please help amazon scammed me with a computer.

55 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Not for us. Comcast pretty much tells us to piss off when we bitch about pricing. 

Ah America. Where there's only 3 ISPs and they all work together. 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

This completely goes against my experience with Amazon.  Any time I have had a problem I've had a refund on my credit card before I even hang up the phone.

I don't mean to sound like an asshole but being polite and calm with the person you're talking to about the problem is going to get you a lot further than immediately flying off the handle and accusing them of scamming you.

The way I understand it is Amazon has a bunch of giant bins of product that comes from the 3rd party seller.  You buy an item from the 3rd party seller that is fulfilled by Amazon they grab from that bin toss it in a box throw a label on it and ship it to you.  There is no guy in the warehouse going trololololololol i'm gonna so send this guy a 5th gen when he ordered a 6th gen.  They simply send you what was sent to them.  So if anyone is at fault its the 3rd party seller.  

And in my experience Amazon usually backs the buyer.  I bought a phone from a 3rd party seller on Amazon, the phone ended up randomly rebooting itself every minute or two while sitting on my desk.  I contacted the seller they sent me instructions on how to reset the phone and I followed them exactly as the email stated to reset and remove my account from the phone. I checked to make sure my account was removed and sent it back.  I get a email a few days later from the seller showing a picture of a locked phone asking me for my gmail password so they could "unlock it".  I told them to send it to me and I would reset it again even though I already had.  I contacted Amazon telling them about the seller asking for my password.  They said they would take care of it and they would refund me on the spot.  They did.  A few weeks later I got the phone in the mail again apparently the seller sent it back to me,  I checked it it wasn't locked but reset it again anyway and sent it back.

The moral of the story is 3rd party sellers can be shady, but normally Amazon has your back.  They would not be in the position that they are if they were scamming people.

TLDR: I know you are upset, but Amazon is not setting out to scam you.  Be polite and don't accuse them of things.  If someone is yelling at you and accusing you of things and you're just the guy on the phone you're not gonna be motivated to go above and beyond to help you're just gonna do the minimal to get rid of the person on the phone.

AMD R7 3700X

32GB Mushkin Redline 3200MHz DDR4

Aorus A530 Elite WIFI

Bequiet Shadow Rock 3

EVGA RTX 2060 Super

Phanteks AMP 650W

Fractal Pop Air

Windows 11 / Arch Linux

54 minutes ago, Lord Vile said:

Ah America. Where there's only 3 ISPs and they all work together. 

3? I only have access to one wired ISP. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

50 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

3? I only have access to one wired ISP. 

Meant nationwide :)

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

12 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

People don't want to call anymore and getting a phone line sometimes is like getting blood out of a stone, kinda sad because that's generally the best way to get things done. Tying a phoneline up costs a lot more than talking to someone on a chat where honestly they probably have like 5 open at once. 

Don't get me wrong, I get that. I usually go the chat route first myself, as I find it easier in a way, and it's easier to multitask, however if they're not solving my issue, or are just complicating the process, you can bet your ass I'm ending that chat and calling.

I understand going to the chat first for whatever reason, but just not fixing an issue (especially in this case a $900 issue) because you don't want to call is pure insanity (and mind blowing).

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

1 hour ago, TheBritishVillain said:

I'm not assuming; it's fact.

It's absolutely not- I really wouldn't worry about it unless backcharges or CCA/Section 75 claims make up a large proportion of transactions on an account. IME the evidentiary basis for seeking a refund is incredibly low to nonexistent with most CC providers. However, it becomes a bit more complex with Amazon as Section 75 doesn't apply if you aren't buying goods from Amazon directly; in those instances Amazon are treated as an "intermediary" between you and the supplier...but that's only really relevant if you're in the UK.

Moral of the story is never pay with a debit card.

[ P R O J E C T _ M E L L I F E R A ]

[ 5900X @4.7GHz PBO2 | X570S Aorus Pro | 32GB GSkill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | EK-Quantum Reflection ]
[ ASUS RTX4080 TUF OC @3000MHz | O11D-XL | HardwareLabs GTS and GTX 360mm | XSPC D5 SATA ]

[ TechN / Phanteks G40 Blocks | Corsair AX750 | ROG Swift PG279Q | Q-Acoustics 2010i | Sabaj A4 ]

P R O J E C T | S A N D W A S P

6900K | RTX2080 | 32GB DDR4-3000 | Custom Loop