What pisses you off with PC building?

The community lmao

It's so bad

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

10 minutes ago, whitaker.reza said:

yeees i think that cables are the worst part of this i have the same problem too 🥴

Asus, at least for a while, was onto something with their external plug thing for them they included with the motherboards where you could plug the pins into that instead of on the motherboard and then just slip the single connector on after so you had room to work 😄

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I've only built a computer once, but probably how hard it is to do the fans. Like it's hard to screw and unscrew it. Maybe I'm just weak, who knows

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

The fact that power supplies/components use many thin gauge wires instead of just a few big ones.

Seriously what's the bloody purpose of having 12 18 gauge or whatever wires that are all at 12V, if you can also just have 2 10AWG wires instead?

Wouldn't it be so much cleaner to just have a pair of 10AWG wires running to your GPU instead of this ugly forest of 16 or 18 gauge crap? 

I've heard stuff like "using many thin wires is cheaper" but it isn't actually; the power capacity is determined by the total surface area, and having thinner wires just means you need more insulation for a given surface, so it's actually more expensive. 

I've also heard the argument that thick wires are difficult to install, but they really aren't. 10 gauge is thick for sure, but the diameter is still only like 5mm, and the flexible insulation variants are very easy to bend and flex in all sorts of tiny spaces. These wires are used all the time in RC vehicles and drones, combined with XT90 connectors.

I can sort of understand for the 24 pin connector, since that has pins with different funtions/voltages, so that's all right, but then I look at something like PCIe power, and I see that it's basically a block of 12V and GND pins...

Poorly thought out cable management. That and cables for front panel that are not removable or too many. Oh and dumb locations of hard drives. Looking at you Phantek P300

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

On 5/30/2019 at 7:15 PM, MorbidNature said:

Just wanted to ask everyone what pisses them off about PC building can anything doesn't matter how big/small..

I'll  start off

1. products that don't have magnetic screws!
  2. Forgetting to put the IO shield (why can everyone just have it premounted is beyond me!)
  3. PC parts that still use Molex connectors - it's useless!!! SATA works just perfectly and there is an actual reason for it in a modern build
  4. the fact that you have to install at least 3 different application just to manage you RGB on a normal build (unlike most tech youtuber that get everything from the same vendor)

There is a bunch more but that's enough from me... :)

1. mobo stands not installed  in the case

2.  mobo don't have front  panel hardware listed in the pcb

Every single RGB component needing a different software and getting them to sync and fit a theme and having to spent hours fine tuning it..

I hate you Aura sync..

On 5/30/2019 at 5:15 AM, MorbidNature said:

Just wanted to ask everyone what pisses them off about PC building can anything doesn't matter how big/small..

I'll  start off

1. products that don't have magnetic screws!
  2. Forgetting to put the IO shield (why can everyone just have it premounted is beyond me!)
  3. PC parts that still use Molex connectors - it's useless!!! SATA works just perfectly and there is an actual reason for it in a modern build
  4. the fact that you have to install at least 3 different application just to manage you RGB on a normal build (unlike most tech youtuber that get everything from the same vendor)

There is a bunch more but that's enough from me... :)

the 600 dollar budget i was given...

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

Motherboard wires, think thats the only thing i hate having it put them exactly into place..

Most else like cable managment or seeing my second ever pc being built DID NOT boot was also so much fun figuring out.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

When I create an OE (operator error) and spend an inordinate amount of time troubleshooting to realize I forgot to plug the PSU cable in.  

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

Marketing.

Dear lord, the marketing in this industry is absolutely awful.

I'm sorry, but I just prefer to call a spade a spade. I don't need all these meaningless marketing bells and whisltes to tell me something is EPIC GAMER HARDWARE for EPIC GAMERS. Buzzwords and EPIC GAMER branding comes across as extra cringe to me and is easily the thing I hate most about PC building.  Like, I'm not talking about instances where there are nice aesthetics involved in certain hardware because that's a tangible improvement to the product that you can choose to include (which is why I don't hate RGB - the customizability is genuinely cool to me). But having cringe marketing in your face all the time gets tiring.

It's entirely possible that I misinterpreted/misread your topic and/or question. This happens more often than I care to admit. Apologies in advance.

珠江 (Pearl River): CPU: Intel i7-12700K (8p4e/20t); Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming Plus Z690 WiFi; RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 @3200MHz CL16; Cooling Solution: NZXT Kraken Z53 240mm AIO, w/ 2x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fans; GPU: EVGA Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 10GB FTW3 Ultra; Storage: Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB; Samsung 970 EVO, 1TB; Crucial MX500, 2TB; PSU: Corsair RM850x; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB, Black; Display(s): Primary: ASUS ROG Swift PG279QM (1440p 27" 240 Hz); Secondary: Acer Predator XB1 XB241H bmipr (1080p 24" 144 Hz, 165 Hz OC); Case Fans: 1x Lian Li ST120 RGB Fan, 3x stock RGB fans; Capture Card: Elgato HD60 Pro

翻生 (Resurrection): CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 v2; Motherboard: ASUS Z9PR-D12 (C602 chipset) SSI-EEB; RAM: Crucial 32GB (8x4GB) DDR3 ECC RAM; Cooling Solution: 2x Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO; GPU: ASRock Intel ARC A380 Challenger ITX; StorageCrucial MX500, 500GB; PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750W; Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro; Expansion Card: TP-Link Archer T4E AC1200 PCIe Wi-Fi Adapter Display(s): Dell P2214HB (1080p 22" 60 Hz)

壯麗 (Glorious): Mainboard: Framework Mainboard w/ Intel Core i5-1135G7; RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 SODIMM @3200MHz CL22; eGPU: Razer Core X eGPU Enclosure w/ (between GPUs at the moment); Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 1TB; Display(s): Internal Display: Framework Display; External Display: Acer (unknown model) (1080p, 21" 75 Hz)

On 2/27/2021 at 10:10 PM, BillyGoat1776 said:

CABLES.  They come in only two (2) lengths:

1. Not quite long enough.

2. WAY too long.

Frustrates the Goat!  Maaaaahh!! 😄

For my cleaner builds, I shorten or extend them as needed...but adds a lot of time to the build to solder and heat shrink them so they are reliable and look nice.  For a premium you can purchase custom cables.  However, I just do it myself (cheaper).

~Billy G.

ohh, yeah I hate how that works out.

• 3 weeks later...

elitism (PCMR)

people saying everything needs lights

my mouse is the only thing that has RGB.

my keyboard is white light.

So Many game launchers.

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang