please help amazon scammed me with a computer.

EDIT: The above info was posted while I was still typing and adds a few more questions to this, but overall I still maintain what I say below.

OK I'm going to start off by saying things might be different in other countries, but i have a few issues with all of this. 

1. Amazon does not scam customers. They are not the most morally correct company by a long shot, but they do so well because they ALWAYS take care of the customer. Faster shipping, easier refunds, etc. They do so well by paying crap to their workers, squeezing as much life out of workers as possible, and then making the BEST customer service available for the customer. If Amazon themselves were in the business of scamming and stealing from customers, they would not be in business long. The sellers on the other hand, might be using the platform to scam and steal. Amazon is GIGANTIC, and I'm sure despite their best efforts a few bad cookies end up in the market. I've had an experience where an item was not what I ordered. 5 minutes talking with Amazon and they had the correct item out to me with next day shipping, a $10 coupon for my next order, and a prepaid return label in my email to send the wrong item back.

TLDR: Amazon doesn't treat customers like that, which is why they are so successful.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:20 PM, victor aravena said:

ammazon scammers.JPG

As I mentioned in my experience, when amazon does a return, they start the return on the site and give you a prepaid return label to send it back with. This has tracking info on it. You can verify whether that return got back to them. You haven't posted everything, and I assume that's for privacy concerns. With what I've seen, the response from Amazon seems highly out of character with the experience I've had from them. If you have the return tracking info, records of all the chats you've mentioned, then there is no reason that you can't get your money back. This may have to do with shipping from overseas, or support being in another country. Without seeing all the chats to verify everything, I can't be sure.

3. As much as we can see the video as proof, there's no way to say for sure you didn't take an older surface model you had already, put it back in a box, tape it up and film yourself opening it, then do a switcheroo with the correct item you ordered just to try and scam amazon. I don't think at all you did this, but from amazons perspective, legally you filming the unboxing is not proof of anything. the chat records are what matters. Usually you get email records of these chats. You want to find these, because they have the official email address sent from amazon. Screenshots can be doctored, so again you need the originals. CALL amazon support, get a supervisor on the line and see what happens. Again support may be worse where you are, but here, I wouldn't even need a supervisor to get this fixed up in 10 minutes.

4. If your bank says they "don't care" because they weren't involved in the transaction, you need to get a new bank. Any bank, credit card, or other financial institution worth a grain of salt has identity theft insurance and a procedure to handle these things. It might be a pain in the butt process and a week of "investigation", but no bank should refuse to file a claim of fraud against the transaction. I've done it before for a bill that I intended to pay, but they came out a week early and made my account negative. I told the bank what happened, showed a history of the bill coming out on the xth day of every month for the last 2 years, and they agreed, took the money back, waived the nsf fee on their side. It took 3 days to do this, but the nsf fee was $35 and we needed what was in the bank to get gas until payday. 

5. I'm not saying I don't believe your story, but I feel that EVERYONE you're talking to is apparently treating you like dirt. It's not often for any of the institutions you've mentioned to act the way you say they are acting, let alone all of them despite plenty of evidence that they are responsible for taking some action. I think a third party seller gave you the wrong item. Not sure if it was a mistake or a scam, but that's the risk of third party sellers vs buying it thorough microsoft directly

I think there is some lack in civil communication here preventing this experience from going better for you. To further my point, you posted screenshots of reviews, so i'll post one as well.

image.png.dd225993b636fadf38b5c62a66394536.png

there's lots of this on their page, but in every instance where someone claims they got the wrong product, Amazon support immediately take responsibility for it because they stored, packed and shipped the product for the vendor, as seen in the screenshot below from the product page

image.png.411a07e9b07990d7977ede2195df30b9.png

The seller is giving them the bad product, either through mistake or malicious intent, and amazon is doing the distribution. Your return should be going back to amazon not the seller, and amazon should be handling any disputes and returns.

The process is there and has been used by many before you for much cheaper items. Without seeing the full chat history, I can only assume there's something you haven't told us, some push back amazon gave you about why they won't refund. This all seems too "everyone is against me and scamming me and no one cares and everyone has awful customer support". 

6. You claim that amazon won't give you the refund, but your screenshot of the chat above does not say they WON'T refund you, just that they have to get the item first, which is normal. Now that brings back to you claiming they did get it, you have tracking, and they said they're "keeping your computer and money". This is not a really possible solution to be honest. Most of this return process is automated. The second that returned item hits the warehouse, it is scanned in and inspected. the second the inspector sees the computer inside and hits the checkmark or whatever they use, the system marks it for refund and begins processing your money back. The chat members you have been talking to aren't scummy warehouse workers assigned to your case. These are call center agents hundreds or thousands of miles away, checking a system and telling you the info they see. They can't "keep the computer and your money". Once the item is scanned in, it goes back to inventory or to wherever they put damaged items. either way to take that out of either, they've processed the refund already. And the chat agents have no access to the warehouse. TLDR of all of this is that it doesn't sound right, we need to see the chat records you mentioned where they confirmed having received the computer and said they would keep it and not refund you. Too much is going against you on this and there's a piece of the puzzle missing.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

ok first, yes, i am sort of rude when talkig to chat support but because i am mad of getting scammed, sure it is not the best shoud try to avoid it...

second i will attach SOME of the contradictory answers and lies they have told me. (and me been rude, the day i realized they scammed me i even got sick of my stomach never felt so  mad in my life im sorry)

i repeat, they have told me every possible lie about this scam, i was told once they sent me two items and that they would keep it for them(lie)

then i was told the item was going to be sent back to me (the never sent it, lie)

then i was told they did not got the item (another CONTRADICTORY LIE)

one support even  gave me a fake tracking number.

they have invented every possible situation to reject my refund.

edit. after carefully checking all the mails i think i understadnd what trick they are trying. the initial return got edited july 23 by one of them and they are making it appear as if uv got two items delivered (lie, easy to prove, got only one package) and they are prettending i returned the item because it was aditionally shiped to me. i guess that is why they refunded only for import. damn scammers.

suport telling me to return the wrong surface for refund.png

suport telling me to return the wrong surface for refund 2.png

support guys saying my item was resent.png

lies a oyt my item been returned.png

duport guy telling me go return the wrong surface pro 5 for return.png

initial return.png

altered return .png

amazon doesnt scam and if its delivered but they didnt receive it.

contact postal service, hopefully you shipped with insurance.

get your money back that way all you need to say is amazon didnt receive the package and they must of delivered to wrong address. let them do an investigation

another option dispute with your credit card the order saying you shipped entire unit back but they are refusing to issue refund

3 minutes ago, tech.guru said:

amazon doesnt scam and if its delivered but they didnt receive it.

contact postal service, hopefully you shipped with insurance.

get your money back that way all you need to say is amazon didnt receive the package and they must of delivered to wrong address. let them do an investigation

1 yes they do. multiple reviews comfirm even on youtube. i used amazon for years without problem that is why i blind trusted them.

2. as you can see in previous documents, i got my carrier to give me EEUU Tracking and they send me the signed firmed document of delivery...

5 hours ago, Jtalk4456 said:

the chat records are what matters. Usually you get email records of these chats. You want to find these, because they have the official email address sent from amazon.

at this rate i am willing to send ALL the chat transcripts and messages so people realizes how they lied and keep doing so to keep the scam. if any body wants that send me your mail.

and if i am been questioned with this amount of evidence and more then 10 people scammed the same on that seller and lots more on others then i dont know what to think...

i registeted the item i got wrong the exact same day i got it delivered, and that is how i realized it was the wrong model. also, i youncan easily track a computer age with system info, you can see the cycles of the battery and the amount of time the cpu has been ON, the amount of times it was turned on  and off. im telling you the truth always reveals the computer i sent back was the same they delivered to me only used it one day and sent bavk...

