Walking guns, now Flying Guns, what's next, Diving Guns?

NovusBal

Source: https://www.tomsguide.com/us/russia-flying-rifle-drone,news-29765.html

Russian state-owned arms manufacturer Almaz-Antey has made the world’s first flying rifle, a low-cost drone that carries a Kalashnikov and can follow its target until it is dead.

Russia previously had a crazy patent design for a flying rifle, everyone assumed it was just one of those non-sensicle patents that nothing would happen with, however...

BEHOLD! (Video)

Vepr 12 Hammer is a powerful weapon that can move a lot while firing from its 10-round, box-type magazine in automatic mode. But the institute claims that its engineers managed to develop a stabilization and damping mechanism that makes sure the drone stays steady while firing.

Acording to the source this is a 23 kilo drone, that carries a 12-caliber Vepr automatic shotgun. This may seem comical at start but this actually becomes pretty terrifying pretty quickly.

Smart car navigations, electronic homes & online systems are already being hacked and exploited, now imagine the thought of someone gaining control of these for nefarious use, that is truly terrifying.

When did call of duty become real life?

I wonder if this will affect drone laws in any way as people (Criminals) become even more inspired to make those make shift janky drones with guns. Which has already happenned.

Keep it clean discussing this folks, no bringing up any unecesary topics to cause flaming.

Companies like Red Jacket (RIP) have been making these things for years. Red Jacket’s submission to the US Military was a standard quad copter with an SMG and camera attached to it.

Hell, any DIY drone hobbyist can make one.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Companies like Red Jacket (RIP) have been making these things for years. Red Jacket’s submission to the US Military was a standard quad copter with an SMG and camera attached to it.

Hell, any DIY drone hobbyist can make one.

I'm no expert but I think the challenge of handling knock back recoil on a drone flying by a few tiny motors might be a bit beyond a hobbyist, let alone targeting systems and reloading systems.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, VegetableStu said:

but USA drones shoot you too o_o

Definitively true and they are also drones, however since one can be flatpacked onto your car backseat and the other requires a garage to store this is a bit more terrifying to me personally Also comical

..I really hope someone doesn't now respond with a flatpack backseat full sized drone. That'd be awkward.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I'm no expert but I think the challenge of handling knock back recoil on a drone flying by a few tiny motors might be a bit beyond a hobbyist, let alone targeting systems and reloading systems.

Not really. Targetting is as simple as camera + front sight.

Reloading isn’t a thing with drones, you stick the largest mag you can get or use a belt fed system.

Recoil mitigation also isn’t an issue with small caliber firearms, as Red Jacket literally built a basic mount with the only consideration for recoil being choosing a camera with good stabilization.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

27 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

Changed title, as yes it honestly was a poor choice.

"the first flying rifle"

For some reason this scares me a bit more:

image.thumb.png.38de9340233306dcc409190a18f6d23e.png

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, Sauron said:

Snip

I refer to my other comment, a person with a properly developed gun with wings that can fit into a flatpack on your backseat, vs trying to hide a drone in a garage (Hasn't that actually happenned before or am I watching too many movies?).

I find these to be vasty different to each other

2 minutes ago, NovusBal said:

Changed title, as yes it honestly was a poor choice.

Red Jacket already make a driving gun as well, based off the Ripsaw Platform, I believe.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

o_o didn't mean to knock the original title. sorry if it turned out that way ,_,

Don't worry! It's true though :)

Plus with the borderlands release this just fits so much better.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Red Jacket already make a driving gun as well, based off the Ripsaw Platform, I believe.

Kind of like a mini-rc gun platform isn't that one? Think i've seen that one previously, with terrain treads on it?

6 minutes ago, NovusBal said:

Kind of like a mini-rc gun platform isn't that one? Think i've seen that one previously, with terrain treads on it?

Something like that.

And there’s also a show that is just midifying existing cars ro be RC platforms and they have mounted machine guns to remote controlled RVs.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, NovusBal said:

I refer to my other comment, a person with a properly developed gun with wings that can fit into a flatpack on your backseat, vs trying to hide a drone in a garage (Hasn't that actually happenned before or am I watching too many movies?).

I find these to be vasty different to each other

Sure, but this drone isn't really any more dangerous than an armed hitman and probably not much harder to trace back to the owner... I mean, unless the owner just abandons it you can follow it straight back to them. Hacking could be a problem, but the chances of a hacker actually snatching control from you mid flight are pretty slim - they still need to be in range to pilot it, even if it's partly automated, so it probably wouldn't be too hard to trace them either.

46 minutes ago, NovusBal said:

I wonder if this will affect drone laws in any way as people (Criminals) become even more inspired to make those make shift janky drones with guns. Which has already happenned.

For all intents and purposes it's a gun, so I would expect gun regulations to apply to this too. I would also expect drone regulations to apply to this - the two combined probably cover enough ground to prevent the need of new legislation in most countries.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

47 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Not sure if you aware of about one made a while back (three years actually), but an individual managed to take a drone and made it handle firing an handgun.  Caused a FAA investigation as well.  The kicker, it was a 18-year old making the drone for a college project.  

Then there also a video of someone showing how to mount a BB gun onto a small drone.

There also the Belaursian military with their crazy RPG mounted drone.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

And they blow up a small square mile in addition...

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

1 hour ago, Dissitesuxba11s said:

They should look into a walking gun next.

Better source: Portal and Portal 2

Spoiler

image.png.102c53bb654c2a098b7a6e974de3df6e.png

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

5 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

And they blow up a small square mile in addition...

How is a small square mile different to a large square mile?

More seriously if they'd put a minigun or equivalent thereof on this thing it would be a lot scarier, but this clearly has an effective range not much greater if any than a handgun, add on the elevation above ground and it's far from the most dangerous thing they could have built.

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.102c53bb654c2a098b7a6e974de3df6e.png

Haha, they're basically the fluttershy of automated weaponry aren't they?

Just now, CarlBar said:

Haha, they're basically the fluttershy of automated weaponry aren't they?

That is correct.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

People like me attaching guns to drones have been happening since drones became mainstream.  This is nothing new.

Youtube will be your friend to see how many years rednecks have been doing this.  A fully automatic glock on a drone is a scary thing.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Those don’t walk.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Hobbyists could put guns on drones already if they want and can make a drone to break down so as to fit into a pack and be reassembled.

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Didn't watch the full video yet but how strong is the knockback on the drone if firing more than one shot at a time?

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor