please help amazon scammed me with a computer.

hello please help iv tried everything but dont know what to do now.

i paid for a "surface pro 6" model to amazon and the total cost of it was about 900$ with import fee and transport, the thing is they sent me a "surface pro 5" model with 4GB ram cheaper and older than what i paid for, i was mad of course and asked them what to do, they told me to send it back for a refund or replacement but now after weeks and weeks waiting and talking to support guys they ended up saying they will not refund anything and that they are keeping the surface pro 5 they sent me and my money, they say they cannot refund or even send it back because it is not the item they sent me, they insist that they sent me a surface pro 6 while i have lot of evidence they did not, HD video recording of the package opening, photos, microsoft registration.

i am not rich and saved a lot of time to do this buy, i follow surface products since the begginign and when i finally decide to buy one i get scammed by amazon!, the worst thing is i am sure this scamms are a common practice i checked other surface pro reviews and there were lot others saying they had the same experience and got scammed but amazon just line crosses those reviews so they dont count.

the packaging says surface pro 6 and the content ans stickers are a 4GB surface pro 5 model. filthy scammers

please even if i am not able to recover my money more peaople needs to know they steal money from costumers that cannot defend them selves.

i dont know if linus will ever read this or if he cares at all but they only people that gets a chance of justice are famous ones that get visibility.

4.JPG

5.JPG

1 (2).JPG

3 (2).JPG

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Talk to your bank, if they agree that you were scammed they should be able to roll back the transaction.

i did by phone and they said they dont care, or that they cannot negate payments because they are just an intermediary but i will try on site. i wish i could simply tell them i got scammed and avoid the payment but i would get red flagged on everysingle retail store or bank entity in my country, will try to talk to them with the evidence. thanks.

1 minute ago, victor aravena said:

i did by phone and they said they dont care, or that they cannot negate payments because they are just an intermediary but i will try on site. i wish i could simply tell them i got scammed and avoid the payment but i would get red flagged on everysingle retail store or bank entity in my country, will try to talk to them with the evidence. thanks.

I mean if you have video proof AND proof that you sent the item back for a refund and Amazon told you to do that then you could probably just sue them (or threaten to), if it comes to that talk to a lawyer.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

2 minutes ago, victor aravena said:

What surface pro model did u buy ? the core m3 *surface pro 6* is the same as a surface pro 5 

8 minutes ago, Sauron said:

I mean if you have video proof AND proof that you sent the item back for a refund and Amazon told you to do that then you could probably just sue them (or threaten to), if it comes to that talk to a lawyer.

i recorded the repackaging and took pictures on the carrier, the ticket, everything, saved all chat conversations with support, they just tell you one thing one day and the next they tell you another just to waste your time they contradict them selvs, after so many chat conversations with many different guys its clear to me they know about this scamms and act to make you waste time and play along, sad.

about a lawyer, iv talked to some and they request about the same payment for their legal service of what i paid for the computer and i dont have clear answrs about what i could achieve with them, i sent a mail to one with questions while i posted this.

If you paid by credit card you can just contest the charge and get your money back, charge-back those crooks.

When you're talking to Amazon are you talking directly to an Amazon agent or is it just a 3rd party seller messaging with you.  If it's the latter, I would stop talking to them and get an Amazon A to Z claim going where you force Amazon's hand by demanding a refund (use the site to directly get Amazon support and file the A to Z claim).  You sent the goods back and the seller is clearly a scammer if what you say is true, they need to help you if you just tell them you  had your money scammed. 

i am just checking the seller review and SURPRISE! there is alot of new people scammed this exact same way. the problem it is not just the seller, all the other sellers, and amazon cross lines this bad reviews and says they will respond when they do not, it is their scamm!, how i wish linus did a video about this.

scam 3.png

scam 2.png

scam 1.png

product paid.JPG

item i got_and now they are stealing it.JPG

and amazon cross lines this bad reviews and says they will respond when they do not

Did you leave a review saying the same thing, that should force Amazon to contact you.  It looks like they are fulfilling it which is why they are re-routing the feedback, it doesn't mean they're trying to protect scammers, just trying to take responsibility for wrong-product delivery.  Seems like they might have a bad middle-man they're trusting or some other stupid move by them before it ships to you from their stock.

I don't think Amazon itself wanted to scam people, but the international shipping likely adds some handling in-between that could be their issue.

13 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

If you paid by credit card you can just contest the charge and get your money back, charge-back those crooks.

When you're talking to Amazon are you talking directly to an Amazon agent or is it just a 3rd party seller messaging with you.  If it's the latter, I would stop talking to them and get an Amazon A to Z claim going where you force Amazon's hand by demanding a refund (use the site to directly get Amazon support and file the A to Z claim).  You sent the goods back and the seller is clearly a scammer if what you say is true, they need to help you if you just tell them you  had your money scammed. 

thank you alot for your time. not only i got scammed , alot of people, and not jsut by this seller im afraid.  i dont know what is that A to Z thing, will check it now. i have been talking directly to amazon support pleople by chat for weeks and they do nothing about this just waste your time with false "scalated issue" and at the end they said they would keep even the worng computer they sent me and all my money.

they said they would keep even the worng computer they sent me and all my money

What method of payment did you use to pay for it?  There may be an option based on that.

So here's the thing: that looks like an Amazon Warehouse item. Amazon Warehouse doesn't actually "refurbish" anything. It's a miracle if they even look at the item at all before relabeling it and reselling it. It's highly likely that someone else bought the 6, replaced it with the 5, then returned it to Amazon. Amazon Warehouse quickly snapped it up and resold it to you. Amazon is also known to repack returns and sell them as new, even if Warehouse isn't involved.

If you bought this from a third-party seller instead of Amazon, that also complicates things. Third-party sellers have their own return policies, and Amazon's actions in that situation are an absolute crapshoot. I've had them persuade the third-party seller to accept the return, and I've had them do nothing. The typical response has been for Amazon to say something about ensuring that the third-party seller's return policy is followed by you and by them, which usually means you're boned. A seller knowingly selling fake merch isn't going to give you your money back. They're going to tell Amazon that you're full of it, and Amazon will agree with them.

What country are you in? It seems like you've already talked to your bank or credit card issuer. If you haven't, and I hope you haven't, call and say that the charge was not authorized by you. I don't know what your rules are, but over here we have the CARD Act and Reg E that both cover unauthorized purchases and more or less guarantee that you'll get your money back. Do not say anything about receiving a fake. The only words out of your mouth should be, "I did not authorize this charge," "I don't know how someone could have gotten possession of my card number," and "I don't know." If they ask about the merchandise: "I did not authorize this charge and I did not receive anything." Trust me, in my previous day job before I mercifully received a transfer to a different (and better) world, I had to deal with this kind of stuff all the damn time, and there was rarely anything we could do to stop it.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

What method of payment did you use to pay for it?  There may be an option based on that.

credit card, mastercard. i see you are very possitive hope i can get some of that but as i said after weeks and weeks talking to amazon support guys and getting contradictory replys from them and no help at all i totally believe they are part of the scam. i mean they dont even want to send me the wrong item back no discussion at all.

10 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

So here's the thing: that looks like an Amazon Warehouse item. Amazon Warehouse doesn't actually "refurbish" anything. It's a miracle if they even look at the item at all before relabeling it and reselling it. It's highly likely that someone else bought the 6, replaced it with the 5, then returned it to Amazon. Amazon Warehouse quickly snapped it up and resold it to you. Amazon is also known to repack returns and sell them as new, even if Warehouse isn't involved.

If you bought this from a third-party seller instead of Amazon, that also complicates things. Third-party sellers have their own return policies, and Amazon's actions in that situation are an absolute crapshoot. I've had them persuade the third-party seller to accept the return, and I've had them do nothing. The typical response has been for Amazon to say something about ensuring that the third-party seller's return policy is followed by you and by them, which usually means you're boned. A seller knowingly selling fake merch isn't going to give you your money back. They're going to tell Amazon that you're full of it, and Amazon will agree with them.

What country are you in? It seems like you've already talked to your bank or credit card issuer. If you haven't, and I hope you haven't, call and say that the charge was not authorized by you. I don't know what your rules are, but over here we have the CARD Act and Reg E that both cover unauthorized purchases and more or less guarantee that you'll get your money back. Do not say anything about receiving a fake. The only words out of your mouth should be, "I did not authorize this charge," "I don't know how someone could have gotten possession of my card number," and "I don't know." If they ask about the merchandise: "I did not authorize this charge and I did not receive anything." Trust me, in my previous day job before I mercifully received a transfer to a different (and better) world, I had to deal with this kind of stuff all the damn time, and there was rarely anything we could do to stop it.

thanks for the info, i already paid the full amount to my credit card bank, i had to do before the item even got shiped to me. i have not talked to them about the scam yet, and i am afraid to do as you say because if i do so because could end up worse and lose my chance if i want to tell them the true about the scam. i will consider it thank you. 

i am from Chile, things take about 2-3 weeks to deliver from amazon. so that is why i paid before i even got it delivered.

thanks for the info, i already paid the full amount to my credit card bank, i had to do before the item even got shiped to me. i have not talked to them about the scam yet, and i am afraid to do as you say because if i do so because could end up worse and lose my chance if i want to tell them the true about the scam. i will consider it thank you. 

i am from Chile, things take about 2-3 weeks to deliver from amazon. so that is why i paid before i even got it delivered.

Check your credit card agreement (should be online) and see if it says anything about "merchant disputes", "item disputes," or anything else that would suggest you can file a dispute or chargeback based upon the goods delivered, regardless of whether or not the charge was authorized. I'm not fluent in Chilean law regarding consumer protection, and definitely not fluent in Portuguese, but if your cardholder agreement is in English and you want to PM me a link, I can take a look at it either tonight or tomorrow and see if there's anything in there that it looks like you can use in your favor when talking to them.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

8 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Check your credit card agreement (should be online) and see if it says anything about "merchant disputes", "item disputes," or anything else that would suggest you can file a dispute or chargeback based upon the goods delivered, regardless of whether or not the charge was authorized. I'm not fluent in Chilean law regarding consumer protection, and definitely not fluent in Portuguese, but if your cardholder agreement is in English and you want to PM me a link, I can take a look at it either tonight or tomorrow and see if there's anything in there that it looks like you can use in your favor when talking to them.

thank you alot for your time and help, to all of you guys. for now, i will check that A to Z refund claim, it may work, i have to contact the seller and wait 2 days for reply or a no answer. and then submit it. there is a 90 days time frame for the claim. amazon support guys NEVER  even mentioned this. at the same time will check the bank documentation, i had almost gave up with this but i will try to do as much as possible so they dont get away with this scamm, more than for of the money.

credit card, mastercard

Log onto your credit card website and dispute the payment, easy as that.  It's a very simple process and you just tell them you sent the item back and never got a refund, they'll do the rest.  Or perhaps if Amazon refund claim goes south you can go that route.  You can still do this even if you paid already, they'll issue you a credit for the money typically, but this is a typical consumer protection I enjoy as a US mastercard holder (through Citibank).

13 minutes ago, LogicWeasel said:

Log onto your credit card website and dispute the payment, easy as that.  It's a very simple process and you just tell them you sent the item back and never got a refund, they'll do the rest.  Or perhaps if Amazon refund claim goes south you can go that route.  You can still do this even if you paid already, they'll issue you a credit for the money typically, but this is a typical consumer protection I enjoy as a US mastercard holder (through Citibank).

i am checking the card website and there is 0 options, seems that it works as a register only of my debts and payments. i will go check with them in person my options if the A to Z thing doesnt work.

SOO i got no luck with this a to z return, there is NO option to initiate it, no where to click, so i contacted amazon chat again to to request them to initiate the az claim and they say its not available, and they keep telling more lies contradicting them selves and negating any help, AMAZON IS PART OF THE SCAMM dmn it.

yesterday the were firmly telling me the item they got was an older version and therefore they could not refund or send it back and today they are fixated on saying they did not got the item delivered, i contacted the tracking people for documentation and tracking number inside US recontacted support team and as they run out of excuses i was told TO WAIT ANOTHER 5 DAYS to hear what the returns team has to say, after i was told the same two times before. this is endless futile.

will have to pay a visit to my card holders as a last resource.

ammazon scammers.JPG

Ok... I will disagree with a couple of things here. Not things said by you, OP.

First of this is not a "warehouse product", meaning something that has been damaged (package ripped or things like that) when delivered to amazon warehouse and then sold with a discount because of the damage, but it's a product from an External vendor (Extreme Tech Distribution, in your current case) who uses Amazon as a warehouse and expeditionner.

That's a COMPLETELY different case than if Amazon was the seller.

If I may say, that's why it is always VERY STRONGLY recommended to buy tech from Amazon, and not a vendor...

The warranty which runs is then not from Amazon, but from the Vendor. And if you have been scammed, it's not by Amazon, but by the Vendor.

Not trying to protect Amazon here, just stating a fact.

When you were on the phone or by chat, that is exactlyx what "Manmita" told you when is answered to your demand by saying "A to Z claim needs to be done for items sold and fulfilled by the vendor".

In this case Amazon is not responsible for what is in the box.

I understand that you feel cheated, but you need to address your complaints to the vendor, Extreme Tech Distribution.

Have you already tried to contact them?

5 minutes ago, Keith W said:

In there first set of pictures posted by the OP you can clearly see that the amazon package has been opened and the resealed by DHL.

Don't forget the import fee. It happens quite often that the customs will check the material and so it is retaped after that by DHL (I know it happened to me).