i would love to try my rusty spoken english but i dont know how to call support from chile, i tried it with the number the support guy gave me and only got errors

amazon keeps crosslining this bad reviews so they dont count, they lie about taking actions on them, god knows how many of the other scammed guys sent it back too for a refund and got their computer confiscated as i did. they told from the beggining they would investigate and do something about this vendor and the wrong info on the techspecs of the product and yet there is still wrong info (the listed cpu is not the correct one) and the vendor is still selling like nothing happened, i blind trusted them with this because i used amazon for years before without any problem, purchased some vmodas wireless headphones, samsng 970 pro nvme and many other stuff.

wrong tech specs surface.png

Wow this is a mess. OK. Without trying to unravel everything my interpretation is that Amazon received the returned item, then for whatever reason decided to ship it back to you with a stated 7-10 day shipping time.

So I advise you patiently wait and see if you receive a package. While you are waiting, talk to your bank and learn if there is any time limit on canceling charges. You can also try to ask Amazon for tracking info for the package that is being sent, though be clear, precise, and straightforward. You're interactions so far are such chaos that I'm not surprised Amazon seems to be confused about the whole thing as well. 

Also, that $47 dollars return was from the original import fees. This is typical that Amazon will return some money after completing import and not having to pay as much as expected.

7 hours ago, harryk said:

Wow this is a mess. OK. Without trying to unravel everything my interpretation is that Amazon received the returned item, then for whatever reason decided to ship it back to you with a stated 7-10 day shipping time.

So I advise you patiently wait and see if you receive a package. While you are waiting, talk to your bank and learn if there is any time limit on canceling charges. You can also try to ask Amazon for tracking info for the package that is being sent, though be clear, precise, and straightforward. You're interactions so far are such chaos that I'm not surprised Amazon seems to be confused about the whole thing as well. 

Also, that $47 dollars return was from the original import fees. This is typical that Amazon will return some money after completing import and not having to pay as much as expected.

the return back to me of my item is a LIE they never sent it or planned to do. and they even gave me a fake tracking number while the return status has never been updated, the delivery never been registered officially and later they tried to negate they even got the item until i shower them the signed document and tracking info.

sorry i uploaded the files not in order, as i said i am willing to send all the chat transcrips if anybody need them that will hep with dates and order.... 

17 hours ago, victor aravena said:

but there is lot more irregular stuff here, they have not updated the return refund status and while they say they dont have the item there is a mere 47$ refund i didnt noticed and they never mentioned, tht doesnt even cover the carrier ticket!

are they trying now to get away with a ridiculous refund?

I believe that particular bit should not worry you: that is not the refund you requested, I think, but a different refund they did on their own because the import duties were lower than the amount they charged you in advance to deal with import duties. So, the $47 is a refund you would have gotten even if they had delivered the Surface Pro 6 and without any claim.

The other refund seems to be on "waiting to receive the item" status.

THIS IS REAL, THIS IS SERIOUS, all amazon surface pro sellers are scamming.

who can explain why the box brand new sealed has printed surface pro 6 and a surface pro 5 stickers and product inside? is it all a Microsoft move to get rid of old units? did microsoft pay amazon to do this?.

truth is all surface pro sellers on amazon are scamming and i not only got scammed once but twice, the second time amazon confiscated my surface pro without giving me the refund and they are probably re selling it to anothe costumer who paid for a pricier model, and who knows how many othe guys tried to get a refund and amazon stole their computer too. SHAME. 

I will try my last shot on this talking to my bank, since not even microsoft helped at all and they are probably on the roots of this.

NOTICE the 100% positive rating and how amazon keeps crosslining this reviews and allowing these sellers to keep scamming. 

all sellers are scamming with amazon.png

Charge back on your credit card. you no longer have the item they shipped you in your possession so they should no longer have the money you gave them. Get your money back first and fight with them later... 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

1 minute ago, AntiTrust said:

Charge back on your credit card. you no longer have the item they shipped you in your possession so they should no longer have the money you gave them. Get your money back first and fight with them later... 

gonna do some prayers to get my money back from my card bank. but that is sort of offtopic now.

the important is that i hope it is clear there is a shady scamm going on on amazon and there is a LOT of people been victim... so this post hopefully creates awearness or makes that somebody do something about it... i know its hard to believe i used amazon for years no problem until now. THEY ARE SCAMMING.

Just charge back your card if they are not co-operating, lodge a formal complaint with Amazon about the seller,then let it go, no use getting all bent out of shape and raising your blood pressure.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Not sure if it was mentioned. But if there is a part of your government that provides consumer protection. This might me the time to call. I once had a billing issue with a Urgent Care, who kept sending a bill I had paid. I had proof I paid. They sent it to collections. I was able to get it resolved with the collections agency. Turned the Urgent Care in to the Attorney Generals office of my state. No fines were given but the letter I got back had proof that the government tapped them on the shoulder and told them to straighten up. That Urgent Care later closed. It’s all fun and games until the government gets involved. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

boi... i feel bad just reading this... did you get your money back ?

1. DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT
  2. You didn't document enough, document harder
  3. Contact Seller
  4. Contact Amazon
  5. Contact Payment Processor (e.g. Paypal if you used one) 
  6. Contact Bank/Credit Union
  7. If you use a bank and they deny dispute:
    Contact the Federal Reserve Consumer Help

If you use a credit union and they deny dispute:
    Contact the NCUA Consumer Assistance Center
  8. Contact a Lawyer/State Bar

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

33 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:
  • If you use a bank and they deny dispute:
    Contact the Federal Reserve Consumer Help

If you use a credit union and they deny dispute:
    Contact the NCUA Consumer Assistance Center
  • Contact a Lawyer/State Bar

Do note that he's in Chile.  Not sure if some of that language assumes a US-based system.  But it's still overall good advice.

On 8/3/2019 at 8:01 AM, victor aravena said:

i did by phone and they said they dont care, or that they cannot negate payments because they are just an intermediary but i will try on site. i wish i could simply tell them i got scammed and avoid the payment but i would get red flagged on everysingle retail store or bank entity in my country, will try to talk to them with the evidence. thanks.

WTF are you talking about?  red flagged?

When people talk like this, it concerns me that their story is false and they are infact the scammers.  Regular people do what needs to be done to get their shit taken care of, not worry about red-flagging or saying that a company "says they don't care".  No company has EVER told me just just "don't care".  Even EVGA (dickholes) was pollite and reasonable when fucking me over.

What did contacting Surface Pro Support have to do with someone selling you a wrong item?

Call your bank, call Amazon, call the seller.  Escalate until you get your money back.  Period.

Edit:   I know that not everyone can, but I don't buy online unless it's with a fraud protection credit card.  I must have the option to dispute a charge.  Some folks pay with debit cards which takes the money out of their account immediately and has less options for getting it returned.  

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

1 hour ago, LogicWeasel said:

Do note that he's in Chile.  Not sure if some of that language assumes a US-based system.  But it's still overall good advice.

WHOOPS. I missed that part. Give me a bit to see what regulatory agencies Chile uses for banks (if any)

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

At this point I would file a change back and a BBB complaint.Then post everything on like twitter or Facebook tagging amazon and stuff.

3 minutes ago, aham1 said:

AT this point I would file a change back and a BBB complaint.Then post everything on like twitter or Facebook tagging amazon and stuff.

BBB is just a glorified Yelp for old people. 

7 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

BBB is just a glorified Yelp for old people. 

But it dose get stuff done unlike yelp. 9 time out of 10 your complaint goes to someone very high up. Like the CEO's office or to a VP.

Anything thing that sometimes works is to call up there support line and scream and yell like hell over and over again not stopping until you get your way. I know its not right to do to the support rep but it works as a lest resort.

On 8/5/2019 at 2:56 AM, victor aravena said:

at this rate i am willing to send ALL the chat transcripts and messages so people realizes how they lied and keep doing so to keep the scam. if any body wants that send me your mail.

and if i am been questioned with this amount of evidence and more then 10 people scammed the same on that seller and lots more on others then i dont know what to think...

i would love to try my rusty spoken english but i dont know how to call support from chile, i tried it with the number the support guy gave me and only got errors

amazon keeps crosslining this bad reviews so they dont count, they lie about taking actions on them, god knows how many of the other scammed guys sent it back too for a refund and got their computer confiscated as i did. they told from the beggining they would investigate and do something about this vendor and the wrong info on the techspecs of the product and yet there is still wrong info (the listed cpu is not the correct one) and the vendor is still selling like nothing happened, i blind trusted them with this because i used amazon for years before without any problem, purchased some vmodas wireless headphones, samsng 970 pro nvme and many other stuff.

On 8/8/2019 at 8:17 PM, victor aravena said:

THIS IS REAL, THIS IS SERIOUS, all amazon surface pro sellers are scamming.

who can explain why the box brand new sealed has printed surface pro 6 and a surface pro 5 stickers and product inside? is it all a Microsoft move to get rid of old units? did microsoft pay amazon to do this?.

truth is all surface pro sellers on amazon are scamming and i not only got scammed once but twice, the second time amazon confiscated my surface pro without giving me the refund and they are probably re selling it to anothe costumer who paid for a pricier model, and who knows how many othe guys tried to get a refund and amazon stole their computer too. SHAME. 

I will try my last shot on this talking to my bank, since not even microsoft helped at all and they are probably on the roots of this.

NOTICE the 100% positive rating and how amazon keeps crosslining this reviews and allowing these sellers to keep scamming. 

I do not want to entirely discount your bad experience here, but I do want to tone it down a great deal. I don't know you, this is my first time talking to you, so i really have no baseline to judge or trust. But even assuming everything you say happened, you are still trying to point this as amazon scamming, and I can't buy into that

Per Business Insider – Amazon averaged 306 transactions per second at their peak in 2012. That's 26.5M transactions per day.Oct 31, 2018

If amazon scammed even 1/100th of a percent of transactions, that would be 2600 angry customers every day writing into the BBB and reporting fraud with their bank. If this happened, Amazon would not be where it is today, plain and simple.

Could the seller be scamming you? Sure

There are over 5 million marketplace sellers across all Amazon marketplaces.Jul 3, 2019

Nobody can keep track of 5 million sellers without a few bad ones slipping through

all amazon surface pro sellers are scamming.

No, you haven't bought a surface from every seller to know this. This is you simply exaggerating (lying) for dramatic effect. There's plenty of reviews even for this seller that say they got the correct item and it works fine. 

There's far too much dramatic language in here, accusations being thrown around like a frisbee, everyone being against helping you, that sort of thing that makes the story tough to believe. I can tell you for sure amazon is not a scamming company. I order from them more than twice a week and have never been scammed. I have ordered everything from baby powder and diapers to computer parts and not had a lick of trouble. Any time shipping has messed up, they've immediately apologized, fixed the problem, and given me a coupon too. And I'm not yelling at them demanding compensation, I just tell them what happened, they fix it and THEY decided to give a coupon. I've never pushed or even asked for that. You have been very upset in all the writing and even chat transcripts you've posted. You make broad accusations even saying

since not even microsoft helped at all and they are probably on the roots of this.

What part of any of this would be rooted in microsoft?? They make the product then sell to vendors. It's out of their hands at that point unless you buy it directly from microsoft. microsoft had no part in this transaction. They did not sell ship or manage any part of this transaction. It only makes sense they couldn't help.

As for the strikethroughs, it is a controversial system, but it's there to prevent issues that are not the sellers fault from hurting the sellers rating and unfairly discouraging sales. If you look below the strikethrough, it says it was done because the item was fulfilled by amazon and they will take responsibility for the issue. What this means is that the seller gave the product to amazon, amazon said it was all good, then when you ordered amazon sent the wrong product. This means that any wrong products could be just an amazon worker who grabbed from the wrong bin. Now this wouldn't change a judgement of how their returns have dealt with the problem according to you, but it does mean that Amazon made a mistake in shipping the wrong one. And if that's the case as I'm assuming, then Amazon should strike through the review, as that would have nothing to do with the seller. 

