's my feedback :

IMHO the problem with the latest Scrapyard wars is that it was poorly edited and rushed.

I mentioned this before but mentioning it again... for me, even though I'm watching LTT channel for years, it was still hard to keep track of who is in what team, how much money they had left, what parts they bought ... basically the videos lacked the 'competition' part, the "rooting for a team" thing.

How could I be invested in a particular team if I don't even know what's their progress throughout the video, how they fare compared to the other team and so on?

Without it, you end up with 5-10 minutes of video where 2-3 people look at laptops and talk about deals which they may or may not deal with.

Just after thinking for about 5-10 minutes.... how about have 4 episodes, first two episodes one dedicated for each team up to let's say 75% of the total process ... keep the focus on team 1 on first episode, then team 2 on 2nd episode.  Third episode could be finishing touches and building the computers and all that (maybe add a section where each team can trade with the other team excess parts for other parts) alternating 3-5 minutes at a time between each teams showing the build process (ex Linus making the custom cable for the power supply - don't think people would have been bored to see Linus explain "here's the pinout i found on the internet, so I have to connect this wire here and so on").

Fourth episode could just be last rush to buy missing components, to use the remaining money to upgrade some things, maybe sell some extra parts, presentation of final hardware, maybe scores for looks of computers, about ergonomics, maybe give points if the systems meet the minimum or recommended requirements for each game, give points if there was money left in the budget etc. 

Another thing... there were pretty much no rules mentioned at the start as far as I'm aware, no list of games that would be tested.

By the time I got to Part 3, i basically skipped over the teams playing the games because frankly I don't care about that.  In previous wars, there were points for how nice the computers looked, and less focus on the team vs team gaming.

Also... kinda cheating.... Was the money spent on fuel traveling to pick up stuff accounted for?  You have a tight budget to make 3 computers and accessories but you have what's probably 10-20% of total budget in fuel money?

As a future scrapyard wars suggestion.. maybe have 2-4 people get a 300-500$ budget and one month (1-3 hours each day after work to not affect the regular schedule) where they can buy hardware or accept donated hardware from various websites and flip it on various websites for a profit and see what they end up with at the end of a month ?

Such a long period would allow you to wait weeks for stuff to come from China or US, get some combo deals

Single biggest thing that stood out to me in this video is that Colton playing Dirt Rally that well on KB+M is truly impressive.

Aside from that, and my misgivings about the whole premise of determining the winner through a game tournament, I have to agree the whole buying-and-building aspect of this SYW was very hard to follow. Obviously trying to buy 3 complete setups for each team is going to make things more complicated... and I guess when the competitors themselves were getting confused about how much money they had available the viewers are SOL. Still, I couldn't even get a general sense of who was doing well in finding parts and who was striking out most of the time. 

I understand the need to keep SYW fresh by changing the format and introducing a "twist" each season. I'm afraid the gimmicks are starting to feel increasingly contrived though, and this season didn't even really feel like the deal-hunting aspect mattered much.

I would humbly suggest that next season takes a back-to-basics approach where all competitors simply try to build the single best PC they can on a set budget, but bring in some guest competitors who are experienced used part hunters. People like Danny from Nerd on a Budget and Bryan from Tech YES City. Then see how they do with their superior deal hunting experience but in an unfamiliar market against Luke and Linus who are in their own back yard but, let's face it, don't have to worry about budget for most of the builds they do.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16