Austin Evans house burning down... =(

TyagoDani

Some of you guys are just assholes you know? "Hopefully he'll start making videos soon" Like seriously? This man is fucking devastated. His fucking HOME with all his memories, family pictures, EVERYTHING is gone. Stop being fucking selfish and put yourself in his shoes. All his computers disintegrated, all the review items, all his cell phones, his cameras, all his tech is now gone. He doesn't even have clothes anymore and you're worrying about fucking videos? I'd be a little bit more worried about where he's going to stay or how he's going to make a list of everything lost in the fire in order to recover some money from the insurance company. I'd be a little more worried about his health right now. This is his home we're talking about that's now gone. His home was worth a bare minimum of half a million and now that's gone. Imagine the trauma he just had that his house was full of smoke and fire and he had to rush to get out to save his life and those in the house. Please stop being selfish assholes and worry about more important things. This isn't directed to everyone, but only to the people who said that "Hopefully he'll start to make videos soon". Sorry if this was a little too harsh but that really fucking pissed me off.

how should he make money to replace stuff ive not making videos wich is his business, i hope he starts making them as soon as he can, so he can get back into business, as for now he is out of business.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

I hope things go well for him, I cannot imagine losing almost everything in a few hours.

Man, that seriously sucks. I'm glad he is alright though because all of his tech is replaceable, and I'm sure with great support from the community he will be able to recover. 

He is back and tweeting. From what I can tell is that he was renting a floor of a house or an apartment, another tenants heater was caught on fire, burned the house down within 20 mins. I believe landlords are obligated to buy fire insurance but I may be wrong.

My wife and I live in a basement apartment in Canada. Here we have to buy "content" insurance, not the Landlords. But at least it's cheap.

Not sure if it's different where Austin lives. Really hope he was covered.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

My wife and I live in a basement apartment in Canada. Here we have to buy "content" insurance, not the Landlords. But at least it's cheap.

Not sure if it's different where Austin lives. Really hope he was covered.

Yep, hopefully Canada and US have the same policies. In my area (Ontario) there was an apartment that had the roof and walls burnt down. The family living inside it got fully reimbursed and was given an hotel room for a couple months while they waited for the damage to be repaired. We can only hope Austin gets similar treatment.

Some of you guys are just assholes you know? "Hopefully he'll start making videos soon" Like seriously? This man is fucking devastated. His fucking HOME with all his memories, family pictures, EVERYTHING is gone. Stop being fucking selfish and put yourself in his shoes. All his computers disintegrated, all the review items, all his cell phones, his cameras, all his tech is now gone. He doesn't even have clothes anymore and you're worrying about fucking videos? I'd be a little bit more worried about where he's going to stay or how he's going to make a list of everything lost in the fire in order to recover some money from the insurance company. I'd be a little more worried about his health right now. This is his home we're talking about that's now gone. His home was worth a bare minimum of half a million and now that's gone. Imagine the trauma he just had that his house was full of smoke and fire and he had to rush to get out to save his life and those in the house. Please stop being selfish assholes and worry about more important things. This isn't directed to everyone, but only to the people who said that "Hopefully he'll start to make videos soon". Sorry if this was a little too harsh but that really fucking pissed me off.

Ya it's ridiculous the amount of people on Twitter to him being like hope your videos are back soon! No are you ok or hope you can get your life back on track. Nope. Just videos.

i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz, Asus P8Z77-V LK, 16GB G.Skill 2133MHz, Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC @ 1306MHz Core, 7141MHz Memory, Cooler Master Storm Stryker, 256GB Sandisk SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, Antec High Current Gamer 750W, Corsair H55 Liquid w/ Dual SP120s in Push/Pull

Maybe Linus Tech should raise some money for him or something just to help out until he gets back on track. Glad he is ok though that's the important thing.

Who? *don't shoot me* :ph34r:

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Maybe Linus Tech should raise some money for him or something just to help out until he gets back on track. Glad he is ok though that's the important thing.

Before anyone should do anything Austin should his own important stuff in check like insurance. Just wait it out.

Besides, Austin should raise money himself if he wants the support. Not Linus Tech. Let him call out to his own audience before others do it for him.

Does anyone even use PCIe SSDs?

:( Wow... I feel so bad for him....

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

That really freaking sucks! :(

Glad he is ok along with the others.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

"'FIRE' me a pm"

... I see what I did there. :D

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Sad and i send my condolences, but I can't feel too sorry for him. Fires are something that can be only caused immense stupidity. If that was me or my relative I would be PISSED about losing so much money in a stupid way.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

Yeah I would spare him 10 bucks no problem. If a 3000 people of the 30000 people on this website donated 10 bucks then everything would be back to normal for him. (At least covers the electronics and such, not the house and furniture.)

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

i'm amused that his ipad survived the fire considering all the stuff he has 

https://twitter.com/austinnotduncan/status/428987375931232256

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Ya it's ridiculous the amount of people on Twitter to him being like hope your videos are back soon! No are you ok or hope you can get your life back on track. Nope. Just videos.

He has to make videos one way or another, that is how he gets paid. He will take the time he needs to get his stuff in order, then he will continue doing what he has been.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Just an update for you guys! 

| CPU: AMD A8 | MOBO: MSI 7778 | GPU: Asus GTX 650Ti | Case: Corsair 200r |

| SSD: PNY 120gb | HHD: WD Blue 1tb | PSU: Cooler Master 750W |

| peripherals: Corsair Vengeance M65 & Razer Black Widow Ultimate |

man.....

stay strong austin.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

That really sucks, but at least nobody was injured, so that's good. I'm wondering how he'll continue his work now...

COMIC SANS