Trypophobia - A reason to not buy an iPhone 11

10 hours ago, Phill104 said:

Looks like as usual lawyers are looking to coin in their next croc of cack

I’m not aware how does a lawyer’s mental gymnastics work but how can they defend this when “Trypophobia” isn’t even listed in DSM-V or any diagnostic taxonomies? 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

...I'm sorry, why did they buy it if it triggers this phobia?

9 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

a8338b9.png.b7bcccbc755e6c138f3036825943c374.png

If the current trend keeps up those prices need an extra 9 at the end to be realistic :P

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

50 minutes ago, captain_to_fire said:

I’m not aware how does a lawyer’s mental gymnastics work but how can they defend this when “Trypophobia” isn’t even listed in DSM-V or any diagnostic taxonomies? 

DSM has umbrella "specific phobia". 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It's hip and quirky to have some phobia or shit and everyone is like "oh muh god you're so cool". And the people who actually have phobias are shivering in a corner and are not bragging about it.

Yeah, you'll never see me willingly go into onea those escape room things. Ugh.

Phobias can be serious shit.

Where were the complaints about Apple designing their Mac Pro to resemble a cheese grater?

3 hours ago, RejZoR said:

It's hip and quirky to have some phobia or shit and everyone is like "oh muh god you're so cool". And the people who actually have phobias are shivering in a corner and are not bragging about it.

Should be legal to punch people who claim that they're "so OCD". 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

The lawsuit is stupid, but Apple's camera design is really stupid too IMO. The lenses look a bit too big and they're squished together making it look weird and scary

My only possible response.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hope they don't have shower heads.  What a stupid class action lawsuit.  Guess they never saw a mesh or cutout fan guard of case front panel either.

Inb4 the phones of the future are basically mirrorless interchangeable lens cameras that can make calls 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 hours ago, ryao said:

Where were the complaints about Apple designing their Mac Pro to resemble a cheese grater?

The phobia is normal only triggered by small holes and usually it's in a living thing (not always). so depending on perspective, larger holes like on the mac pro are not an issue,  also being able to see through to the other side also negates the reaction (which is why flyscreen and safety doors aren't an issue). 

8 hours ago, justpoet said:

I hope they don't have shower heads.  What a stupid class action lawsuit.  Guess they never saw a mesh or cutout fan guard of case front panel either.

What class action?

EDIT: just thought I should add that I don't like the name it has or the fact it is referred to as a phobia. Apart from not being anything other than an observed condition, the closest it really comes to phobia are some elements of fear that lay at the heart of the ill feeling you get when triggered.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

23 hours ago, Taja said:

It is something that a lot of people have (me included) but its just a bad feeling - and the new iphone DEFINETELY does not bother me.

Yeah, me too. I did read/hear someone mention this before I saw this thread and considered it, but yeah, this doesn't "trigger" it in me.

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

The phobia is normal only triggered by small holes and usually it's in a living thing (not always).

Yeah, for me, it's usually something organic that "triggers" it (I don't like the word "trigger"...it's highly overused)....though I do confess that with thread bringing everything to the forefront, @Murasaki's pics are bothering me a bit now :)

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

Ez solution for that: don't buy it then

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It's funny how much drama is generated around iPhone 11 cameras. But absolutely none about Nokia 9 that actually has so many cameras packed in small space it could actually cause problems to some ppl with this fear. And no one said a word. Heh.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, Taja said:

AFAIK, trypophobia is not a "real" phobia. It is something that a lot of people have (me included) but its just a bad feeling - and the new iphone DEFINETELY does not bother me.

If the whole back of the phone had irregular holes, MAYBE people could feel bad looking at it, but still the whole situation is ridiculous.

For ppl that are confused, just google trypophobia in google images that you will see what this is about.

I used to have it. Whenever I'd see an image with it in, it made my skin crawl and i'd start itching and sweating.

I forced myself to look at images of it for about half an hour. Now it doesn't bother me thankfully.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

Trypophobia is bullshit

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

I can't say I'm surprised, because I made this exact joke when watching the announcement, but I'm certainly disappointed, humanity

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

It's funny how much drama is generated around iPhone 11 cameras. But absolutely none about Nokia 9 that actually has so many cameras packed in small space it could actually cause problems to some ppl with this fear. And no one said a word. Heh.

You're right, I didn't think of that seeing iPhones, with that Nokia I thought it might resemble some of the ugly holes, but for example every time I see Peugeot with those lights:
absXRKpt-V1RowaxEljJQcAIDsyfmNpu08v301k5

I am disgusted. It makes me uncomfortable, reminds me of worms coming out of someone's skin.
I never knew trypophobia has a name.

I wanted to post a GIF image of a frog that hides its own frogglings in its back by making holes in it and then those frogglings are moving inside its skin. But then decided not to because it makes even me uncomfortable watching that and would trigger half of people here :D It's one weird sight that frog...

6 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I wanted to post a GIF image of a frog that hides its own frogglings in its back by making holes in it and then those frogglings are moving inside its skin. But then decided not to because it makes even me uncomfortable watching that and would trigger half of people here :D It's one weird sight that frog...

I'm curious now.  What's the name of the frog so I can go find a picture for myself?

The iPhone 11 is blessed by Grandfather Nurgle. Embrace sweet putrefaction! 

i0l8ci5pw3m31.jpg

y32t4c4xs6m31.jpg

5jrigkh4i4m31.jpg

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This is ridiculous... How can you start a class action over a consumer product that you are not forced to buy or use?   ...people these days, get over yourselves, smh

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x