How do I convince my parents to buy me a gaming PC ???

I am<removed by staff> from India and I want to play the new Plants Vs Zombies™ Battle for neighbourville .

But(t) my father has a i3 3210 PC with no you and he doesn't even let me play on it ? because he thinks that l am responsible for the failed activation of Ms office (he is not fool , just doesn't understand anything tech related and doesn't trust me )

So how can I convince my parents to get me a gaming PC and the game (I once asked my parents for Xbox one, they fainted after knowing about the $500 price)

I will be be the topper this time ?(maybe this will help ?)

Edited by SansVarnic
Removed content.

Going to be honest with you my dude, you might just have to go out and do odd jobs for people in exchange for money in order to afford this system as it sounds like your parents aren't particularly receptive to purchasing new tech. 

However, if you still want them to purchase it for you the best thing you can do is price out the cheapest PC parts possible that will allow you to run the games you want or go the traditional route of budget gaming and find a used Dell Optiplex and slap a reasonably priced GPU in there for even less. If the price is low enough they could be more receptive to purchase.

Best of luck in your efforts though

乇乂丅尺卂 丅卄工匚匚

On 9/9/2019 at 7:54 AM, The_Prycer said:

Going to be honest with you my dude, you might just have to go out and do odd jobs for people in exchange for money in order to afford this system 

i am too busy studying and cant do anything hard.(proud to be a lazy guy)

the truth is i spent 10 hours sleeping 6 hrs at school 6 hrs studying and the rest for gaming and hanging around at this forum

On 9/9/2019 at 8:00 AM, GoldenLag said:

you dont convince them. you start saving the money yourself. and it doesnt need to be a whole lot to get a pretty decent system going or getting a used xbox or playstation. 

the last time i saved was ₹3500 and that's 1/10 of the price of a xbox

And every time I save money my mom takes it. so she took ₹3000 that time

2 minutes ago, SeAsOn3 said:

the truth is i spent 10 hours sleeping 6 hrs at school 6 hrs studying and the rest for gaming and hanging around at this forum

If you desperately need a new computer, then you should be willing to put some effort into getting it.

2 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Yeah thats going to have to change if you want a PC. Get a job or mow lawns or something and start saving money, we all had to work for our PC's you arent an exception to this

This is going to sound like awful life advice, but you don't need 10 hours sleep a night. Most people would say you can get away with 8 as a healthy amount.

Regardless of if you take my questionable medical advice(:P), if you can find time in your schedule to do do errands for people etc, for a little bit of money, then you can get started on putting it towards a gaming PC. LTT videos and plenty of others have proved you can put a basic gaming PC together without spending a huge amount; Just make sure you have an attainable specification in mind, and go for it my dude :) 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

4 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

"Too busy" - Is just bad time management.

Maybe stop playing games and find casual work?

4 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

the last time i saved was ₹3500 and that's 1/10 of the price of a xbox

And every time I save money my mom takes it. so she took ₹3000 that time

Why not open your own bank account? Or hiding your money better? To be real, did you mum say why she take the money? They are many reason why they won't buy you computer/gaming console is probably because they know from "study//news" gaming is bad for children etc or just a money issue.

Consider second hand machine from your family/friends or online/recycle shop etc.

Magical Pineapples

If your parents can't afford it then there is nothing you can do to convince them. You just need to figure out ways to pay for it yourself. 

you dont convince them. you start saving the money yourself. and it doesnt need to be a whole lot to get a pretty decent system going or getting a used xbox or playstation. 

Easier said than done in a developing country whose annual per carpita income is $2,199. You are gonna buy a $500 Xbox on an yearly salary of $2,199? 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

if your parents can't afford it then they can't afford it theres no amount of convincing that can change that. and if they cant earn enough money i dont see how you can either. 

On 9/9/2019 at 8:05 AM, LeSheen said:

Work for it, most of us did.

4 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Yeah thats going to have to change if you want a PC. Get a job or mow lawns or something and start saving money, we all had to work for our PC's you arent an exception to this

2 hours ago, Ross Siggers said:

This is going to sound like awful life advice, but you don't need 10 hours sleep a night. Most people would say you can get away with 8 as a healthy amount.

Regardless of if you take my questionable medical advice(:P), if you can find time in your schedule to do do errands for people etc, for a little bit of money, then you can get started on putting it towards a gaming PC. LTT videos and plenty of others have proved you can put a basic gaming PC together without spending a huge amount; Just make sure you have an attainable specification in mind, and go for it my dude :) 

2 hours ago, desertcomputer said:

"Too busy" - Is just bad time management.

Maybe stop playing games and find casual work?

Why not open your own bank account? Or hiding your money better? To be real, did you mum say why she take the money? They are many reason why they won't buy you computer/gaming console is probably because they know from "study//news" gaming is bad for children etc or just a money issue.

