Malaysia's First Flying Car will be revealed this year.

ZeroAiden

I could be way off base but I don't think anyone who matters is going to go in on this.

Group 1): A few billionaires might buy it as a curious toy. The low volume won't be enough for them to turn a profit.

Group 2): The people who have money for private air travel:

A) Already own jets and enough ground transportation to make your eyes water

-OR-

B) Pay for jet time and have a car service that takes care of the rest

Group 3): The people that fly commercial premium-cabin fly distances that make no sense for a car-sized fuel tank.

Which brings us to

Group 4): The peons that fly commercial coach have no money for a flying car, let alone the hangar rental etc. If they did, they'd be in #2 or #3.

We already have Flying Cars and they are called Helicopters.

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

flying cars are like all season tires.

Can do everything, but not really GOOD at *anything*

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, THraShArD said:

We already have Flying Cars and they are called Helicopters.

That's the thing. Whatever design for a "flying car" you can come up needs to answer the question "why will we be able to fly this thing around in areas that are currently closed or very restricted for helicopter flight?"

In the end, the futuristic view of "flying cars" wasn't about the technology to fly, that existed for a long while. It was about flying as routinely as we drive, about flight traffic being as organized and congestion-tolerant as ground traffic.

Sure, cheaper, small flying vehicles would help, but the current technological barrier isn't in the vehicles.