Google thinks farting isnt child friendly for the youngest.

Mihle
22 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

That's Facebook. Sentient robots have AI after all.

How bout Youtube?

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore

3 minutes ago, Totally Average Gameplay said:

How bout Youtube?

Considering the fact that they keep giving me the same ad that I keep telling them I'm not interested in - I'd say the jury is still out on whether or not Youtube has any intelligence, artificial or otherwise.

Imagine not being able to think for yourselves and having to rely on what corporate overloads or politicians say

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

27 minutes ago, EldritchMoose said:

Considering the fact that they keep giving me the same ad that I keep telling them I'm not interested in - I'd say the jury is still out on whether or not Youtube has any intelligence, artificial or otherwise.

You can adblock at least?

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

Userbenchmark Run: 

To ease that gigantic anger of yours

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

Userbenchmark Run: 

38 minutes ago, EldritchMoose said:

I don't think that is a problem because of the people - it's a problem because of the companies that stand to lose money because of it. A lot of warnings and age ratings only exist to semi-legally cover the shareholders' hindquarters. Kid traumatised because they saw It at 4 years old? "Well, we told you not to watch it until you were at least 15!"

When I was a kid, Robocop and Rambo were simultaneously saturday morning kids' cartoons and R-rated adult movies.

People don't think of the children, nor do corporations. It's all to maximize profits because there's more money in being child-friendly than not being child-friendly when it comes to literal children's entertainment. Courting controversy there will not lead to an increase in sales.

Rubbish. Then how did companies and shareholders exist just 20 years ago without all this idiocy? Someone needs to specifically ask for this crap so that they pander to it. I want to know who are these idiots who ask for this shit.

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

@EldritchMoose

When I was a kid and that wasn't in 1920's, it was nowhere as bad as it is now. Like, NOWHERE near. Today it seems like everyone needs to be cuddled like toddlers and treated like absolute fragile idiots. Warning here, warning there, everything censored coz think of the children! Oh my god, our society has become retarded.

Take off the rose tinted glasses. Everyone always thinks the "new generation" is worse or "getting dumber" and some such bullshit. We choose not to remember the stupidity of our times or were simply too young to actually recall how bad it was at times. Warnings are not always bad and "think of the children" has been around since 1914, with the modern variation of it having been around since the freaking 90s.

11 minutes ago, Totally Average Gameplay said:

You can adblock at least?

If Google has built a function into its own app for its own service that purports to grant the ability to filter ads (to the obvious benefit of all parties involved, since no one benefits from offering me an ad that I won't click on), I should not have to pick up their slack.

Google's core business is selling ad space, they're a big boy now, they should be able to fix their own app.

4 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Take off the rose tinted glasses. Everyone always thinks the "new generation" is worse or "getting dumber" and some such bullshit. We choose not to remember the stupidity of our times or were simply too young to actually recall how bad it was at times. Warnings are not always bad and "think of the children" has been around since 1914, with the modern variation of it having been around since the freaking 90s.

No, it just got extra retarded in the last 15-20 years, after the rise of social networks and dumbification of masses. It's now that idiots got the voice on a global scale and the shift is far more dramatic than it ever was through entire 20th century.

Just now, RejZoR said:

No, it just got extra retarded in the last 15-20 years, after the rise of social networks and dumbification of masses. It's now that idiots got the voice on a global scale and the shift is far more dramatic than it ever was through entire 20th century.

Social media makes it more obvious. We were always morons, it was just harder to notice before the internet shined a spotlight on it. Also, "dumbification" is not a word.

6 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Social media makes it more obvious. We were always morons, it was just harder to notice before the internet shined a spotlight on it. Also, "dumbification" is not a word.

It is a word now. Also, people were dumb before, they just couldn't show it so publicly. They want to be even dumber if that's what they demand eve more.

This program contains farting noises! Parental guidance is advised

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

10 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

Rubbish. Then how did companies and shareholders exist just 20 years ago without all this idiocy? Someone needs to specifically ask for this crap so that they pander to it. I want to know who are these idiots who ask for this shit.

One Million Moms is one of many groups that is heavily involved in calling for censorship based on "indecency." Its parent group, the American Family Association has been around since the late 70s. The Australian government banned several video games outright until 2013. The UK had a list of so-called video nasties in the 80s that were not officially released due to the efforts of the National Viewers' and Listeners' Association which has been around since the 60s.

If you think this is a recent problem because of society becoming soft, you're deluding yourself. The main reason this has become more of a problem is that social media gives groups like One Million Moms and Mediawatch UK a bigger platform and more support.

Back in the olden days, companies existed because their focus wasn't yet on making all of the money in the world. They were not criticised for having a market share that is lower than 100%. In recent years, we've seen several reports of high-profile games having "disappointing sales" despite selling more than preceding games in the series.

Everything done by the entertainment industry these days is done to maximize profits. From rewriting movies to censoring content in video games. The investors and shareholders don't want to take any risk that might cost them money.

7 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

It is a word now. Also, people were dumb before, they just couldn't show it so publicly. They want to be even dumber if that's what they demand eve more.

Plenty of stupidity was widely public before. Not sure how it was where you are from but in the US there have always been extremely stupid people in power making extremely stupid decisions.

D&D is a gateway into Satanism and will cause your children to commit ritual murders

Pokemon is a tool of the devil

Comic books will turn children violent

People that read a romance novel where a character kills themselves will cause people to copy the character (yes, that was a real thing that people thought)

All of that pre-dates the internet. And that's just what I can think of at 3:30 in the morning.

People reading way too much into this. Its probably just an automatic filter for toilet humor. 

On 6/30/2019 at 9:45 AM, Dabombinable said:

Well Google is run by people who think that they know what's best for everyone.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:46 AM, Jurrunio said:

no, AI

I saw a documentary about Google, I think it is called "I AM MOTHER". ;)

4 hours ago, Derangel said:

Plenty of stupidity was widely public before. Not sure how it was where you are from but in the US there have always been extremely stupid people in power making extremely stupid decisions.

D&D is a gateway into Satanism and will cause your children to commit ritual murders

Pokemon is a tool of the devil

Comic books will turn children violent

People that read a romance novel where a character kills themselves will cause people to copy the character (yes, that was a real thing that people thought)

All of that pre-dates the internet. And that's just what I can think of at 3:30 in the morning.

Someone on reddit got caught playing d&d and someone complained of satanism and he had to do counsuling

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

13 hours ago, EldritchMoose said:

One Million Moms is one of many groups that is heavily involved in calling for censorship based on "indecency." Its parent group, the American Family Association has been around since the late 70s. The Australian government banned several video games outright until 2013. The UK had a list of so-called video nasties in the 80s that were not officially released due to the efforts of the National Viewers' and Listeners' Association which has been around since the 60s.

If you think this is a recent problem because of society becoming soft, you're deluding yourself. The main reason this has become more of a problem is that social media gives groups like One Million Moms and Mediawatch UK a bigger platform and more support.

Back in the olden days, companies existed because their focus wasn't yet on making all of the money in the world. They were not criticised for having a market share that is lower than 100%. In recent years, we've seen several reports of high-profile games having "disappointing sales" despite selling more than preceding games in the series.

Everything done by the entertainment industry these days is done to maximize profits. From rewriting movies to censoring content in video games. The investors and shareholders don't want to take any risk that might cost them money.

For the most part I agree, I can see where you are coming from and the logic is sound.  My experience is that these things ebb and flow.  In the 80's we had British adult tv shows being presented as kids tv in Australia and there seemed to be a lot more stuff slip through the censor back then.  Mind you if history documents are to be treated as accurate, you only have to go back a few hundred years and debauchery, multiple partners and sex scandals weren't the major issue they are today. Fast forward to a point in the 20-50's and if you didn't have your ankle covered you were a slut.  I give it another 50 years and things will look different again with kids claiming it's the older generations that are thee problem (as they do today).

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I think this is fartastic. Children need to learn how to fart obnoxiously instead of having an app do it for them. Frozen pizza is my personal gas station. Then push your ass against the wall when you feel a fart coming... kids these days will never know

QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT A REPLY!

PC #1

Ryzen 7 3700x@4.4ghz (All core) | MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | Crucial Ballistix 2x16gb (OC 3600mhz)

MSI GTX 1080 8gb | SoundBlaster ZXR | Corsair HX850

Samsung 960 256gb | Samsung 860 1gb | Samsung 850 500gb

HGST 4tb, HGST 2tb | Seagate 2tb | Seagate 2tb

Custom CPU/GPU water loop

PC #2

Ryzen 7 1700@3.8ghz (All core) | Aorus AX370 Gaming K5 | Vengeance LED 3200mhz 2x8gb

Sapphire R9 290x 4gb | Asus Xonar DS | Corsair RM650

Samsung 850 128gb | Intel 240gb | Seagate 2tb

Corsair H80iGT AIO

Laptop

Core i7 6700HQ | Samsung 2400mhz 2x8gb DDR4

GTX 1060M 3gb | FiiO E10k DAC

Samsung 950 256gb | Sandisk Ultra 2tb SSD

On 6/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, Mihle said:

So NRK thinks farting is totally ok for young children, but for some reason Google think its not.

