(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

2 hours ago, Humbug said:

you can tell just how much he wanted to rush this video out based purely on that amazing photoshop job

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Oh, that title hit me in the feels...

8 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Ryzen 5 3600X

6 Cores | 12 Threads
3.8GHz Base | 4.4GHz Boost

32MB Cache | 32MB L3, 3MB L2
105W TDP

249$ USD

It's kind of crazy how that's the price I paid for my i5-8600K last year.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

9 hours ago, ThePD said:

The leaks were completely unrealistic. I am happy for such high IPC improvement with the massive drop in power consumption. That 3900X tho... Goddamn

The leaks weren't terribly far off either. The information I have gotten also points to the 16c/32t chip launching in another 1/4 or so. Apparently, they haven't got enough binned chips for it. Some of that is due to the epyc line, some because they don't really need to launch it right now.

I think they are keeping it as an ace in the hole for when Intel launches their 10c chips.

As for the 12core chip... I am really curious to see how it overclocks, but I would expect those 4.6ghz chips to hit 4.75 or 4.8ghz with XFR 2.0. My only real requirement for this series was to hitting 4.7ghz or higher and I am pretty confident that will be happening.

I have a feeling micro-center will see a 2500+ dollar build from me in July. Now I need to decide whether to keep my evga reference card with block or if I should sell it and pickup a ftw3 with block. 

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

The leaks weren't terribly far off either. The information I have gotten also points to the 16c/32t chip launching in another 1/4 or so. Apparently, they haven't got enough binned chips for it. Some of that is due to the epyc line, some because they don't really need to launch it right now.

I think they are keeping it as an ace in the hole for when Intel launches their 10c chips.

As for the 12core chip... I am really curious to see how it overclocks, but I would expect those 4.6ghz chips to hit 4.75 or 4.8ghz with XFR 2.0. My only real requirement for this series was to hitting 4.7ghz or higher and I am pretty confident that will be happening.

I have a feeling micro-center will see a 2500+ dollar build from me in July. Now I need to decide whether to keep my evga reference card with block or if I should sell it and pickup a ftw3 with block. 

The leaks not being far off is not an accomplishment. We knew that the chips would clock higher than the 20xx series, and would be under 5Ghz. From then on there really isnt much guessing headroom left

Now I’ve gotta think about speccing my ideal 3700X/3800X PC build...

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

9 hours ago, Jurrunio said:

So each CCX module has 6 cores by design?

8, or else there can't be 8c designs on 1 chiplet

Welp I'm buying the 3700X + X570 Taichi

Hopefully at MC for sub 500$

Holy fuck thats a lot of cache 64MB!!!

6 minutes ago, COTG said:

The leaks not being far off is not an accomplishment. We knew that the chips would clock higher than the 20xx series, and would be under 5Ghz. From then on there really isnt much guessing headroom left

Nobody would care if he was more upfront that it's speculation, maybe with some better access to rumors, but when you start making statements that cross over from speculation to factualness you need to be correct. Not close, thereabouts, correct. I'm pretty sure if I had bothered to postulate each SKU I would have been closer, I wouldn't have been so unrealistic with the pricing.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Nobody would care if he was more upfront that it's speculation, maybe with some better access to rumors, but when you start making statements that cross over from speculation to factualness you need to be correct. Not close, thereabouts, correct. I'm pretty sure if I had bothered to postulate each SKU I would have been closer, I wouldn't have been so unrealistic with the pricing.

Yeah, i can say Intel 10C cpu will be 10 cores, 5ghz, and 500$

I'd prob be really close. AdoredTV literally is clickbait.

Wow that 3700X!

9900K performance but even cheaper and most importantly....65W!

It's going to be awesome in my itx system.

I was honestly hoping all SKUs would move up instead of creating a new consumer tier but oh well. I might look into it for the IPC gains (1600 to 3600x might be a noticeable jump) but I am not motivated to do that in a hurry though.

-------

Current Rig

-------

If gaming performance is even similar to what I have now with my 8600k, I'm jumping ship. The 8600k isn't bad by any stretch but honestly after all of this spectre and meltdown bollocks I've definitely felt a drop in performance. It's even starting to chug a little with a bunch of tabs open and then switching to something like steam. Fans will ramp up and there's a little pause before anything happens.

I heavily considered Ryzen but I ultimately got the 8600k because of the gaming performance. First gen Zen was just a little too far behind for me to pick up considering pretty much all I do on my PC is browse the internet, do a little bit of coding (just as a hobby) and game. Now however? Oh boy. Intel has a fucking nightmare ahead of them unless they can get this 'ZombieLoad' and 10nm shit sorted out quick.

Can't wait to pick up either a 3700x or a 3800x come July 7th to have a full AMD system.

