What do you think makes people want to hack?

91wow

Hello, I was wondering what some of you think about what makes people want to hack games on PC. I for one am a competitive CS player, both lan and online and have came across a person either aim botting, auto trigger, no recoil, or wall hack every day since Christmas, then I thought to my self there has to be a reason behind this. I looked into it a bit and it seems having games like CSGO go on sale for $2 increases hacking in the game. My reasoning behind this is that they have less to lose with buying 12 copy of a $2 game to hack on than 2 copy to hack on. 

I want to hear what you all think of this idea. A lot of people I have talked to agree that when a sale like that happens there are more hackers in the game. Same when for arma 2 and the dayZ mod when arma 2 CO went on sale for $5 the amount of hackers went up a fair bit on popular servers. 

Just my little rant as all. 

They think that people will respect them because they can cheat their way to "glory".

Speaking from a programming perspective, because they can. Because they want to see if they can do it. Im willing to bet they dont even care if they get kills, or if they make people rage quit (though maybe a bonus). I can honestly say ive written some code before just to see if i could even do it.

Then again other people are motivated by money, and the stuff like CoD and BF hacks can get pretty pricy, even stuff for TF2 is like a monthly fee to get access to some of them.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

Game hacking no skills they rage a lot they're bored.

As for internet/DDoS and device hacking in my case would be curiosity 

I never hack online games, I don't even try to hack online based games.

However, some Offline/Single Player games I do hack. Games such as Fable 3 (Inf Health, Gold, etc..), Assassins Creed Black Flag (I like to use the Stealth hack to get past the parts when you have to Eavesdrop without being seen ), Batman Origins (Inf Health, Inf Upgrade Points, just because that game is insane hard, and I prob wont even get the chance to get all the good upgrades if I play legit).

Games like that, offline games I hack. I will never hack an Online game, because wouldn't like it if someone hacks a game that I am playing in. Its an unfair advantage. People that hack in an online game, are the same people that Team Kill in games just for fun, just because they suck at the game and can't get a legit kill against the opposite team.

EDIT: As for REAL hacking, Network Hacking, well most hackers do it because they can, and because they are trying to learn more about it. Real hacking is more about the Knowledge, it doesn't mean the person is a bad person or anything. Most of the time they are curious, and just want to learn how things like that work.

I got into real hacking a very long time ago. The OS I used was BackTrack, it was a Linux Based OS, Linux is the best OS for real world hacking, if you know how to use it properly.  I won't go into detail about backtrack on this forum, but you can google it yourself. I gave up real hacking awhile back, and got into Programming.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

I think its trying to be cool... I have tons of friends who ALL say ask me is "how do you hack?" And I'm like, why do you want to know that?  Yet the same guy has a macbook and claims he can run  GTA IV on it...  :|  So I think its trying to be cool... 

Can't cope with being too noob, and everyone else being too good for them, so they'll hack hoping people will recognize their "skill". 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Never hacked an online game. I did use a crapload of cheats playing GTA SA years ago though. (I had a little list of all the best cheats written down. I eventually memorized them.)

NZXT Phantom|FX-8320 @4.4GHz|Gigabyte 970A-UD3P|240GB SSD|2x 500GB HDD|16GB RAM|2x AMD MSI R9 270|2x 1080p IPS|Win 10

Dell Precision M4500 - Dell Latitude E4310 - HTC One M8

$200 Volvo 245

They lack sufficient motor skills so they use hacks.

"With every meeting, comes a parting. However, not every parting has to last forever."

Never hacked an online game. I did use a crapload of cheats playing GTA SA years ago though. (I had a little list of all the best cheats written down. I eventually memorized them.)

L1, L2, R1, R2, left, down, right, up, left, down, right, up.

I have to agree with this. I mess around with all kinds of cheats/hacks in offline/singleplayer games. 

For online games, I would never try it, considering I'm super careful with all my games' account statuses. Also, I've learned to deal with dying/losing on a regular basis :P The only time I would consider it though, would be in my next point;

As for their motive, I think that a fair portion of them do it because they can, just to see what happens, like @silberdrachi said. Then for the "majority" of them who go about downloading, I really don't think I need to say anything about them..

