(16core added)AMD 3000 specs! 4.7 GHZ, R9 3950x, R7 3700x, 3800x.

4 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

With Zen, the Cache is part of the CCX, so if they kept the 4Core design and 2 CCX, they can easily deactivate half the Cache by deactivating a whole CCX.

And they seem to be able to deactivate the L3 in Portions as well.

the issue then is that we also have news of AMD not having to use a dummy-die to make the CPU run like in threadripper. so they most likely run a single chiplet whenever they can. a dummydies is still technically a functioning die that could be 2 core parts for mobile. 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Zen/Zen+ had them in 2MB slices, any idea why AMD opted to limit L3 cache on those mobile APUs?

No idea.

Power Consumption shouldn't be an issue, should it??

SO that only leaves Die Size and cost.

Even in Desktop, my 2400G is pretty efficient and can idle at 20W - 25W Youtube - whole Sytem!

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

4 minutes ago, Humbug said:

tbh I wouldn't be surprised to see 5Ghz OC, but besides that if you're going to jump in you might as well go in head first ?

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

unlikely, we can allready see the shadow of an ugly voltage curve in the spec sheet. 

offcourse we need to wait, but im expecting 4,7 on regular samples and 4,8 on the best possible chips. 

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

unlikely, we can allready see the shadow of an ugly voltage curve in the spec sheet. 

offcourse we need to wait, but im expecting 4,7 on regular samples and 4,8 on the best possible chips. 

5Ghz? Easy mate

Image result for Intel water chiller

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Yep, fully agree. I expect 4.7Ghz to be the common point most overclockers will hit. 4.8 for those who are lucky with good silicon.

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Yep, fully agree. I expect 4.7Ghz to be the common point most overclockers will hit. 4.8 for those who are lucky with good silicon.

and considering the IPC of Zen 2. that is a very good clockspeed. not super impressive, though nothing to skoff at. 

edit: we also need to remember that 7nm probably cant handle the 1,45 volts that 14/12nm could handle. i will say 1,37 max untill we get some confimation. 

4 minutes ago, leadeater said:

5Ghz? Easy mate

Image result for Intel water chiller

wonder how the OC race will be between youtubers. hopefully we will see something like industrial fans and chillers involved. 

13 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

edit: we also need to remember that 7nm probably cant handle the 1,45 volts that 14/12nm could handle. i will say 1,37 max untill we get some confimation. 

Yes true.

However 7nm is still relatively new. So the process node will mature, and a year from now as fabrication continues we will probably start seeing people hitting higher stable overclocks with the same voltage.

Same holds for Navi and Radeon 7...

1 minute ago, Humbug said:

Yes true.

However 7nm is still relatively new. So the process node will mature, and a year from now as fabrication continues we will probably start seeing people hitting higher stable overclocks with the same voltage.

early CPUs it seems like they are actually binned. 

but when it comes to late production chips. stuff like late r7 1700 chips were overclocking to 4,0 instead of the 3,8 and 3,9 wall people were hitting earlier in the production cycle. so the process certainly will mature, perhaps to a point where AMD doesnt bin them anymore to save on cost. 

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Intel HEDT Stock Cooler

for Netflix and chill

7 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Intel HEDT Stock Cooler

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

for Netflix and chill

Netflix and grill!*

ddmye2xxcae9lr0-jpg.89917

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I want to buy this processor. but when available in Bangladesh. amazon available?

43 minutes ago, sonnashi said:

I want to buy this processor. but when available in Bangladesh. amazon available?

7th of July is apperantly the launch date. So expect it then

8 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

PCIe is not correct as 4 of those lanes are for Chipset and not usable on most consumer Boards (only on "A300" "Chipset").

And with X570 AMD claims 40 PCIe 4.0 lanes...

It is correct. 4 lanes to chipset is still 4 lanes. The 40 PCIe lanes is basically about matching Intel on lanes available to devices although like Intel's it's a some creative calculations. In this case those 4 lanes to the chipset go in and 16 come out. So 24 from CPU + 16 from chipset -that makes 40. Math is cool like that.

One thing I find hard to understand is the 4 direct CPU lanes. Can I use an SSD and a GPU direct to it at the same time, or if I use one I lose the ability to use the other?

4 minutes ago, VMBRA_ said:

One thing I find hard to understand is the 4 direct CPU lanes. Can I use an SSD and a GPU direct to it at the same time, or if I use one I lose the ability to use the other?

Ryzen dedicates 16 lanes for GPUs (up to 2 in most cases) and dedicates another 4 for an NVMe SSD, so you can use both directly off the CPU.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

30 minutes ago, VMBRA_ said:

am4 platforms allow for 16 lanes for the first 2 slots (either x16,x0 or x8, x8) 4 lanes only for nvme ssds, and whatever the chipset gives you, though when plugin the ssd in check your manual, as some boards will have m.2s coming from the chipset which should at the very least add some latency 

5 hours ago, Humbug said:

Well let's see he's been wrong up to this point.

Let's trust him now!

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 minutes ago, Plutosaurus said:

Let's trust him now!

Well, with enough LN2, anything is possible!*

*Not everything is possible, regardless of how much LN2 you throw at it.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Pretty solid anouncement by AMD. 15% IPC improvement is nothing to sneeze at.

3700X won't be enough of an improvement in either clock speed or IPC to make me upgrade from my 2700X though. Between the .1 Ghz improvement and the IPC, I expect it will be max 15% faster.

I am more excited for the 3900X, nice to see a 12 core come to AM4! And at those clock speeds as well..

When can we expect reviewers to received preview kits?

1 hour ago, Plutosaurus said:

Let's trust him now!

What Linus said in his last Video about AMD/Zen2 also looked like Zen2 might have been a good overclocker...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"