Austin Evans house burning down... =(

TyagoDani

This is terrible! Damn you houses and your burning!

Wish you the best of luck Austin!

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Sad that his house got burned down. Great that he is safe and hope he will recover quickly.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Saw him on twitter saying it was his neighbors house.

Only this morning did I see his video, quite shocked really. 

Amazing how he had such a brave face when talking in the video! Must be really hard to go through, just seeing all your stuff as ash and dirt.

Glad he got out OK, that's the main thing. He managed to grab his RMBP and his safe of important stuff. But just imagine the cost of all the tech, really do hope he has insurance. :/

Hope Linus says something in this evenings live stream. I don't know what about, but maybe for people to go and check his channel out or something, get more support.

Can we do anything to help? :)

The video he made is incredible. He remains calm and positive even just a day after it happened. He didn't mention it but he helped people get out safely from the building, much respect to him. Also how he still smiles and laughs about stuff. In the video he said "I think my clothes are dry now" while filming the burnt dryer. Also he tweeted this:

post-1765-0-48969600-1391191085.png

Still making jokes and he doesn't mind and joins in. 

He really is a great guy not caring about his belongings and just moving on. Also how he saved people. Just incredible.

Man I feel really sorry for the guy. I hope he gets back on his feet pretty soon and gets stuff covered by insurance. I don't want to sound mean as there is deffinately no I'll intent in me saying this but as a European , I find it hard to understand why america STILL continues to build homes out of wood and drywall when stuff like this can very easily happen. Sure it is cheap in the short term, but at what cost in the future? Where I live the houses are build out of bricks and concrete so as side from gas explosions, it is hard for a house to burn completely to the ground. Just a thought that crossed my mind. What do the rest of you think?