[EOL] PSU Tier List rev. 14.8

LukeSavenije
Message added by Spotty

For help choosing a power supply please Create a New Thread asking for assistance including your budget and system hardware to receive the best answers relevant to your specific needs.

4 minutes ago, t0m.- said:

would it be perfectly save and fine to stick to the system power 7?

Looking at that review further, it fails crossloads testing just barely out of spec but they're already quite wide to start with for modern standards. So no, i would recommend to replace it.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

52 minutes ago, Juular said:

@Somedude96

The cheapest unit i can stand behind are CM MWE Gold, there are CM MWE Bronze V1 and Corsair CXm for just 300 PHP less so not worth the save. Can't recommend anything lower because your GPU despite being cheap and low-tier, isn't exactly low power-draw and needs decent power supply.

Thanks for the advice.

2 minutes ago, Juular said:

Looking at that review further, it fails crossloads testing just barely out of spec but they're already quite wide to start with for modern standards. So no, i would recommend to replace it.

Thanks! Will probably go for the Focus GX550 then, unless there are negative points about it?

1 minute ago, t0m.- said:

Thanks! Will probably go for the Focus GX550 then, unless there are negative points about it?

Even older revision Focus FX\FM would've been good for RX5600 XT most likely, Focus GX should be good. If you're worried, you can try to find say Bitfenix Formula Gold for comparable price, they're usually very cheap in Germany, it isn't modular but very high quality unit otherwise.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, t0m.- said:

it gets loud beyond 420w load on ambient temps, but otherwise it's a good psu

6 minutes ago, t0m.- said:

Where would be the cooler master reactor gold in the list?

i'm too limited on info to say much about it

11 minutes ago, Juular said:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/forums/showthread.php?16873-Cooler-Master-Reactor-Gold

Same SKU code and guts on CM site look idential, so it's probably renamed for Europe due to some trademark collisions on 'MWE' part.

interesting... never saw it around here

i'll do some last research and add it

Anyone knows about these New Corsair CV bronze power supplies ? 

Is cv better or worse than cx , are these new psus meant to replace cx ?

7 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

Anyone knows about these New Corsair CV bronze power supplies ? 

Is cv better or worse than cx , are these new psus meant to replace cx ?

From what I've heard, it's more or less a VS with bronze efficiency, so it still falls behind the CX (still group regulated)

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

From what I've heard, it's more or less a VS with bronze efficiency, so it still falls behind the CX (still group regulated)

for the 450 and 550w models, that is

by @jonnyGURU's words the 650w is a dc-dc, but outside of it being hec, i know little about it

8 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

by @jonnyGURU's words the 650w is a dc-dc, but outside of it being hec, i know little about it

Yeah it seems warranty is only 3 years too only thing is the size is smaller than other psus by like 1.5cm. 

Just now, Somedude96 said:

What is this? Is this a new series from Corsair? Corsair CV 550 80+ Bronze. At first, I thought it was a scam or a bootleg but apparently it's a legit product from Corsair. Is this better than the VS Series?

as said above, it's a vs, but slightly upgraded to meet 80+ bronze

15 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

Yeah it seems warranty is only 3 years too only thing is the size is smaller than other psus by like 1.5cm. 

in the markets I've seen it, it's barely less expensive than a CXM, which was true of the VS as well, so it's not really worth getting.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

as said above, it's a vs, but slightly upgraded to meet 80+ bronze

So it's still the same tier as VS?

Just now, Somedude96 said:

So it's still the same tier as VS?

correct, for the 450/550w models

but since official reviews aren't out yet, nor have i been provided with internal shots, i'm not adding it just yet

1 minute ago, LukeSavenije said:

correct, for the 450/550w models

but since official reviews aren't out yet, nor have i been provided with internal shots, i'm not adding it just yet

Dang, it's rated at 30°C continuous temp same as VS. What a waste.

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

in the markets I've seen it, it's barely less expensive than a CXM, which was true of the VS as well, so it's not really worth getting.

Here in India it's like 4$ less expensive than CX so not really worth it i think.

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

Yeah.  650W is an off the shelf HEC design with DC to DC.  450W and 550W are just upgraded VS Series.

It's supposed to be on the market for the SAME PRICE as VS.  At least based on what sales has been told the cost is (same as what they were selling the VS for last year).  So if you're seeing it for only around $4 less than CX-M or $4 more than VS, the reseller is trying to make more margin on it and/or it's too new for them to know what they want to sell them for.

The current VS is supposed to be replaced by CV.  So theoretically you could see VS "on clearance" creating a false price delta between it and CV.  But, like I was saying, if the VS was $10 cheaper than CX in your region, then CV should be $10 cheaper in your region as well.

56 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

650W is an off the shelf HEC design with DC to DC

something along the lines of masterwatt?

I bought an MWE Bronze V2 650W on the 30th of December for my new build (RTX 2060, i5-9400f). I didn't have many choices, the PSU market here is very limited. A few days later I realised that I could buy a Riotoro Enigma G2 for 17 euro more (good job, me!). Furthermore, this PSU makes a quiet high pitched noise when the PC is off. I'm kind of stuck right now, as the consumer protection laws in my country don't allow me to return a product just because I don't like it, so if I would like my money back, I would need to send it in for testing, which can take up to a week or more... I really don't know what to do. Any advice would be much appreciated. (and the cherry on top is this low-load ripple issue. Great.)

I came across a SolidGear SDGR-600BX, which... As far as I can see doesn't even boast 80 plus efficiency.

It's not going in any of my builds, but I have it either way. Am I looking at a total firecracker here?