Youtube forced to step in.

AlexOak
14 hours ago, AlexOak said:

a lot of bad apples thought it was a good idea to write hate speech in comments during the stream.

Oh and what was this "Hate Speech"??? Do you have an example of that?!
And keep in mind that the whole hearing was total insanity...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

15 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Why did they think comments would be a good idea?

If you want to provide a livestream of a government event, just do a video stream, just like C-SPAN. Comment about it on Twitter like a normal person. 

Comments in general aren't a bad idea as you can see what the "normal People" think...

The Thing is that the whole hearing was totally toxic and racist.

In other words: It shouldn't have happened at all!

You in the US have the 1st Amendment and the Hearing was about "White Nationalism" and "White Seperatism" (and no I didn't watch it because I wanted to keep my sanity so I stayed away from the Hearing. But I guess it was a total shitshow. They even called a black girl a "White Supremacist" and other shit)...

Are they for real?! Thatt alone is total racist and bigotet. What about "Black Nationalism" and "Black Seperatism"? Why is that OK or should there be a difference between the two?! 

What the heck were they thinking?!

As for the CNN and other Stuff:
Its just the usual rage Bait Shit, I'd just ignore them.

And I bet that the "Racist" Comments were the ones that were making fun of the People there because it probably was a total shitshow.

The Hate Speech was them calling the people in Congress out for their bullshit, lies, misrepresentation and racism.

Essentially:

Just a bunch of Internet users doing Internet sutff. 

17 hours ago, jstudrawa said:

Problem is their parents are the ones who raised them to be this way....

I think the word you're looking for is "spawned" not raised.

Mind you, you know what else gets raised and spews shit... that's right, arseholes.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

So the majority were busy reading the comments, rather than paying attention to the livestream. They can just hide the chat and not read it. While hate speech is bad, I just feel people these days are too fragile. Fragile to the point where, I have to think words coming out of me, is going to offended them or not.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

I just feel people these days are too fragile.

DAT IS HATE SPEECH!1111

How can you say that!!11

There isn't just the "N-Word", there is also the "R-Word", wich is used to describe a mental problem, that is too offensive.

30 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

DAT IS HATE SPEECH!1111

How can you say that!!11

There isn't just the "N-Word", there is also the "R-Word", wich is used to describe a mental problem, that is too offensive.

Don't forget then V-word,T-word, I-word, H-word, and about every word on the English alphabet!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 minute ago, NumLock21 said:

Don't forget then V-word,T-word, I-word, H-word, and about every word on the English alphabet!

You got me, I'M lost...

Oh and the shit hit the fan:
A swede went to a "New Tech" Streaming Plattform...

6 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Found out recently that there's a run on numbers being "hate symbols". I think 61 is still a safe number, but it's hard to know anymore.

6 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Found out recently that there's a run on numbers being "hate symbols". I think 61 is still a safe number, but it's hard to know anymore.

I have a better one. 

Spoiler

25 ;)

3 hours ago, duncannah said:

Just another US only problem

No it is not. Racism is a human problem. Not a problem that only exists within the borders of a country.

13 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Creating an echo chamber is the worst thing a company like this can do to a society. If things continue down this path, they will have blood on their hands, and those of their descendants.

Didn't this already happen to YouTube? Didn't they start banning tons of videos of gun safety and then some crazy person who they demonetized showed up at YouTube HQ and shot the place up?

48 minutes ago, ThePD said:

No it is not. Racism is a human problem. Not a problem that only exists within the borders of a country.

Most developed countries deal with people like that

🙂

44 minutes ago, duncannah said:

Most developed countries deal with people like that

And the United States doesn't? You don't even know what you are talking about. Generalizing a whole nation is the same principal of racism. The generalization of a group of people.

1 minute ago, ThePD said:

And the United States doesn't?

Nope, they don't.

Certain Racist aren't dealt with, they are even encouraged by the Media and shit like that.

And some people can't do no wrong or take responsibility.

Yeah, its pretty bad in the United States because of that garbage.

I live in the United States, every person I know would denounce racism if they saw it happening first hand. You guys are extremely misguided in your views of the United States. Are there racists in the US? Absolutely. But only a fool would think this is only a United States issue.

Youtube can censor their platform as they see fit.  If a chat is getting out of hand and doesn't represent their community standards, they're free to disable it.

6 hours ago, duncannah said:

Just another US only problem

There was a mass shooting fueled by the perpetrator's racist worldview in Christchurch, New Zealand not too long ago. Did you forget about that already?

1 hour ago, Nowak said:

There was a mass shooting fueled by the perpetrator's racist worldview in Christchurch, New Zealand not too long ago. Did you forget about that already?

US based websites definitely had a hand in his radicalization

🙂

9 hours ago, ThePD said:

Racism is being brought back to the forefront, by the extremes of both parties within the US.

The left is centralizing it within themselves, the right is so far minimizing their own extremist arm. Both are using extremism and racism in order to distract from other things they are doing.

Such as a bipartisan bill that will ensure that American citizens can no longer file their taxes online for free. You can either mail them in, or pay H&R Block or TurboTax to file them online. This bill is authored by both a democrat and a republican.

Neither party has any interest in the well being of "the people", both are only interested in their own pockets, or their own self agrandizement.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, duncannah said:

US based websites definitely had a hand in his radicalization

An Australian man who idolized China kills people in new Zealand after being radicalized in Scandinavia.  Obviously this is the USA's fault.

6 hours ago, Nowak said:

The christchurch shooter was a leftist, the governments and news media companies have responded exactly as he intended. Preventing any and all from viewing his stated intentions.

The purpose of actions like this (the OP) are to point out that modern tech companies and media companies aren't actually able to identify actual instances of hate speech, but are instead just leftist mouthpieces that are completely willing to bite on any and all troll bait dropped by anyone.

Don't believe me? Go look up exactly why the OK emoji is now considered a "white nationalist" symbol or "hatespeech". It's because 4chan is playing a game that the mass media still don't get.

7 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The christchurch shooter was a leftist

Ah yes, the good ol' deflection. Some leftist he is, specifically citing Trump, Alex Jones and a number of prominent right-wingers for "inspiring" his attack.

Quit your bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Nowak said:

Ah yes, the good ol' deflection. Some leftist he is, specifically citing Trump, Alex Jones and a number of prominent right-wingers for "inspiring" his attack.

Quit your bullshit.

I'm sure you are parroting the approved opinion(TM) just fine, so be proud of yourself.

A self described eco-fascist, was inspired by the likes of Trump? Sure. Very convenient considering that manifesto has only been "read" by the mass media and been suppressed everywhere it has been uploaded.

By all means, continue believing what you are fed. Good luck finding a copy of it through google that hasn't been cherry-picked.

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I'm sure you are parroting the approved opinion(TM) just fine.

A self described eco-fascist, was inspired by the likes of Trump? Sure. Very convenient considering that manifesto has only been "read" by the mass media and been suppressed everywhere it has been uploaded.

By all means, continue believing what you are fed. Good luck finding a copy of it through google that hasn't been cherry-picked.

Au contraire, I read the manifesto.