However, some Offline/Single Player games I do hack. Games such as Fable 3 (Inf Health, Gold, etc..), Assassins Creed Black Flag (I like to use the Stealth hack to get past the parts when you have to Eavesdrop without being seen ), Batman Origins (Inf Health, Inf Upgrade Points, just because that game is insane hard, and I prob wont even get the chance to get all the good upgrades if I play legit).

Games like that, offline games I hack. I will never hack an Online game, because wouldn't like it if someone hacks a game that I am playing in. Its an unfair advantage. People that hack in an online game, are the same people that Team Kill in games just for fun, just because they suck at the game and can't get a legit kill against the opposite team.

EDIT: As for REAL hacking, Network Hacking, well most hackers do it because they can, and because they are trying to learn more about it. Real hacking is more about the Knowledge, it doesn't mean the person is a bad person or anything. Most of the time they are curious, and just want to learn how things like that work.

I got into real hacking a very long time ago. The OS I used was BackTrack, it was a Linux Based OS, Linux is the best OS for real world hacking, if you know how to use it properly.  I won't go into detail about backtrack on this forum, but you can google it yourself. I gave up real hacking awhile back, and got into Programming.

Speaking from a programming perspective, because they can. Because they want to see if they can do it. Im willing to bet they dont even care if they get kills, or if they make people rage quit (though maybe a bonus). I can honestly say ive written some code before just to see if i could even do it.

Then again other people are motivated by money, and the stuff like CoD and BF hacks can get pretty pricy, even stuff for TF2 is like a monthly fee to get access to some of them.

Now with this, do you think it's smart for valve to keep releasing the game or games at a very low price like they have and no put the extra money made into a better anti-cheat system? 

Simply, self-esteem. 

|EVGA 850 P2| |1440p PG279Q| |X570 Aorus Extreme| |Ryzen 9 3950x WC| |FE 2080Ti WC|TridentZ Neo 64GB| |Samsung 970 EVO M.2 1TB x3

|Logitech G900|K70 Cherry MX Speed|  |Logitech Z906 |  |HD650|  |CaseLabs SMA8 (one of the last ones made)

Simply, self-esteem. 

Even then, some people buy 3 copys of games. One to be legit on, and two more to hack on.

So they can show off their 1337 hacker skills.

How is Origins insanely hard?? Are you playing on the hardest difficulty? Because on the normal difficulty it definitely isnt a hard game.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

because the majority of commercial coders are lazy as hell with open code that is easy as all hell to crack, especially pre-built solutions.

It's scary how many big corporations are very open to the trained eye.

#!

I think there's two reasons:

Lack of skill, the worst kind.

Or

Want to make the game more interesting, can be entertaining in some games if everyone is in on it, but are usually a pain in the arse too and just trying to show off.

to boost their ego, for compensation of their tiny dick. ;)

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

To make you mad...simple as that. Tho there might be other reasons so it varies why not go ask from hacking forum?

To make you mad...simple as that. Tho there might be other reasons so it varies why not go ask from hacking forum?

Most hacking forums are full of nothing but asses. Why not ask more respectable people? 

Most hacking forums are full of nothing but asses. Why not ask more respectable people? 

That's like asking from a police officer why did the criminal steal food from the store.

If you ask from the person who did it he might say he didn't have any money for food and was hungry so he had to steal.

So why would you ask it here where most people think cheaters are doing it cus they aren't good and etc. 

That's like asking from a police officer why did the criminal steal food from the store.

If you ask from the person who did it he might say he didn't have any money for food and was hungry so he had to steal.

So why would you ask it here where most people think cheaters are doing it cus they aren't good and etc. 

If I go to a hacking forum they will say the same thing or just go "Because I can". Why would I go out of my way, make a new account, on a HACKING FORUM to ask a question i can ask here? 

That's like going to cop but first going into training to be a cop just to ask the food question. 

This is in the off topic section for a reason. It's off topic.