Malaysia's First Flying Car will be revealed this year.

ZeroAiden

As Malaysian, it's not that I don't think that we have the capability of doing it, but to suddenly reveal it this year? It sound so far fetched to me.

In the meanwhile, we'll just wait and see how the development goes.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/02/26/redzuan-malaysias-first-flying-car-to-be-revealed-this-year/

Wait, people still want flying cars? 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

its either 3 things. 

a car with a gas turbine/turboprop that can go fast and turn into a plane (likely). 

a car with a gas turbine/turboprop that has retractible helicopter stuff (unlikely)

a car with gas turbine/turboprop or jet engine that can vertically lift the vehicle.  (less liekly but more likely than helicoter)

providing the vehicle is less than 1500kg. which would allow it to do most if not all of the above using Turboprop shizz

6 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

yes. for some reason people want a gas turbine taking up their entire trunk to have some impractical vehicle that can fly with bad handling characteristics

6 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

yes. for some reason people want a gas turbine taking up their entire trunk to have some impractical vehicle that can fly with bad handling characteristics

Get a plane 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Who wants to guess its looks? My predictions are, it's gonna look like an airplane that briefly resembles car design. Because aerodynamics are a bitch and "flying cars" always end up like that.

15 minutes ago, D13H4RD said:

I think people just want to fly in general, and, if the history of flying vehicles is anything to go by, are more attracted to the idea of it than actually willing to purchase a flying car.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

5 minutes ago, PacketMan said:

think this is more accurate since the mobility is an issue, having to build dozens of landing spaces and yet having to walk a lot to wherever you wanted to go is a waste of resources and a nonsense

Using clever earodynamics you can get a piplane to work.

If not verical takeoff using a compressed air to control small movements with a central movable nozzle. They might need to use afterburner to get propper trust. Or larger fins to get a gasturbine to work. 

4 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

inb4 first international armed incident over manned flying car trespassing neighbouring country's airspace ._.

Hopefully they dont have autopilot and we get another mig incident with an unmanned plane flying over foreign aerospace

Because yes that happened.

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

considering they've been in a sea and air border dispute with a country recently....

Well im talking about the one lf the first autopiloted plane where the pilot ejected due to a malfunction. But the plane continued over europe without anyone in the cockpit before crashing in France i believe. 

Happened during the soviet union

inb4 it's just a car-sized quadcopter 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

inb4 it's just a car-sized quadcopter 

inb4 its a i-153 m62 Chaika witha a befier engine. collapsible wings and somewhere an electric generator to power the wheels. 

Image result for i-153 m-62 chaika

chaika for reference. the best biplane to ever excist.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

inb4 its a i-153 m62 Chaika I'd buy a befier engine. collapsible wings and somewhere an electric generator to power the wheels. 

chaika for reference. the best biplane to ever excist.

I'd buy that

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

BRB. *hop in McFly's 2015 BTTF car and fly!*

CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz Processor | CPU Air Cooler:Thermalright Assassin X 120 Refined SE | Motherboard:MSI B450M GAMING PLUS MATX AM4

Memory:G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2x16GB)  DDR4-3200 | GPU:PowerColor Fighter Radeon RX 7600 8 GB Video Card

Storage #1:Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD (OS driver) | Storage #2: Silicon Power A60 1TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVMe (Anything else)

Case:Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L | Case Fan: 3x Thermalright TL-C12C (2x intake fans, 1x exhaust fan)

Power Supply:Corsair CXM (2015) 450W Bronze 80 Plus |OS:MS Windows10 (64-bit) | Monitor: ASUS VG275 27” 1080p 75 Hz FreeSync

Just another empty words from Malaysian politician. 

Also.. 

Spoiler

29094892_2142621995974174_87534100237674

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

also if they made something that's able to glide or autorotate that far without power, I'm guessing the IATA wouldn't be happy ._.

well the plane had power. it ran out of fuel and stalled out over france. remember east germany was a thing back then

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I'd buy that

and then paint cute anime girls all over it or some lolita loli because chaika-chan?

41 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

can we talk about the 2019 malaysian aircar for the moment ._.

I hope its a Vtol machine. Because anything else is kinda "meh" in the since it is way easier to build. Like the chaika i mentioned. Using modern earodynamics you can create something low profile with a takeoff speed of 120kph.

Edit: at least in warthunder the chaika has a stalspeed of like 80 kph with some help from airflow from the engine. And warthunder uses a rather realistic flight model.

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

and then paint cute anime girls all over it or some lolita loli because chaika-chan?

gross, no.

would cover it with a matte black skin though, matte black all the things

9 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

gross, no.

would cover it with a matte black skin though, matte black all the things

Ew, not even keeping the standard aeroplane colors?

that is just no. how can you even call it a chaika. 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

Ew, not even keeping the standard aeroplane colors?

that is just no. how can you even call it a chaika. 

it will be a stealth chaika

Pretty sure there have been flying cars over a decade ago...
wpid-article-1272572040222-095b4c5400000

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |