Dong Nguyen Taking Flappy Bird Down

Shrubpig

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/8/5393208/flappy-bird-creator-says-hes-pulling-the-game-offline-tomorrow

Game was not "Stolen" Dong Nguyen got more notoriety than he wanted, also he probably got a lot of crap from Nintendo fanboys because he used a graphic that looked like a Mario pipe.. Etc etc etc. I understand he didn't want to deal with that nonsense.

I'm one of the few people I know that tend to repair electronics with a smith's hammer on a regular basis.

I'm pretty sure this article was intended to be a joke, since if anything the world design and chiming noise are stolen from Super Mario and t doesn't take a genius to see that. Yes, the app was taken down, but that doesn't prove anything this dorkly article said was true the creator has been receiving hate and death threats from people pretty much since it was put up just because people hate the game and this is the internet. 

Should I report or not?

Current PC: Chimera, Because AMD and Nvidia belong together

| CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB SC | Case: CM N600 | PSU: Corsair CX 600W(Overkill but I was originaly planning for a 970) | Moniter: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24" |

Left five, Don't cut, Be brave.

I personally think that he shouldn't have taken the game down. If you negotiate with terrorists the terrorists win. The people making death threats will see this as them winning or just as a weakness of his

Current PC: Chimera, Because AMD and Nvidia belong together

| CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P | RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3-1866 | Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP600 256 GB SSD, 2x Seagate 1TB 7200RPM HDD | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB SC | Case: CM N600 | PSU: Corsair CX 600W(Overkill but I was originaly planning for a 970) | Moniter: BenQ GL2460HM 60Hz 24" |

Left five, Don't cut, Be brave.

Seems it all got just a bit too much for the poor guy!

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

I don't get the people saying "The guy who made this game is a fucking satan" all he wanted was just to make a little app so you can play it when you're shitting. I've tried it and i was pretty good at it but i never raged that hard when i died...

Yes but that isn't what people are doing. They actually play the game for a while and not just shiiting. Same goes for other mobile games they are really good at keeping people playing for some reason. They are barely games anyway.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Ok what the fuck is flappy birds?

it wad a game for ios and Android

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I don't think it's fair for anybody here to call him an idiot for walking away. Yeah, it's easy to tell somebody to grow a thicker skin, but nobody here has ever been in a position where the vitriol of hundreds of trolls gets directed at them constantly.

Besides, seeing as he lives in Vietnam, he probably made plenty of money to live comfortably for a looong time. Besides, now he can avoid all the legal crap that would probably pop up sooner or later.

i wonder why wow hasnt been removed yet *cough* money whores *cough* 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

well fuck.... now all we need is Candy crush saga taken down and people can get back to books... and their children

Children are the ones playing the games. Have you seen all the 5 year olds with iphones?!

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Its sad how a good indie game that takes weeks, months or even years to make doesn't get the attention is deserves. Whereas someone can make a very simple and down-right bad game in 2-3 days and somehow (Like seriously HOW did this game become a hit?) make thousands.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Children are the ones playing the games. Have you seen all the 5 year olds with iphones?!

:| you will be surprised how many parents get addicted to games so badly they neglect their children.

Character artist in the Games industry.

:| you will be surprised how many parents get addicted to games so badly they neglect their children.

How about the parents who hand their kids phones to get them to stop complaining. It is it's own form of negligence.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Its sad how a good indie game that takes weeks, months or even years to make doesn't get the attention is deserves. Whereas someone can make a very simple and down-right bad game in 2-3 days and somehow (Like seriously HOW did this game become a hit?) make thousands.

takes a hour in blender: http://www.blendernation.com/2014/02/09/recreating-flappy-bird-in-blender-in-1-hour/

Character artist in the Games industry.

That video speaks for itself. Games like that have been around for years. But let me guess, from now on if anyone makes a game like it it will be called a clone of Flappy Bird?

Just like with Angry Birds, and just like King with Candy Crush Saga (Who wants to bet they will sue the Bejeweled developer?)

People (especially non-gamers) actually believe that games like Angry Birds and Candy Crush are unique games that invented their genre when they didn't, they all copied from something else in one way or another, the only thing they did was market it better.

Project Tank

CPU: Intel i5 4670k :: Motherboard: Asus Z87 Pro :: RAM: 2x4GB Patroit 1866Mhz Intel Extreme Masters Edition :: GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 280X :: Case: Fractal Design Define R2 XL :: Storage: 1TB Western Digital Black,3TB Western Digital Green, 120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD :: PSU: XFX Pro Series Black Edition 850W :: Display(s): LG 23EA63V :: Cooling: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler.

Well ya guys haven't heard of Super Hexagon?

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

I'm sick of hearing about this guy. I hope he never makes another game, because if it becomes popular he'll just take that one down too.

he only wanted flappy bird to be this little indie game. He wanted the game to relax people but people aren't relaxed after playing the game. Many if not all vines are about breaking something after playing flappy bird