UFD tech heartbreaking situation

mped
Message added by WkdPaul

UFD Tech thread will be merged here.

Well, tears here

Moderator edit :

Charity stream ;

If you guys want to help Brett and his family, and the UFD Tech channel, here are some links (please note that this is an exception, we usually don't allow links to charity requests) ;

https://www.floatplane.com/channel/ufdtech/home

https://www.patreon.com/UFDTech

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-emmitt039s

https://teespring.com/stores/ufd-fundraising-merch

Edited by wkdpaul

I hope others have seen the latest vid of their situation. Having to move back to the USA. I'm hoping we can get together as a community to help them and those that work there to get to the US  so they keep their job. 

Sad situation. Hopefully they can get the treatment their son needs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I just came here to spread the word too - Would be cool to see the tech nerds and creators combine forces to help this fellow out!

I just saw this vid in my notifications so sad especially the end ?

@LinusTech do you think there could be a solution to allow them to continue their work affordably but with Brett in the US and his team in South Africa? 

While I can't do much. I'll at the very least subscribe to them on floatplane. 

Edit: Subscribed. Good luck to you all! 
image.png.0251955c5bfde89ad590881f37a73159.png

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

editing, maybe, but studio hands have to be where he is.

also the cost of transfer (having to get a high-bandwidth internet plan to transfer files over) might not make sense

O yea it will be difficult but just some thing to keep them going until hopefully they could get the visa's sorted out or until they find another solution. I have never understood why there are still such things as data caps even my phone has unlimited 4G data and now my house is on 4G unlimited data and no throttling because the speed is way faster than what my landline can provide and hopefully my home broadband will be moving to 5G and again unlimited data and no throttling.       

But any way I think the more we can spread the word the higher the possibility a solution can be found ?  

This was sad news. I've been a subscriber to UFD Tech for a good while now and it's Brett who I copied the "Papa Linus" from as well. This whole thing must have been a serious gut-punch to the whole team -- to Brett, because he feels responsible for his team, and to the rest of the team because they have no idea if they'll have a job for long.

Though, obviously, their kid's situation itself is the saddest part of all this and I can definitely understand Brett and his wife being willing to do anything to help the kid.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

2 minutes ago, Jugi said:

Linus make charity stream to the kid and the family  

Hm, no idea how he'd feel about something like that. I mean, it has the chance of backfiring as well, what with other people then starting to beg for him to do the same thing for them as well and so on and so forth. Personally, I would like it if they did it anyway, but I could also understand them not wanting to deal with the mess that comes after it.

@LinusTech  your take?

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

4 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

@LinusTech  your take?

They're going to talk about it in the WAN show for sure, I've also contacted Linus, Luke and the forum admins to see what could be done on the forum ;)

EDIT : But if we're going to post links to help them, that's going to be an exception since we don't allow for "charity request" on the forum.

Edited by wkdpaul

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

This is very important pls check this vid.

He needs our help ,unfortunately, I cant donate as I am not an adult. But what I can do is shary it with other people in the tech communityJust a 5 dollars donation or buying some merch will help!!!

Hi everyone, wasn't sure if anyone posted a topic for this yet. Head over to UFD tech on YouTube and help at their GoFundMe if you are able. They are going through an incredibly rough time. Great Techtuber and incredible family. Kyle over at BitWit has already donated too.

Edited by wkdpaul

@DannyBoy312

Threads merged.

Please look if a thread already exists when posting something like this ;)

13 minutes ago, DannyBoy312 said:

My bad, thank you. Posted in a frenzy after finding out.

No problem, I've added the livestream to the OP

EDIT : added links also.

image.png.92e32ea444c390de2dd4c245d8fe8061.png

???

Let's keep this up.

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

I've done my bit to support them. I can't remember the specific video on Linus Tech Tips but he has kinda mentioned a "South African" channel in a fairly recent video without mentioning specific names.

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

we usually don't allow links to charity requests

Thanks for allowing this one.  I really hope that the WAN show coverage helps Brett and his family out.

They just did the sponsor spot, UFD Tech was mentioned right before that.

Happy to hear Linus is going to make a personal donation!!

I don't really care for the guy but I feel for his child, all the best to him.