What water bottle do you use?

Nine Tailed Fox

I use a vacuum water bottle. Like those sort of new-ish design ones. They are actually really really good as a thermos, so you make a coffee in the morning, still too hot to drink by lunch. Great for super cold water on a bike trip. 

cheap, cycling bottles. costs about 4 usd a piece.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

10 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

what is the point? Just use the plastic water bottle it comes with.

My water comes from the faucet though. Because it's not filled with lead and other crap here.

https://www.amazon.com/Contigo-AUTOSPOUT-Ashland-Stainless-Bottle/dp/B01D67AB4I?th=1
Keeps my water ice cold throughout the entire day. Some reviews says it leaks but... I honestly haven't experienced that at all.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I am using a company branded water-bottle that was made for these Beva or w/e seltzer water machines we have here. I guess for me it is a bitter sweet thing. They gave us these fancy water machines and yet took away all of the soda machines ?

I use a 64oz Yeti rambler while I'm at work, it's a beast.  One in the morning and one in the afternoon. ?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Why would you use a plastic water bottle?

Obviously some parts of the world don’t have safe drinking water - that’s a problem. 

I personally live in Canada, and the vast majority of tap water is perfectly safe to drink. 

I use a Thermoflask vacuum insulated bottle I got Fromm costco in a 2-pack.

ThermoFlask Stainless Steel 40-Ounce Water Bottle (Light Blue/Black), 2-Piece https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B078NKV2WN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_smcwDb6DJYJHT

It was only like $30 at Costco though - the bottles are massive and well worth it. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I don't really have a water bottle, but if I need one I just reuse a plastic bottle lol.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

I have a purple nalgene I like

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

At home/school I just have glasses of water, but at work I have (WD branded) metal bottle. Pretty easy to clean and holds my water plenty cool for me. 

Personally i hate drinking from plastic, especially if it gets hotter :/

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 hours ago, Monkey Dust said:

Am I a weirdo for drinking water out of a glass?

Yes, you are. For drinking water, that is; the glass has nothing to do with it.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Some stainless steel Contigo 16 oz. 

12 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Yay for plastic waste.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

I use one of these Brita Vital bottles, because I can fill it up anywhere without having to worry about the quality of the water, which considering I spend an awful lot of time travelling around, is very important

Plus, I literally can't drink the tap water at one of our houses because it has slightly hard water, but the filter in the bottle makes it drinkable. At the other house we have moderately soft water so it tastes nice straight from the tap, but I still use the bottle anyway because I hate drinking water from a glass

The only downside to these is the price of the filters, it's about £10 for a pack of 3.

I have plenty of the filter discs from my original Brita Fill and Go Bottle so I've just 3D printed an adaptor 

brita_fillandgo_vital_blue.png

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Vacancy - Looking for applicants, please send CV

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G6 - Platinum (The best colour of any phone, period)

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

19 hours ago, yolosnail said:

I use one of these Brita Vital bottles, because I can fill it up anywhere without having to worry about the quality of the water, which considering I spend an awful lot of time travelling around, is very important

Plus, I literally can't drink the tap water at one of our houses because it has slightly hard water, but the filter in the bottle makes it drinkable. At the other house we have moderately soft water so it tastes nice straight from the tap, but I still use the bottle anyway because I hate drinking water from a glass

The only downside to these is the price of the filters, it's about £10 for a pack of 3.

I have plenty of the filter discs from my original Brita Fill and Go Bottle so I've just 3D printed an adaptor 

brita_fillandgo_vital_blue.png

Keep in mind that Brita doesn't filter out a lot of stuff. If water is contaminated with pathogens like E.Coli, a Brita is not going to protect you. They mostly filter out metals and other particulate matter.

https://www.brita.com/why-brita/what-we-filter/

Independent testing has confirmed that it does do a damn good job at removing most of the stuff it claims, though.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

17 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind that Brita doesn't filter out a lot of stuff. If water is contaminated with pathogens like E.Coli, a Brita is not going to protect you. They mostly filter out metals and other particulate matter.

Independent testing has confirmed that it does do a damn good job at removing most of the stuff it claims, though.

That's ok. Our tap water is pretty safe to drink here. I mean, for now at least.

40 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Honestly I use it for the taste more than anything! I only fill it up from drinking water taps, and from shops that offer free water bottle refills so the water is theoretically already safe to drink, but I prefer having the extra filter anyway

Laptop:

Spoiler

HP OMEN 15 - Intel Core i7 9750H, 16GB DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15.6" 1080p 144Hz IPS display

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

2009 Mac Pro 8 Core - 2 x Xeon E5520, 16GB DDR3 1333 ECC, 120GB SATA SSD, AMD Radeon 7850. Soon to be upgraded to 2 x 6 Core Xeons

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

A hydration pack... Overkill, but fun.

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

2 hours ago, TechyBen said:

That's ok. Our tap water is pretty safe to drink here. I mean, for now at least.

Ours too. Very few places in Canada with unsafe drinking water. I was more pointing out that the person I quoted was saying he could pretty much travel anywhere without worrying about the water. That’s not true. 

1 hour ago, yolosnail said:

Honestly I use it for the taste more than anything! I only fill it up from drinking water taps, and from shops that offer free water bottle refills so the water is theoretically already safe to drink, but I prefer having the extra filter anyway

That’s good - just do your research if traveling the countries that you’re not familiar

with. Some countries you literally need to boil the water to make it safe. 

2 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Ours too. Very few places in Canada with unsafe drinking water. I was more pointing out that the person I quoted was saying he could pretty much travel anywhere without worrying about the water. That’s not true. 

That’s good - just do your research if traveling the countries that you’re not familiar

with. Some countries you literally need to boil the water to make it safe. 

Good thing I don't leave the country then!

To be honest, even when I went to France and Spain, I didn't drink their tap water!

Laptop:

Spoiler

PC:

Spoiler

Mac:

Spoiler

Phones:

Spoiler

LG G7 - Moroccan Blue

Camelbak Podium dirt chill 21oz for my bike generally. It's insulation kinda sucks but it's better then my CamelBak Chute which can't fit in my bottle cage anyway.  

13135279.jpg

I got a glacier point insulted steel bottle as well and it's seriously good for keeping water cold in my usage. I don't use the straw cap it comes with just the metal insulated cap with D- ding. These things should be a few dollars less then 20 USD on amazon prime. 71zSk0J84BL._SL1500_.jpg

I use a cheap bottle i found at Ikea. Makes my water taste like plastic though...