Another Twitch Streamer Leaves - Disguised Toast Leaves for Facebook Gaming

LAwLz

Twitch seems like they can't catch a break. First they lost Ninja and then Shroud to Microsoft's Mixer. Two days ago Twitch lost another one of its mega stars, Disguised Toast.

Disguised Toast is mostly known for his Hearthstone Streams, and more recently DoTA Auto Chess (as well as Offline TV videos).

According to Toast himself, it seems like he biggest reason fro moving is that he had platuaed on Twitch, and Twitch had become very competitive. So Toast wants to try and see how big he can become on Facebook Gaming. I don't know how much Facebook pays him to be exclusive, but what we do know is that he got 20,000 dollars just to produce an announcement video (which he donated to a children's hospital instead).

Personally it seems weird to me that Toast would move platform but he makes more than enough money to live comfortably anyway. I think this is more of a fun experiment rather than some profit-driven move like Ninja and Shroud did earlier.

It also seems like there is at least one major positive aspect to using Facebook Gaming (for the streamer). After recieving a troll comment, Toast read out the full, real name, of the troll who posted the comment, and that shut the troll up.

Sources:

https://streamable.com/2vz4p

So, is Twitch a sinking ship? It's bleeding top streamers like crazy right now.

And if you wanna know how much Disguised Toast made over at Twitch you can look at his video about it, where he actually gives detailed info about exactly how much he makes.

i'd dare make the bold statement that for as long as "individual person leaves twitch" is a news article, twitch is in fact stil top dog in it's class.

twitch will be a sinking ship once "the individual moving over" isnt news worthy anymore.

BIG NEWS: Facebook or Mixer have given me lots of money to move and be pretty chuffed about it.

?????

Only thing they can’t move is the viewers! 

13 minutes ago, SlimyPython said:

Twitch needs bandaids... I wonder how much itll cost though

twitch needs a clear content policy that is not tainted by monetary gains, and an API that actually FREAKING WORKS..

for as much as the rebuild of my media pc has become a jayztwocents does post malone level of procrastination, twitch's broken API managed to add at least one day to that nonsense.

as for the cost... i suppose the cost of before mentioned monetary gains?

makes you wonder how much they actually make from twitch that they would move to a new platform for a lump sum

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

41 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

After recieving a troll comment, Toast read out the full, real name, of the troll who posted the comment, and that shut the troll up.

I don't have a Facebook,  so it's true people  (other than Trump) actually use their real names? 

Why?  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

I don't have a Facebook,  so it's true people  (other than Trump) actually use their real names? 

Why?  

I bet FB has an account on you even though you dont have an account. They still have their marketing profile on you.

dp 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

6 minutes ago, corsairian said:

I bet FB has an account on you even though you dont have an account. They still have their marketing profile on you.

So you use your real name? 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Well, good for him I guess.

I knew him from Offline TV, but that's all. I barely watch anything gaming related these days anyway...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

24 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

So you use your real name? 

You kinda have to. Because if you use an "obviously fake name", they will demand that you fork over an ID with that name on it.

Though if you use a legit sounding name, they will likely leave you alone.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

You kinda have to. Because if you use an "obviously fake name", they will demand that you fork over an ID with that name on it.

Though if you use a legit sounding name, they will likely leave you alone.

Lol so there's really no reason to use your real name,  especially if you made your account primarily to troll. 

That story doesn't check out (although it still might be true of course) 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I'l switch when mixer/yt/facebook pay me too. Until then, these streamers departing mean nothing to me, and I have to assume that most of toast's audience didnt decide to start using fucking facebook gaming of all things.

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Didn't even know facebook have game livestreaming.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Good for him, you never know what you can achieve unless you try. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

twitch will start getting worried when titty streamers will start to leave

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

If Cohh move to Mixer (plausible) or FB (doubt), i'll continue to support him there but i'm not leaving Twitch. ?

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 hours ago, Arika S said:

makes you wonder how much they actually make from twitch that they would move to a new platform for a lump sum

They make plenty. A streamer I watch regularly has about 2.5K viewers, sometimes more, sometimes less.

In less than 12 months he has made enough money to literally buy a plot of land and build his own house from scratch. Remember while doing this he was still renting an apartment and living. I've personally seen him make over $1000 in a single stream from donations alone multiple times (though to be fair its normally a few hundred), combine that with the over 3,000 active monthly subs who pay him $2.50 every single month and hes certainly earning many thousands a month from Twitch alone let alone his YouTube channel as well.

I would guesstimate his monthly wage is probably 3 or 4 times your average American workers wage. That said the guy also streams 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours a day Saturdays & Sundays.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Didn't expect this to get posted here .. but Facebook is literally the worst streaming platform you could stream on, you have to use your actual Facebook account to watch so someone can just (afaik) click on your name and see a lot of stuff. I've watched Toast for a while, he's a pretty smart guy so I'm sure he's thought this decision through but it's still surprising nonetheless

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

MacBook Pro 13" (2018) | ThinkPad x230 | iPad Air 2     

~(˘▾˘~)   (~˘▾˘)~

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I would guesstimate his monthly wage is probably 3 or 4 times your average American workers wage. That said the guy also streams 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours a day Saturdays & Sundays.

Toast made a video about a year ago talking about how much money he makes on Twitch. It's worth noting that he gets about an average of 10,000 viewers on his streams, but from what I've heard it scales pretty linearly. Here is his breakdown:

Donations - About 2,500 dollars a month, which according to him is a bit on the low side compared to the number of viewers he has.

Ads - About 4,000 dollars a month, without pushing out mid-stream ads (which a lot of people do, and it makes them a ton more money)

Subscriptions - About 14,000 dollars a month.

Sponsorship - Massive range. Can be up to 1,000 dollars an hour.

So around 20,000 dollars a month plus sponsor deals.

15 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Toast made a video about a year ago talking about how much money he makes on Twitch. It's worth noting that he gets about an average of 10,000 viewers on his streams, but from what I've heard it scales pretty linearly. Here is his breakdown:

Donations - About 2,500 dollars a month, which according to him is a bit on the low side compared to the number of viewers he has.

Ads - About 4,000 dollars a month, without pushing out mid-stream ads (which a lot of people do, and it makes them a ton more money)

Subscriptions - About 14,000 dollars a month.

Sponsorship - Massive range. Can be up to 1,000 dollars an hour.

So around 20,000 dollars a month plus sponsor deals.

Right, so an average of 10k viewers = an average on $20,000 per month. My guy has 2.5K Viewers so probably makes about $5,000 per month.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

43 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Right, so an average of 10k viewers = an average on $20,000 per month. My guy has 2.5K Viewers so probably makes about $5,000 per month.

Yeah that might be about right. Potentially more if he does sponsored deals too.

Not a big loss for them losing these streamers as some depict, all of them that moved, together they don't have close to viewers as some other single streamer on Twitch though. There's also all that 'payed X ammount to move' stuff. Mixer is still even with currently all these streamers not competing with Twitch at all. They will have to continue getting big names there as well as increasing general viewership constantly. As for fb gaming and yt gaming, I mean they seem dead really... 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |