(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

How you like Adored now? 

3800x/3700x will definitely be my new proc. Gotta read/watch reviews closely in the next few months

Today we can finally confirm that Adored is an untrustable schmuck.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Just now, Drak3 said:

So, no source.

The computex stream we all just watched??

AMD-Ryzen-3000-performance.jpg

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Gonna look forward to launch date on these though. Going to be nuts at work...

Just now, TheSLSAMG said:

Today we can finally further confirm that Adored is an untrustable schmuck.

FTFY.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

The computex stream we all just watched??

Ignoring the context of my last reply. Nice.

Get back to me when you have multiple independent, verifiable sources.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Not sure why AMD is staying away from laptops. Quad Zen 2 and Navi would be pretty amazing for laptops. If it's a branding issue, would probably be good to get that marketing department some midnight oil to burn.

Better than that they could actually easily make 6-core APUs with Zen2 cores and Navi graphics if they wanted to. On performance at a given TDP Intel would have no answer considering the new architectures and 7nm combined.

I'm pretty sure it is not a branding issue. They probably do not feel confident that there is enough 7nm capacity to do desktop CPUs, GPUs and laptops simultaneously. So they pushed laptops to 2020...

Just now, Drak3 said:

Ignoring the context of my last reply. Nice.

Get back to me when you have multiple independent, verifiable sources.

Dude what, it's fine to wait for review to purchase but it's obviously clear that AMD is not exactly trying THAT hard. You literally ask me for a source and then complain about the only source in existence.

IPC is matched up to intel, just accept it

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

2 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

You literally ask me for a source

I asked you for a source that AMD is sandbagging. You have none.

I asked you for a source that AMD has decided to not release a 16 core CPU on AM4 despite being able to. You have none.

3 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

IPC is matched up to intel, just accept it

Actually, according to AMD, they surpass it. Intel has a ~5% lead over current Ryzen, and Ryzen 3 supposedly brings a 15% increase.

But no one should believe that until verified by multiple independent sources. We've gotten many of these claims over the years, and they turned out to be false.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Better than that they could actually easily make 6-core APUs with Zen2 cores and Navi graphics if they wanted to. On performance at a given TDP Intel would have no answer considering the new architectures and 7nm combined.

I'm pretty sure it is not a branding issue. They probably do not feel confident that there is enough 7nm capacity to do desktop CPUs, GPUs and laptops simultaneously. So they pushed laptops to 2020...

For the majority of consumers (not counting gamers or anylne else with regular. Heavy workloads), I feel even quad core with SMT is pretty overkill, let alone hex core. I think a small die approach with modest iGPU (more than enough for casual games + running AAA titles at reduced settings) and excellent power consumption characteristics would excel here while costing relatively little and not asking overly much of fabs to produce.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3700x /3800x / 3900x  okay, but where are the non-X of these chips?

also we dont have Wraith spore with RGB LED

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Actually, according to AMD, they surpass it. Intel has a ~5% lead over current Ryzen, and Ryzen 3 supposedly brings a 15% increase.

But no one should believe that until verified by multiple independent sources. We've gotten many of these claims over the years, and they turned out to be false.

Yep. It looks to me like AMD has gone slightly ahead on IPC.

But for single threaded workloads Intel can offset that with higher clockspeeds (5Ghz) as long as they are willing to throw noise/efficiency/heat etc out of the window. But Intel has to at least do that because they are losing badly in multi-threaded where they have no chance.

2 hours ago, ONOTech said:

I wonder how the dual die will affect latency on the 3900X. They said it was a good gaming chip based on the PUBG clip, but I'm taking it with a grain of salt until I see independent benches.

I'm curious about that as well.  Hopefully some layouts of the internals show up later.

Maybe those will get similar modes like TRs have with distributed and local mode with memory access.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

13 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I asked you for a source that AMD is sandbagging. You have none.

I asked you for a source that AMD has decided to not release a 16 core CPU on AM4 despite being able to. You have none.

As i said before matched MINIMUM.

The 12 core CPU's are 16 core cpu's. Be real now, you think they dont have working 8 core chiplets? Nice meme dude

7 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

As i said before matched MINIMUM.

Which doesn't line up with AMD's IPC numbers and boost clocks.

8 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

The 12 core CPU's are 16 core cpu's.

unnamed.gif.6f7d910d07dea72c1b9df366311b2347.gif

13 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Be real now, you think they dont have working 8 core chiplets?

That's irrelevant. We're not talking about whether or not AMD has 8 core chips. We're talking about AMD's mythical 16 core AM4 chip never showing up.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

It's not like AMD isnt allowed to announce more sku's later as they undoubtedly will lmao

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

It's not like AMD isnt allowed to announce more sku's later as they undoubtedly will lmao

Source for AMD having ever planned a 16 core chip, if you would Jim.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

they make 8 core chiplets, they can put 2 chiplets on am4, the mobo makers are making vrm's to support extreme overclocking and/or high score counts, steve from gamers nexus seems to have information as well.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Apparently MSI just vastly over-engineered the VRMs on the 570's for shits and giggles.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Well there are 2 sides to the AMD 16 core.

It is technically very possible, and there have been engineering samples, BUT, it would be a 16 core chip on dual channel memory...

I don't know how much that would affect performance, but that can't be good at all.

I think that 16 would be better suited for quad channel memory.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Unless the chiplets are different then they contain 8 cores each, information you can gather by the EPYC lineup.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Unless the chiplets are different then they contain 8 cores each, information you can gather by the EPYC lineup.

yes,

22 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

the 12 core CPU's are 16 core cpu's.

4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

they make 8 core chiplets, they can put 2 chiplets on am4, the mobo makers are making vrm's to support extreme overclocking and/or high score counts, steve from gamers nexus seems to have information as well.

Hmm. Do I listen to Steve Burke, or contrarians on the internet?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

they make 8 core chiplets, they can put 2 chiplets on am4,

Give us an actual source. Not excuses. Not hearsay.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

It is technically very possible

I don't care that it's technically possible. That's irrelevant to the question of whether AMD was even planning on one to begin with.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

had another table done, this time to include R5 and the related R3 rumor

one of the 8c16T part seems to be spot on. maybe because THAT's what the CPU was during the CPU teaser demo at CES

image.png.5dea571b2fadede17be988a1a7c3cb47.png

lol that price optimism