Youtube forced to step in.

AlexOak
50 minutes ago, ThePD said:

Free Speech = Racism? 

that comment = straw man

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

The definition of hate speech i don't think is in question.

I think what some are trying to say is that nowadays people twist anything and everything in a way in which they can be offended by it, thus making that thing fit the definition of hate speech.

I don't people are implying that things like racism, or other such comments or points of view that are specifically made for the purpose of being offensive, are not hate speech, but rather than along with those,  people are also twisting other comments and benign subjects in ways to make them fit the definition of hate speech for their own personal gains or amusement.

As for censorship and free speech. A pressure vessel is prone to explosive failure, a container with an overflow system is not.  Total suppression and containment of anything will result in extreme events, gentle dissuasion and an controlled outlet reduces such events.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

It's called "J'Accuse". The fact you're appropriating a French concept without proper attribution means you're prejudiced against the French. How horrible, francophobe.

Or, maybe better, why do you torture & murder kittens? What have they ever done to you? Cat murderer.

without evidence your accusations are baseless and therefore i do not need to justify anything.

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

13 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Until you consider that they are essentially a public utility that functions as a mirror for the public to view or see itself. As does Twitter and Facebook.

At a certain point, monopolies like Youtube, twitter, and facebook need to qualify as utilities and need to be forced to respect the first amendment. That or they need to admit their own bias and disable commentary by default.

Popular? yes.  Free to use? Yes.

But..  Social media may seem like a public utility but they're still a private platform.   They have a corporate image to protect and are free to censor their platform if they feel that certain speech harms it.  Anything you post is on their server space that they pay for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the first amendment only prevent you from being silenced by the government?  If the US government owned Youtube then it would be a different story.

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Only a cat torturer would respond that way. Unless you also torture & kill puppies? Geez, what is wrong with you man, get some professional help.

you continue with these baseless accusations, its almost like your projecting. tell me do you have issues you need to talk about?

On 4/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, Sakkura said:

Those are not racist slurs...

But they are hateful and derogatory, exactly what the whole "racist" charge is about.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:36 PM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Rightwing extremisme extremism is a growing factor it seems all over the world

Fixed that for you.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, Ravenbear said:

Someone really needs to define what hate speech is.

3 hours ago, SolarNova said:

The definition of hate speech i don't think is in question.

Except that there is no actual definition for "hate speech".  Even in governments that have implemented so-called "hate speech" laws, they're constantly changing the definition and adding more things that are "hate speech" to the list.  One cannot define it so easily, because what is considered hateful is entirely subjective.

On 4/9/2019 at 1:57 PM, Sauron said:

Yeah, so much so that a spokesperson for the party in power in the US instantly jumped in to defend this behavior.

Actually, what I read is that he cautioned against taking it at face value.  I didn't see any quotes of him defending said behavior.  Please feel free to provide more information if you've seen something I overlooked.

On 4/9/2019 at 7:25 PM, Brooksie359 said:

It seems obvious that it wouldn't only be white people when you think about it but it is still weird because whenever you see racism portrayed in movies and TV shows it is usually a white person. I dont think I can think of an instance where it wasn't. 

There was one example I can think of off the top of my head.  In Die Hard 3, McClane (Willis) accused Zeus (Jackson) of being racist against white people.

On 4/10/2019 at 9:54 AM, ThePD said:

Didn't this already happen to YouTube? Didn't they start banning tons of videos of gun safety and then some crazy person who they demonetized showed up at YouTube HQ and shot the place up?

Except her videos weren't about gun safety.  In fact, I don't even think she posted any gun videos at all.  One report I read said her workout video was demonetized for being "too racy".  She also posted several videos for PETA (not your typical gun enthusiast, in other words).

33 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

But they are hateful and derogatory, exactly what the whole "racist" charge is about.

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Christiaan21-03 said:

Rightwing extremisme extremism is a growing factor it seems all over the world

Fixed that for you.

Well uhm that was without need…. I'm not even sure where you found that pack of arrogance… And this could be both right and left winged to be honest… where right is most of the time associated with agression, strict etc which your comment sure applies too this could also be left wing from a passive voice of disagreement..

Now tell me, where did you find the nerve to correct me and was it from a right or a left standpoint

20 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

Now tell me, where did you find the nerve to correct me

Because extremism in general is on the rise, regardless of which side you attribute it to.  You seemed to attribute it to one side, I'm saying it's all over.

21 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

I'm not even sure where you found that pack of arrogance

Not arrogance, just an observation.

22 minutes ago, Christiaan21-03 said:

and was it from a right or a left standpoint

Oh, the irony.

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

No. Saying something mean and saying something racist is NOT the same.

Because extremism in general is on the rise, regardless of which side you attribute it to.  You seemed to attribute it to one side, I'm saying it's all over.

Oh, the irony.

Lol your even full of bullshit... if you would only have observed you wouldn't made the correction… You even made the correction without any sense... Its not a matter what you think or have agreed on but it is my way of describing. You should have a lot of nerve to just plainly correct another person from your value standpoint. If you don't understand that you are quite the idiot