ANd if you read the comments on the page for the product, you clearly see that the same thing happened to different customers. It's a scam by the vendor. Even in one of the comment, the customer says that amazon took back the product, send another box of the vendor of the same product and in the 2nd box, again the same "faulty" product.

--> the Vendor is a scammer.

After that Amazon will put everything on hold as policy until it is cleared with the Vendor. They won't exchange the product and they can't reimburse the customers as they didn't get the money.

A word of advice, when talking to customer support never accuse anyone or start ranting. It's a real person on the other end and they only have so much information to work with and limited actions. The moment you accuse someone of lying and start ranting about scammers your chances of being helped go down significantly. Be clear, precise, and factual about what occurred and what action you want to be taken. 

Now to be clear about what happened and in what order:

- You ordered a Surface Pro 6 on Amazon, it was sold by Extreme Tech Distribution and fulfilled by Amazon

- Because this product is being imported it is processed by the Amazon Global Store

- You received the package from Amazon in an Amazon box that had been resealed by DHL likely due to a customs check

- The package contained a Surface Pro 5, not the Surface Pro 6 which you ordered

- You contacted Amazon customer support and arranged a return. Did you clearly explain that you received the wrong item? Did you pay to ship the return or did Amazon provide a shipping label?

- You shipped the item back to Amazon

- The tracking info you have shows that the item was delivered

- Did Amazon provide any confirmation that the returned item was received?

Is this correct?

Edit:

A couple other notes, A to Z claims are for items shipped by third parties. As far as I can tell this was shipped by Amazon. Additionally this was through the Global Store so all issues should go to Amazon Customer Support. A no point should you be contacting the seller, Extreme Tech Distributions because they are not involved in any of the shipping or processing of this item. 

Try calling, chat is often useless. 

Seems like from the convo that you haven't returned the item, or they haven't processed it?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 8/3/2019 at 6:54 PM, harryk said:

A word of advice, when talking to customer support never accuse anyone or start ranting. It's a real person on the other end and they only have so much information to work with and limited actions. The moment you accuse someone of lying and start ranting about scammers your chances of being helped go down significantly. Be clear, precise, and factual about what occurred and what action you want to be taken. 

Now to be clear about what happened and in what order:

- You ordered a Surface Pro 6 on Amazon, it was sold by Extreme Tech Distribution and fulfilled by Amazon yes

- Because this product is being imported it is processed by the Amazon Global Store

- You received the package from Amazon in an Amazon box that had been resealed by DHL likely due to a customs check yes i got it like that

- The package contained a Surface Pro 5, not the Surface Pro 6 which you ordered really yes, weird the package says surfpro6 but has label stickers and content of a surfpro5 yet seems unopened and sealed

- You contacted Amazon customer support and arranged a return yes, for a refund or replacement. Did you clearly explain that you received the wrong item? yes Did you pay to ship the return yes about 50$ cheapest option or did Amazon provide a shipping label? yes too, they make you print the label with destination

- You shipped the item back to Amazon y

- The tracking info you have shows that the item was delivered yes i even requested the documentation and have all the tracking info and delivery firm sign, also filmed the repackaging and took pictures of the package on the carrier office

- Did Amazon provide any confirmation that the returned item was received? no, they have told me all sort of lies, at first a support guy told me to send the videos and agreed about the return so they made me send the item, next day one guy told me the ítem THEY GOT DELIVERED was not what they sent and therefor they negated the refund, the next day they say the did not get it delivered and when they run out of ideas they tell me "i cannt do more" go wait 5 days untill we hear from returns team.

Is this correct?

Edit:

A couple other notes, A to Z claims are for items shipped by third parties. As far as I can tell this was shipped by Amazon. Additionally this was through the Global Store so all issues should go to Amazon Customer Support. A no point should you be contacting the seller, Extreme Tech Distributions because they are not involved in any of the shipping or processing of this item. 

i contacted surface pro support for help and told them amazon literally stole my computer, there is a tracking option on the webpage that unfortunatelly does not give results for it so far, they made me submit the evidence and i am now waiting for any help they can provide. amazon told me to return the item and that they would refund me that it was ok, and when they got it delivered they fired back with this actitude and confiscated my computer  and are attempiting all sort of lies to negate thr refund or the utem delivered. 

but there is lot more irregular stuff here, they have not updated the return refund status and while they say they dont have the item there is a mere 47$ refund i didnt noticed and they never mentioned, tht doesnt even cover the carrier ticket!

are they trying now to get away with a ridiculous refund?

refund.png

sent item.jpg

20190706_100710.jpg

ridiculous refund.png

prueba entrega surface firma.png

Edited by victor aravena
added pictures tbo i dont know how much to censor in the info....