Best Place To Live if money didnt matter

cluelessgenius
17 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

see i agree 100% but i would kinda need to leave the country for that since you cant do jack shit to your car here. and even if you get everything registered and approved youll still have to deal with being pulled over every 2 hours and having to prove to every officer individually that you have all the paper work ....and he still might inpound your car

I assume the German cops operate VERY differently to how it is where I am. Because as far as I'm concerned, here the cops are more likely to do us for overly dark windows tints and frivolous number plate offenses than actually opening the hood to check the real goodies underneath.

That is of course assuming one doesn't drive and mod their cars like an attention-seeking moron, otherwise have fun explaining to the cops why you have a JDM half-cut with a VIN that doesn't match what was on registration card, and also why this supposedly automatic Honda is now a manual.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

Ocean view with little regulation...

If you like sunny, able to wait a few more days in your freight shipping... Montevideo Uruguay for sure.

Perhaps Panama if you like tax heavens. 

If you like cloudy and not so much heat, and speedy freight shipping then Lima Peru. Plus everything is quite cheap. 

If you want still ocean but are also fond to mountains perhaps then Santiago Chile. 

That is all if you want more active oceans for surfing and the views. If you care to swim much then Puket thailand or Bali Indonesia. 

Singapore is out of the question. 

But with 40 mil  you might get to have a roommate in NY xD.

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K @4.9 GHz 6-Core Processor CPU Cooler: be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU CoolerMotherboard: MSI - Z370I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard Memory: PNY - Anarchy 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 @3000 MemoryStorage: 960 evo 500gbVideo Card:place holderCase: Phanteks - Enthoo EVOLV ITX TG (Black) Mini ITX Desktop Case Power Supply:SeaSonic - EVO Edition 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 pwm 59.5 CFM  140mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Case Fan: be quiet! - SilentWings 3 PWM High-Speed 73.3 CFM  120mm Fan Monitor: Dell - S2716DG 27.0" 2560x1440 144Hz Monitor Mouse: Place holder Sony H.ear on Wireless Noise Cancelling Headphone, Charcoal Black (MDR100ABN/B)  LEOBOG K26 Wired RGB Mechanical Keyboard,Gaming Keyboard,RGB Color Backlight,104 Key,Anti-Ghosting For Full Key,Blue Switches,Aluminum Chassis,Detachable wrist rest,PC,Computer, Laptop,BLACK (Black)EZDIY-FAB Sleeved Cable - Cable extension for power supply with extra-sleeved 24 PIN 8PIN 6PIN 4+4 PIN With COMBS- Black Grey

pcpartpicker: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/resdal42/saved/sCW6XL

Florida.

No snow and on the East coast.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 5/21/2019 at 8:22 AM, Princess Luna said:

On 5/21/2019 at 1:20 PM, Princess Luna said:

I wish I'd seen more of the north then, I stayed 3 months on UK and yes it was at the very south, a town called Brighton you probably know of hehe.

Yeah was gonna say by "Britain/British" you definitely meant England. You'd recieve a much warmer welcome in Scotland. 

@topic if money was no object I'd have my own peice of land in the Dominican (on holiday there rn. It's beautiful and perfect for tans haha), including private beach decked out with fastest Internet etc etc. I'd then use the rest of the cash to invest in property (NICE air bnb property etc in Dominican/places round the world) then shit back in my boat n let the cash roll in ?

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Australia. Either Victoria or Tasmania, however. A lot of this country is expensive a lot of stuff. But realistically, it's one of the best countries in the world. (in before someone whines about our internet or government) but really, we have great weather, interesting & unique animals, universal healthcare that is awesome, beautiful landscapes, and we have a thriving industry based on small batch stuff from alcohol to awesome food.

On 5/22/2019 at 5:40 AM, comander said:

If money didn't matter you'd have several homes across the world. 

I would probably do a mix of Japan, Singapore, Dubai, Los Angeles, somewhere on the Gold Coast, and some middle of nowhere back country place in the US. 

Money does matter though so I'm stuck pretty much wherever I can get the most pay without making too many sacrifices. 

Gold Coast, as in Queensland Australia? If so may as well just go to Miami, similar climate & look & probably less fake & bullshit than here.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

I would do the same as lewdicrous. Home isn't perfect but everything I'm living for is here. I would travel with the end goal of going home a little more open-minded.

Edited by airENOwevEr778
Forgot to quote, added the user I was supposed to quote

HI, WA and CO looks nice. New Zealand seems like a nice country to retire when I’m old. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I'd either stay in New Zealand and move somewhere out of the city - you can build a massive seaview house for ~$2-3m here; or i'd potentially move to Melbourne or Brisbane in Australia. 

I've travelled Australia, America, Canada, South Africa, Britain, Europe...i've always been intrigued by South America (Brazil, Argentina, Chile, etc..) and would love to visit as well as touring SE Asia, but right now for living i'd stay in Oceania. 

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO + 4 Additional Venturi 120mm Fans | 14 x 20TB Seagate Exos X22 20TB | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

4 hours ago, comander said:

As an American, Australia is different and in some senses novel. Culturally there's a lot in common between Australia and the US but the gap is bigger than between most states. 

Besides it's a lot harder to fly to Ayers Rock from Florida. 

Also US summer = Australia winter and vice versa. Southern hemisphere was a deliberate choice. I also chose places where English only speakers can get around... I would probably brush up on some of my languages, they've decayed to where I can only read. 

Our winters are all over the place. We see snow in the ACT, Victoria & Tasmania. But warmer humid temperatures in Far North Queensland & the Northern Territory. We also get to minus temps over night where I am on the Gold Coast, but see high teens to low 20's during the day.  (Celsius by the way)

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Norway

because you get cold,

you get cold,

you get 4G,

you get cold,

you get hot

you get big rocks

you get cold

you get TG

you get cold

i think you get the picture. 

I'd stay in the mid west but more towards the northern side closer to Canada and buy up a good chunk of land so there is no one near me for a few miles at minimum.

Not too much in the ways of asshole bugs, spiders, lizards, no worries of hurricanes, earthquakes, just tickling the edge of tornado alley at worst.

Consider owning multiple places, or travelling until you find the right spot yourself. $40m isn't an endless amount of money though ;/

6 minutes ago, Loote said:

$40m isn't an endless amount of money though ;/

it can be if you invest wisely

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just outside a medium sized city, right in the country but still close to all the city has to offer. Move any time something is annexed or the population spreads more. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

right now im thinking malibu might be nice if it werent for the fire hazard

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Indonesia my own country its just great if you have infinite money you can have infinite authorities.