Between you accusing ALL SURFACE SELLERS and Amazon as a whole to accusing Microsoft themselves, this is far too dramatized for me to make any serious assumptions. So I will not be needing to read through records or see emails. I'm out of this one. Either you have a very fringe case with terrible luck of getting the worst customer service agents ever or you're leaving out very important details or flat out lying to us. I have no desire to figure out which one it is and I believe that, from the transcripts you've already shown, your inflammatory and accusatory language has at the very least made the situation worse on yourself by making those trying to help you less apt to do so.

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

On 8/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, Jtalk4456 said:

I do not want to entirely discount your bad experience here, but I do want to tone it down a great deal. I don't know you, this is my first time talking to you, so i really have no baseline to judge or trust. But even assuming everything you say happened, you are still trying to point this as amazon scamming, and I can't buy into that

If amazon scammed even 1/100th of a percent of transactions, that would be 2600 angry customers every day writing into the BBB and reporting fraud with their bank. If this happened, Amazon would not be where it is today, plain and simple.

Could the seller be scamming you? Sure

Nobody can keep track of 5 million sellers without a few bad ones slipping through

No, you haven't bought a surface from every seller to know this. This is you simply exaggerating (lying) for dramatic effect. There's plenty of reviews even for this seller that say they got the correct item and it works fine. 

There's far too much dramatic language in here, accusations being thrown around like a frisbee, everyone being against helping you, that sort of thing that makes the story tough to believe. I can tell you for sure amazon is not a scamming company. I order from them more than twice a week and have never been scammed. I have ordered everything from baby powder and diapers to computer parts and not had a lick of trouble. Any time shipping has messed up, they've immediately apologized, fixed the problem, and given me a coupon too. And I'm not yelling at them demanding compensation, I just tell them what happened, they fix it and THEY decided to give a coupon. I've never pushed or even asked for that. You have been very upset in all the writing and even chat transcripts you've posted. You make broad accusations even saying

What part of any of this would be rooted in microsoft?? They make the product then sell to vendors. It's out of their hands at that point unless you buy it directly from microsoft. microsoft had no part in this transaction. They did not sell ship or manage any part of this transaction. It only makes sense they couldn't help.

As for the strikethroughs, it is a controversial system, but it's there to prevent issues that are not the sellers fault from hurting the sellers rating and unfairly discouraging sales. If you look below the strikethrough, it says it was done because the item was fulfilled by amazon and they will take responsibility for the issue. What this means is that the seller gave the product to amazon, amazon said it was all good, then when you ordered amazon sent the wrong product. This means that any wrong products could be just an amazon worker who grabbed from the wrong bin. Now this wouldn't change a judgement of how their returns have dealt with the problem according to you, but it does mean that Amazon made a mistake in shipping the wrong one. And if that's the case as I'm assuming, then Amazon should strike through the review, as that would have nothing to do with the seller. 

Between you accusing ALL SURFACE SELLERS and Amazon as a whole to accusing Microsoft themselves, this is far too dramatized for me to make any serious assumptions. So I will not be needing to read through records or see emails. I'm out of this one. Either you have a very fringe case with terrible luck of getting the worst customer service agents ever or you're leaving out very important details or flat out lying to us. I have no desire to figure out which one it is and I believe that, from the transcripts you've already shown, your inflammatory and accusatory language has at the very least made the situation worse on yourself by making those trying to help you less apt to do so.

In other words, you dont believe me because i am pissedoff and paranoid trying to find the guilty after been scammed with 900$ and you dont care if i am saying the truth. I Wonder how would you react if you saved for a long time to make a buy like this and you get scammed while some random dude is telling you are liying after showing all the evidence. Anyway i will just ignore super amazon fans that deny the truth, and probably not reply to this topic anymore until i know if i will get my money back from my bank, i did a juditial demand and i am waiting...

Victor...

I do feel sorry for you... Truly...

We tried to explain to you that you took it backwards... You made accusations, you did insult the customer service, etc.

Now it's too late to say this, but this kind of merchandise? I personally NEVER buy it if it's not from Amazon directly (as in "sold and shipped by Amazon").

You chose a partner seller. Not amazon, another seller who used their shipping platform. And then you accused Amazon, when they are not responsible for the merchandise, all they did was shipping a parcel.

"One can't catch flies with vinegar", it's just as simple as that...

I understand you come from Chile, and that it'ss VERY difficult there for the past years. I understand that it is a lot of money... I do...

And I even can understand how cheated you could feel, betrayed in so many ways.

But you also need to understand that you can't go raving around, making accusation and refusing to hear any other point of view than the one you created for yourself...

Your reaction was very awkward and inappropriate from the very beginning. You didn't come here for "help", you came and posted to get validation.

And in all truthfulness that is not something we, as individuals or members of this forum, can give you.

Can you understand what I'm trying to explain to you?

On 8/17/2019 at 4:36 PM, victor aravena said:

In other words, you dont believe me because i am pissedoff and paranoid trying to find the guilty after been scammed with 900$ and you dont care if i am saying the truth. I Wonder how would you react if you saved for a long time to make a buy like this and you get scammed while some random dude is telling you are liying after showing all the evidence. Anyway i will just ignore super amazon fans that deny the truth, and probably not reply to this topic anymore until i know if i will get my money back from my bank, i did a juditial demand and i am waiting...

I really wish people would thoroughly read before making these kinds of responses. No I didn't say that. As a matter of fact, I never said I didn't believe you. I even pointed out how it could have gone down. What I DID say was that if amazon as a company was practiced in scamming, people would be suing them left and right. 

and you get scammed while some random dude is telling you are lying after showing all the evidence.

1. You haven't shown all the evidence. Not that I want to see it at this point, but just for clarification

2. I wouldn't worry about whether some random dude thinks I'm lying or not, which again I didn't accuse you of anyways. I would resolve the matter and not be worrying about posting it on forus. I certainly wouldn't be accusing of microsoft of participating in this multinational surface scamming conspiracy you've been laying out

3. I don't know the legal situation where you are, but if I had the experience you said with the proof you said, I could walk into any lawyers office and sue Amazon/Seller with a guaranteed victory. you told us you have record of them saying they received it and will just keep it and the money. That is a recorded admittal of guilt that is not only in your email, but in archived chat records in Amazon's database. As a consumer, I would have no problem getting this resolved.

Amazon knows this and would not blatantly practice scamming it's customers, otherwise known as it's whole source of revenue. Part of the records and proof you showed showed you being very blunt and angry and not attempting to nicely cooperate with customer support. You've been accusatory, even saying microsoft had a part in it. Now maybe some seller scammed you online, but microsoft didn't do crap to you, amazon didn't set the whole thing up, and that is the kind of inflammatory and accusatory dialogue that is the reason I'm choosing NOT to choose whether or not i believe you.

Then you went off on me in a reply, accusing me of being a "super Amazon fan" and talking about imagining my suffering as if that is a way to handle stress or would even make you feel better. I have no loyalty to Amazon, I am not a super fan by any means and I believe many of their business practices are terrible. At the same time, I have 5 kids and I save a crap ton of money on diapers, baby powder and many other goods. Also I would not suffer in this situation as I described above. It would be taken care of. Not having the money or product for a short amount of time would suck, but I would not be waiting weeks just to rant on a forum and argue that amazon and microsoft are in a conspiracy that somehow hasn't been exposed yet.

Between the situation being almost perfectly terrible with all odds against you and you making these ranting accusations, I simply chose to bow out. 

I very much agree with @Cora_Lie's assessment. Admittedly, she said it in a nicer and more sympathetic tone than I did

Also, as it is apparent you didn't thoroughly read my response, I'll repost this one part that lays it all out best.

Either you have a very fringe case with terrible luck of getting the worst customer service agents ever OR you're leaving out very important details OR  you are flat out lying to us. I have no desire to figure out which one it is and I believe that, from the transcripts you've already shown, your inflammatory and accusatory language has at the very least made the situation worse on yourself by making those trying to help you less apt to do so.