Consider second hand machine from your family/friends or online/recycle shop etc.

image.png.3e0c58b358cef320a484bb945524a41d.png

yeah good luck with that

59 minutes ago, spartaman64 said:

image.png.3e0c58b358cef320a484bb945524a41d.png

yeah good luck with that

What choice does he have though other than working for it?

honestly i also asked my parents about buying pc stuff constantly when i was a kid but as soon as i was old enough to realize my parents financial situation i stopped. i mean i still spent every birthday and christmas wish on it but those were fixed budgets. then i somehow managed even through college. and i only started balling with my pc once i had my first paycheck in hand. straight up went and bought a gtx770 and a samsung 840 ssd or was it 860? idk. my point is if your parents are having a hard time financially you gonna feel real bad later in life about bugging them for unnneccessary stuff. trust me.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

5 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

What choice does he have though other than working for it?

Find a new hobby.

If you can't afford it, work for it. 
If you can't work for it, you don't need it.
That's life no matter where you live.

Junk Yard Dog Build

I7 -10700K
MSI Z490 MPG Gaming Plus

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32gb (4x8gb) DDR4 (3200 MHz)

Gigabyte RTX 2060 Gaming OC Pro

Corsair H115i Platinum AIO

EVGA 750 GQ

In a Cyberpower PC X-Titan case

On 9/10/2019 at 7:40 PM, spartaman64 said:

if your parents can't afford it then they can't afford it theres no amount of convincing that can change that. and if they cant earn enough money i dont see how you can either. 

Well they can afford to pay for the pc but they'll not . I am from one of the richest families in the town

If you have time to game on a PC, you should be able to use this time towards getting such a PC. There are several ways of paying less (like buying used parts) for your PC.

Then there is the issue of your parents being ok with you getting a PC. If I were you, I would talk to them, ask them why they don't want you to have a gaming PC (there seem to be issues other than the financial one from what I can deduce from you answers). Once you have heard their concerns, you should start addressing those. I can for example very well imagine parents being concerned that their child will spent less time studying once if gets a nice gaming PC.

I can understand the frustration that might come with depending on other people, but you have to work things out with those people regardless until you become truly independent.

2 hours ago, SeAsOn3 said:

Well they can afford to pay for the pc but they'll not . I am from one of the richest families in the town

So save. Behind their back or by measure of many other methods

On 9/9/2019 at 8:19 PM, SeAsOn3 said:

So how can I convince my parents to get me a gaming PC and the game (I once asked my parents for Xbox one, they fainted after knowing about the $500 price)

Get a job and/or get good grades. Or better yet, save money until you can buy what you can afford. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

2 hours ago, captain_to_fire said:

Get a job and/or get good grades. Or better yet, save money until you can buy what you can afford. 

You expect him, a 16 year old who has not even finish high school and probably has no job experiences or skills, to get a job that pays enough to for a gaming PC of $500 and up in a country with a minimum wage of less than $2 a day?

Just because your parents are weathly big time doctors/lawyers/engineers doesn't mean you can go into the job market at 16 years old and earn the same triple digits salary. 

Be realistic, the only way for the kid to have his PC is to beg his parents to buy him one. 

Sudo make me a sandwich 

On 9/9/2019 at 7:19 AM, SeAsOn3 said:

I am less than 16 year old from India and I want to play the new Plants Vs Zombies™ Battle for neighbourville .

But(t) my father has a i3 3210 PC with no you and he doesn't even let me play on it ? because he thinks that l am responsible for the failed activation of Ms office (he is not fool , just doesn't understand anything tech related and doesn't trust me )

I will be be the topper this time ?(maybe this will help ?)

This will be a very unpopular opinion, but games that have anticheat or DRM that hooks into the kernel can destabilize a system, so he could be saving himself a headache by saying no games on the machine.

That said, there is no way to convince your parents yourself. In my case, my parents refused to get a computer for me for years because they thought I would break it (and to be fair, Windows broke a few times on me when I finally got it). What changed their minds was a relative becoming a computer technician so they imagined that they could get him to fix it if I messed it up (which he did after I did).

You would have better luck finding someone throwing out an obsolete machine that you could have than getting your parents to change their minds.

On 9/12/2019 at 2:55 AM, SeAsOn3 said:

This really is the wrong way to look at things. Having the money in the bank does not mean that it is available for non-necessities. It could be there for your education, for covering health care costs, for legal expenses if they are ever in court or any number of other things. Just because they have it does not mean that it should be spent. Your parents have plenty of bills that you do not realize and not all of them are for regularly occurring things.

You will not like to hear this, but calling your family one of the richest, even if true, suggests to me that you do not know the value of things. You should not think that just because your parents’ finances are relatively good for your area that they should go buy things that other people do not have. That money is security against unexpected issues. You are asking them to give up that security so that you can play games. That is a backward sense of priorities, which you will hopefully understand by the time you are a parent.

Imagine if for example there were a flood that caused you to lose your home. By virtue of saving, your parents would be in a better position to deal with that than others and you would be far happier because of it than you would be with the gaming PC. That is the true value of money.

3 hours ago, ryao said:

This will be a very unpopular opinion, but games that have anticheat or DRM that hooks into the kernel can destabilize a system, so he could be saving himself a headache by saying no games on the machine.

That makes as much sense as saying playing games will brick your Xbox or PS4.

Computers are meant to run softwares. Games are softwares as well and no different than any other type of program. If anti cheat breaks stuff, doesn't license verification in Microsoft office and whatnots do the same thing? 

Sudo make me a sandwich