I have to say, I agree with NRK. How does farting sounds hurt children in any form, they think themselves it is funny??!!!

Well you have to draw the line somewhere. I'll have to side with Google on this because of things like the Elsa and Spiderman videos which often involved farting.

On 6/30/2019 at 11:58 AM, Master Disaster said:

The world is reaching a point where people can no longer decide what's best for themselves and their dependants, instead we are being told what is best for us by people who are so far detached from reality that they barely understand how life works for every day normal people. 

In 10 years time the internet will simply be TV 2.0, everything will be restricted by so many rules and regulations that will render it unrecognisable. 

What are you on about? Just because an app has a rating of 9-12 does not mean people have to follow it. You're still free to decide for yourself, it's just Google saying "hey, we think this app is suitable for children age 9-12".

And personally I think the rating system is good. As a parent you don't have time to look into every detail of the media your children consume, so the age rating is a good indicator for those who want some help and believe some things might be harmful to their children.

And yes, I totally believe that people are unable to think and realize what is best for themselves. Just look at the massive amount of Facebook groups who do things like protest against vaccination, or believing ingesting colloidal silver is a good idea.

I am not ashamed to admit that I think it is best if some authorities dictate what is best for me. For example I am not a chemist or biologist so I can not be trusted when it comes to things such as which pesticides are save to use on crops that I will eat. I want to leave that up to someone else to decide for me. You'd have to be an idiot if you did not agree.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:18 PM, RejZoR said:

Isn't it already? When I was a kid, we didn't have any age restriction icons, age restriction warnings, age restrictions and ratings on games or recommendations before movies, hell, there were no "warning, shocking scenes" in documentaries about frigging African wildlife. This alone tells how stupid out society has gotten. Or warnings about flashing scenes in fucking Quake game. It's a freaking first person shooter, of course it has bloody flashing lights and shit. That's about as obvious as saying salt is salty and water is wet. Fooking hell. 

Ehm... Those warnings are for people with epilepsy. It's a very good thing we have those warnings because there have been several instances of people suffering from epilepsy getting attacks and harming themselves. During an episode of Pokemon called "denno senshi porygon" 685 viewers had to be taken to hospitals because of epileptic seizures. Warning people that "hey, if you have this condition you might end up in a hospital if you play this game" is a pretty good thing.

On 6/30/2019 at 12:29 PM, Froody129 said:

Is this really news though? Nevermind tech news. 

The tech news section is shit these days. You can basically post anything on here. I've reported a dozen threads which were unrelated to technology and none has been removed. If you can relate anything in the news in some way to electricity or a tech company then apparently it's tech news.

On 6/30/2019 at 4:18 PM, williamcll said:

I'm pretty sure it's to prevent fart fetishists. Youtube has tons of those. 

Exactly. And even more so, it's just that it's not allowed to be suggested and recommended towards children below the age of 9.

I'm a bit surprised they think the faring noise is so integral to the app that they don't change the app a bit but I also don't do children's entertainment so what do I know

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Warnings about flashing things. In action movies, first person shooters and animes where everything is jumping and flashing. Like, how about having some common sense? I have yet to see a first person shooter, action movie or Japanese anime without flashing things that might trigger an epilepsy episode. wtf? You don't need a forced unskippable 10 second warning about epilepsy in things that are about as self describing to be that as "the water is wet". Yeah, I know it sucks for people to have epilepsy, but if it's any of those things, what are the odds they won't cause it by some miracle?

26 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I'm a bit surprised they think the faring noise is so integral to the app that they don't change the app a bit but I also don't do children's entertainment so what do I know

Haven't seen the app myself, but it seem to be trying to teach just life things to children like you have to clean and stuff. 

Farting sound happens when the figure is going to the loo.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

22 hours ago, RejZoR said:

Warnings about flashing things. In action movies, first person shooters and animes where everything is jumping and flashing. Like, how about having some common sense? I have yet to see a first person shooter, action movie or Japanese anime without flashing things that might trigger an epilepsy episode. wtf? You don't need a forced unskippable 10 second warning about epilepsy in things that are about as self describing to be that as "the water is wet". Yeah, I know it sucks for people to have epilepsy, but if it's any of those things, what are the odds they won't cause it by some miracle?

There are action games that do not have flashing things that could trigger it, some of them is mainly sword fighting for example, but still, not all games is like that. Also some movies. Some people also do not research movies much before they watch them...

Also, non action games might or might not have flashing things....

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking