[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

i can tell you what it is already, the 450/550w are just vs but upgraded, and the 650 is likely something close to br or masterwatt

Jonnyguru, corsair's designer is around here

I can't win a reddit argument with that :(. Duly noted for personal future reference though

1 minute ago, BlueThunder37 said:

How come there's no PowerSpec?

i keep forget adding them... give me a moment

I have asked about the Phanteks Revolt Pro series (Not Revolt X series) here several pages before and know that no one can confirm whether it is based on seasonic focus fx or gx (more likely based on fx model). Then I sent an email to support@phanteksusa.com asking about whether the pro series based on Focus fx or gx model and just get the reply that’s they say pro series are based on Focus gx model.  Although there is not any proof ...

1 minute ago, Twins said:

pro series are based on Focus gx model

this is actually very possible and i'd love to hear from all oems about this

Seasonic stopped producing the 2017 models for themselves, but are tight lipped around oem stuff to other companies

4 hours ago, Twins said:

I have asked about the Phanteks Revolt Pro series (Not Revolt X series) here several pages before and know that no one can confirm whether it is based on seasonic focus fx or gx (more likely based on fx model). Then I sent an email to support@phanteksusa.com asking about whether the pro series based on Focus fx or gx model and just get the reply that’s they say pro series are based on Focus gx model.  Although there is not any proof ...

Yeah, it's actually very likely that it's Focus GX based on newer batches, but again, you don't know what batch you'll get (and it was released when there were still FX) so it's complicated, with a lot of other options i wouldn't recommend getting them (even Phanteks's own AMP series, no 'dual-system' gimmicks but otherwise the same Focus GX and cheaper).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

If the CV650 ends up in tier B, that would be quite nice. Contender for the CX450M in the cheap cheap but good category, since the CX450M is usually the cheapest Tier B or higher unit on pcpp US that has 2 6+2 PCIe connectors. The CV650 would make low end builds with the real power hogs like a 980 ti or 780 ti more viable, when paired with something like a Ryzen 7 1700.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Fasauceome said:

If the CV650 ends up in tier B, that would be quite nice.

problem is that only cv450/550 have been confirmed to be what was said to be

I'm yet to see any internal shots or reviews of the 650w version

Just now, LukeSavenije said:

problem is that only cv450/550 have been confirmed to be what was said to be

I'm yet to see any internal shots or reviews of the 650w version

Maybe I'll buy one just for u

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

4 minutes ago, Kaygooo said:

What do you think, is TH just as incompetently and unreliably testing psu's as motherboards ;)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWUOldsxXQ

TL;DR of the video? I don't know what's it about, but I doubt it couldn't have been an article instead of 25 minutes of a talking head.

What does it have to do with PSUs or this tier list, anyway? As far as I can tell, this is about motherboards. There's no correlation between quality of motherboard reviews and quality of PSU reviews, unless they're being done by the same person and that person decides to incorrectly review both.

2 minutes ago, Kaygooo said:

What do you think, is TH just as incompetently and unreliably testing psu's as motherboards ;)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWUOldsxXQ

Not gonna watch this drama but right off i can say that motherboards and PSUs for THG are reviewed by different people, in the case of PSUs it's Aris Mpitziopoulos, IIRC he actually works for Cybenetics and tests PSUs for them in the first place, then for a whole bunch of review sites like THG, TPU, Tweaktown and also publishes them at his YT channel, go find more competent PSU reviewer.

29 minutes ago, OrionFOTL said:

TL;DR of the video? I don't know what's it about, but I doubt it couldn't have been an article instead of 25 minutes of a talking head.

Tom's hw reviewer used extremely flawed methods to test MSI's low-end X570 motherboards, claims it's great and called everyone who reported horrible VRM temps (quite a few) trolls and generally acted like an asshole.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

6 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

Tom's hw reviewer used extremely flawed methods to test MSI's low-end X570 motherboards, claims it's great and called everyone who reported horrible VRM temps (quite a few) trolls and generally acted like an asshole.

but to add to this: the person on the motherboards isn't Aris, so it's irrelevant for us here

How do I find out if a version is the one in the list? For example if it says 2017 TXM, is it this one? CP-9020133-EU

4 minutes ago, t0m.- said:

How do I find out if a version is the one in the list? For example if it says 2017 TXM, is it this one? CP-9020133-EU

Follow the link, there's part number in specifications on PCPP, yes, it's 2017 version.

1 hour ago, Juular said:

Follow the link, there's part number in specifications on PCPP, yes, it's 2017 version.

ah thanks. slow brain today.

should I send back my rmx750w and buy a formula gold 550w? (BP-FM550ULAG-9R) 50euro difference. 

ryzen 3600+b450 atx+2x8b ddr4 3200+1tb m2+2tb 7200 rpm. waiting for nvidia 3000. no plan about OC