Gaming PC: i5 8600k @ 4.8GHz | 16GB T-Force Delta RGB @ 3200Mhz | Asus Prime Z370-A | Sapphire Radeon VII (Dead :( ), RX480 8GB | EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 | 120GB Sandisk SSD Plus, 120GB Kingston A400 | 4TB Seagate 7200RPM , 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Phanteks P400 Windows 10, MacOS Catalina

Second PC: i5 3340s @ 2.8GHz | 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1333MHz | EVGA 750Ti SC | Cheap £7 250GB WD HDD Windows 7

LaptopLate 2009 MacBook (Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram, 120GB SSD, 9400m, running Mojave) , Late 2013 MacBook Pro Retina (i5, 4GB Ram, 128GB SSD)

Consoles: Xbox One, PS4 Slim, PS3 slim, Xbox 360 fat still going strong after almost 10 years, Original Xbox, PS2, PS1

Phone: Realme 6, Xiaomi Mi A2, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x, iPhone 6s (jailbroken)

Tablet: iPad Mini 2nd Gen Retina (Jailbroken)

Headphones:  Hifiman HE4xx, Phillips Fidelio X2, Status Audio CB-1,  Fiio E10k DAC, Schiit Magni 3+, Tin T2 IEM's, Astrotec S80

Keyboards:  2x Custom 60% - 1x Gateron Yellow, 1x Box Reds

Great news.

As the owner of an ASUS X370 Pro, I'm especially happy with ASUS claiming their 1st gen mobos will be able to withstand 3rd gen Ryzen. If 3rd gen offers enough advantage over 1st gen, I might end up upgrading in a couple years when 4th gen comes along and 3rd gen prices drop. ❤️ 

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

8, or else there can't be 8c designs on 1 chiplet

its 4 cores per ccx, 2 ccxs per chiplet

8 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

its 4 cores per ccx, 2 ccxs per chiplet

oh, i see.

11 hours ago, Kobz360 said:

Oh boy, Intel is in trouble. The biggest wildcard is why the TDP differential between the 3700X and the 3800X is so high. At that point I thought there was something really up with power consumption, but then they announced the 3900X also at 105W..

Either way, this is pretty awesome and I'm curious to see if these parts will hit 5GHz. I've got a pretty good feeling they will and at these price points, it'll be interesting to see what Intel can do from here. That 12C/24T part at 499USD is a serious undercut 

Because the 3800X should be significantly OCable compared to the 3700X. I'm pretty sure that those will hit 5GHz one or two cores on the 3700X, and probably 4 cores on the 3800X something like that. Thatd explain the tdp jump

Clearly a 16 core model is possible, so it begs the question why not announce it today? Was it going to be $500 and AMD changed their minds due to Intel's recent hardships? 

Early July will be great. I can't wait to see how these chips perform. 

8 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Because the 3800X should be significantly OCable compared to the 3700X. I'm pretty sure that those will hit 5GHz one or two cores on the 3700X, and probably 4 cores on the 3800X something like that. Thatd explain the tdp jump

Probably just binning and how comfortable they are with pushing more power through the chip. 

Also, the 3700X should be super exciting if this new micro-architecture scales down to the laptop chip... The 3700X is impressive on its own, but it's a good omen for the mobile variants.

8 minutes ago, descendency said:

Clearly a 16 core model is possible, so it begs the question why not announce it today? Was it going to be $500 and AMD changed their minds due to Intel's recent hardships? 

Early July will be great. I can't wait to see how these chips perform. 

I think it's not what we think it is. People are saying they are holding back the 16 core in case Intel have a good answer. I think there's a bit of that going on, but..I think that if they released the 16 core now, the 12 core sales would suffer. It's kind of like threadripper. Who buys the 2970WX? Nobody. They either buy the 2950x or the 2990WX.

And it's the same situation here. They'll want to maximize 12 core sales by making it the temporary flagship, and then once the sales are where they want them, they'll add on the 16 core. Otherwise everybody would buy the 16 core or the 8 core, and forget the 12 core.

17 minutes ago, descendency said:

Clearly a 16 core model is possible,

Maybe from the chiplet configuration aspect, but it might not be from the aspect of thermals or power draw, the socket itself might not be able to handle it. And that's something we won't know until either overclockers push the socket itself to its limit or AMD says something.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

7 minutes ago, MeatFeastMan said:

I think it's not what we think it is. People are saying they are holding back the 16 core in case Intel have a good answer. I think there's a bit of that going on, but..I think that if they released the 16 core now, the 12 core sales would suffer. It's kind of like threadripper. Who buys the 2970WX? Nobody. They either buy the 2950x or the 2990WX.

And it's the same situation here. They'll want to maximize 12 core sales by making it the temporary flagship, and then once the sales are where they want them, they'll add on the 16 core. Otherwise everybody would buy the 16 core or the 8 core, and forget the 12 core.

Or they need all those chips for the server market, because they are really hungry for some 64 core processors, which need all the best dies.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Great news from AMD. Ryzen 3000 looks very promising for gamers and content creators. and prices are very reasonable. I bet intel are kicking themselves right now. 

58 minutes ago, Origami Cactus said:

Or they need all those chips for the server market, because they are really hungry for some 64 core processors, which need all the best dies.

They don't actually need all that great dies, server clocks are quite a bit lower than desktop so you don't actually need clock binned dies.

3 hours ago, ONOTech said:

Yeah maybe it's a NUMA config? Or at least the option to choose between the two...feeding those coras might also be the hardest part

That would be odd for an consumer level platform, and I can see some folks getting headaches from that if they are not use to handling a platform with UMA/NUMA (I have to use NUMA commands and core affinity or set to one die and local memory access for a few select games when I fire them up on my TR - the Civ games being the worst offenders).

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU