Ultimate 900D Build - TTG

TheTechGenius

ir2dg8.png

Introduction

I wanted to start a build log for this build because I am spending so much money on this build, I think I should share it with everyone. I have been building gaming computers for a very long time, actually I have just built a brand new rig last year. But ever since the Corsair 900D came out, I was dieing to build a PC inside it.

Even though I have been building gaming computers for so long, this will be the most expensive and most time consuming build I have ever done. I will be sleeving my own cables, I will be using some Di-NOC Carbon Fiber Vinyl Wrap, I will be soldering my own LEDs together, and much more!

I have not started the build yet, but trust me, its coming really soon. I am waiting for all the parts to come to my house, and I have to wait for some parts to be In-Stock to order them. I am spending around $8,000 USD on this build, I will even spend more if I have to. I will not be cutting any corners, trust me. You will see a lot of custom work being done with this build.

Since I am the only person building this beast, it may take some time to finish it. But I will make sure that all my free time goes into this build, from start to finish.

Parts List (So Far)

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VI EXTREME LGA 1150 Intel Z87
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
GPU(s): x2 EVGA GTX 780 Ti (SLI) (I might get another one for 3-Way SLI) - (I might get x2/x3 EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n ED. Not sure yet)
SSD(s): x4 SAMSUNG 840 EVO 500GB (RAID0)

HDD(s): x4 WD RED 4TB (RAID5) (Im not exactly sure if I want to put them in RAID5 or not yet)
RAM: CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 32GB (4 x 8GB)
RAID Controller: LSI MegaRAID SATA/SAS 9260-8i
PSU: CORSAIR AXi series AX1200i 1200W

I am also getting x3 3D monitors for 3D Nvidia Surround. I am even thinking about building my own custom computer desk.

NOTES:

The reason I have not listed the cooling parts is because I am not 100% positive which parts I will be using. However, I do know I am going with a compete custom liquid cooling system. I will be getting Water Blocks for everything I can, GPUs, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, etc...

I will be using x2 Quad Rads, and x1 Tripe Rads, 1 or 2 Pumps, T-Virus Res (Red Cathodes/LEDs).

I will post the Liquid Cooling parts and supplies as I order them. I will also keep updating this post as this build progresses. I will take you guys/girls with me every step of the way, so keep checking back. ;) If anyone has any suggestions for this project, please let me know, post in this thread.

And one more thing, after this build is complete, I am giving it to my 5 year old son.

Ultimate 900D Build - Build Log (In Progress) - TheTechGenius MODs

And one more thing, after this build is complete, I am giving it to my 5 year old son.

You are a nice dad!

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Subbed. But No way you are giving it to our 5 year old son.

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

Dis-Gun-Be-Gud-Bear-Chair.gif

WHATS IN THE BOX

CPU: i7-4770k CPU Cooler: NH-D14 RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb GPU: EVGA Superclocked 780 ti MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Gene PSU: Corsair RM 850 Case: Bitfenix Prodigy M

I once said something like this, but I ended up keeping it. It was all my hard work. Sharing is so stupid nowadays...

What's a 5 year going to do with £5000 pc?

I KNOEE RWIGHTT!!!! All I know when I was five I broke everything I saw C:

Play with the pipes and try to climb inside the 900D its what I would of done at 5 xD

I love my son so much, I wish I could give him the world. And to him, a custom gaming PC is the world. lol

I built a gaming PC for my son last year too, its a beast. It has an i7 3770K, x2 GTX 660s SLI- Upgraded him to x2 GTX 680s in SLI, 16GB G.Skill RAM, Asrock Extreme 4 mobo, in a Corsair 650D, with a full custom liquid cooling loop. He plays a bunch of games, MineCraft, Garrys Mod, Left 4 Dead 2, GTA4, COD, games like that. And with a build like the one I am building, he will be amazed with everything you can do, like the Triple 3D Monitor setup. lol. And the PC will be on his desk, its not like its going to be going anywhere. Trust me, its not leaving that desk. Its going to be to heavy, and cost to much money to be moved anywhere. lol

I always taught my son to take care of his things. Check this out, do you know how little kids leave finger prints on CDs and DVDs, because they don't know how to handle them?

When my son picks up a Disc (Cd or Dvd), he picks it up by the center ring, so one finger is in the ring, and another finger is on the outer edge of the Disc, so there is no finger prints. He takes good care of his things, he is also VERY smart for his age. Trust me, I wouldn't be building such an expensive PC for him, if I knew he wouldn't take care of it. And I am far from rich, I have been saving for an entire year for this build, and i get my Income Tax check within a few weeks.

Play with the pipes and try to climb inside the 900D its what I would of done at 5 xD

:D I probably would have taken it apart carefully and then not known how to put it back together... Hell, I still so that now!

hello

This, when he has it figured out.

toolbars1.jpg

Club Penguin.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

I love my son so much, I wish I could give him the world. And to him, a custom gaming PC is the world. lol

I built a gaming PC for my son last year too, its a beast. It has an i7 3770K, x2 GTX 660s SLI- Upgraded him to x2 GTX 680s in SLI, 16GB G.Skill RAM, Asrock Extreme 4 mobo, in a Corsair 650D, with a full custom liquid cooling loop. He plays a bunch of games, MineCraft, Garrys Mod, Left 4 Dead 2, GTA4, COD, games like that. And with a build like the one I am building, he will be amazed with everything you can do, like the Triple 3D Monitor setup. lol. And the PC will be on his desk, its not like its going to be going anywhere. Trust me, its not leaving that desk. Its going to be to heavy, and cost to much money to be moved anywhere. lol

I always taught my son to take care of his things. Check this out, do you know how little kids leave finger prints on CDs and DVDs, because they don't know how to handle them?

When my son picks up a Disc (Cd or Dvd), he picks it up by the center ring, so one finger is in the ring, and another finger is on the outer edge of the Disc, so there is no finger prints. He takes good care of his things, he is also VERY smart for his age. Trust me, I wouldn't be building such an expensive PC for him, if I knew he wouldn't take care of it. And I am far from rich, I have been saving for an entire year for this build, and i get my Income Tax check within a few weeks.

I did that with my Cds and no one cared :C I am glad you did for your son....

You get to use still right? 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

You get to use still right? 

Nope. Its his son's. By the laws of sonship, daddys are not allowed and are strictly off limits to touch things given to the son. 

I was going to go with the ASUS Maximus VI Formula motherboard, since it already has a liquid cooling block and it has the ROG Armor, it also has very good On-board sound, but it doesn't support 3-Way SLI. If there are 2 x8 cards in the first two slots, the 3rd PCI-E slot will run at x4, and SLI Cannot run at x4, and the LSI RAID Card cannot run at x4 either, it needs to be ran at x8. So the VI Formula was out of the question, it sucks though, because I really like that board.

With the Maximus VI Extreme, I can run all 4 PCI-E slots like this: x8/x16/x8/x8 (Thats with all slots in use, 3-Way SLI and the RAID Card) OR x8/x16/x8 (2-Way SLI and the RAID Card).  Yeah, its more money, but it has everything I need to build this system without sacrificing the RAID Card.

Mother of god :o. Definitely wanting to see more of this when the time is there!

PC: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.3GHZ | Corsair H100i | ASUS ROG Maximus IV Hero | ASUS R9 280X DCII TOP 3GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHZ | Samsung Evo 250GB | 2TB Seagate Baracudda | Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed

You're going to need a custom desk because if you have those monitors side by side in landscape mode they're going to take a considerable amount of space and the way L desks are - they may not provide a optimal viewing experience. Looking forward to this - you're running at least 4k on this build, lol.

If you really need all that bandwidth for your PCI-E lanes, why not go for LGA 2011?

More native bandwidth > PLX chips

I would also recommend you look at other cases than the 900D, while it is good, The QC issues that corsair has and build quality issues I wouldn't go for that case in a higher end rig. Personally, I would recommend you look at cases from Caselabs. There build quality, QC, and options is not surpassed by anyone.