VEGA 56 New 279$ MSRP to combat 1660 Ti (250GBP & 285EUR)

Firewrath9
3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I did. In the tests the vega 56 was faster.

The quote you showed said the same. Meanwhile you said the vega 56 was slower. Am i missing something here

fa77d0a268e257086fe0d9d8639d819636efa50ff89cb85d88e6a004f3d3a512.jpg

Also has Adam Savage lost weight? Something looks different but I can't quite put my finger on it.

1 minute ago, leadeater said:

Also has Adam Savage lost weight? Something looks different but I can't quite put my finger on it.

He's lost about 250lbs of walrus.
Edit: Oh wait, you meant the dog...

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Just now, leadeater said:

Also has Adam Savage lost weight? Something looks different but I can't quite put my finger on it

He lost weight yes. The fursuit he ordered was a tad bit small and he couldnt afford to reconfig it. Turns out diets cost negative money.

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

From what I saw, ya the vega was faster in most titles the only thing the 1660 Ti has going for it now is power efficiency...if you care about that... 

People care about performance. Then noise. Then looks and last powerdraw. 

Some puts looks before noise.

4 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

I've gone over your source and each test says "higher is better" with the 56 being ahead of the 1660 Ti in almost every test.

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

I did. In the tests the vega 56 was faster.

The quote you showed said the same. Meanwhile you said the vega 56 was slower. Am i missing something here

Ok it seems like didn't understand the chart . The Vega is slightly in front indeed as per the benchmarks, but still consumes a lot of power.

Just now, IAmAndre said:

Ok it seems like didn't understand the chart . The Vega is slightly in front indeed as per the benchmarks,

In front in every title except the ones where Nvidia is usually ahead.

Vega 56 has improved over its contemporary 1070

2 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

but still consumes a lot of power.

History has thought us that people generally dont care about powerdraw.

4 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Edit: Oh wait, you meant the dog...

Dog? That's a picture of Adam Savage

Spoiler

94f4b9689a8edc9ffe4897c699348e98697442cc

2 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Well, what do you care more about if they're sitting at the same price point...the performance or the power efficiency?...  I think most would take the performance gain when it comes to gaming.

I guess I'm among the rare people who care. I mean a 40-50W difference isn't a huge deal but 130W+ is too much for me.

48 minutes ago, IAmAndre said:

Yes, comparing the power consumption of two graphic cards, not debating on how green each person's lifestyle is or how we are ruining the planet.

Yes and without knowing the resources needed for production, the failure rates, how it is shipped or other stuff, such claims that "Card A is worse for the enviroment" is just utter bullshit.

Just like some other craze, that only puts stress on the Powergrid but they don't produce any bad stuff when you drive it so it must be good - when its not...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

BTW: to all the fking ppl complaining about power effincency, the lightbulbs in my house consume ~3x the power of my PC (assuming 500W draw from a i5+RX 570). My fridge consumes more power. And if you undervolt, the efficiency increases a bit.

6 hours ago, leadeater said:

The hipster glasses and scarf.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

37 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

BTW: to all the fking ppl complaining about power effincency, the lightbulbs in my house consume ~3x the power of my PC (assuming 500W draw from a i5+RX 570). My fridge consumes more power. And if you undervolt, the efficiency increases a bit.

So either your house has over 150 light bulbs, or you haven't switched to LEDs, which last longer, provide better light, and only consume 8-14W.

Do yourself a favor,

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Equivalent-Daylight-Non-Dimmable-6-Pack/dp/B074M8ZBJF/ref=sr_1_4_acs_sk_pb_1_sl_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1550944034&sr=1-4-acs&keywords=daylight%2Bled%2Blight%2Bbulbs&th=1

1 minute ago, Chett_Manly said:

So either your house has over 150 light bulbs

Typical incandescent bulbs are 75-100W, but 150W are also commonly available. So if you have a 4 bulb light in your living room, you can easily use between 300-600W in lighting for one room. If you have an older house that has a 5 bulb fixture with integrated fan, you'll go above that.

And that's not alot of power either.

4 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

you haven't switched to LEDs, ..., provide better light

I've yet to come across an LED light that was better than a 100W incandescent. They all seem to crap out before 75W.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Chett_Manly said:

So either your house has over 150 light bulbs, or you haven't switched to LEDs, which last longer, provide better light, and only consume 8-14W.

Do yourself a favor,

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Equivalent-Daylight-Non-Dimmable-6-Pack/dp/B074M8ZBJF/ref=sr_1_4_acs_sk_pb_1_sl_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1550944034&sr=1-4-acs&keywords=daylight%2Bled%2Blight%2Bbulbs&th=1

I haven't switched to LEDs, becuase I don't have an inifinte source of money, and don't to spend 200$ on lightbulbs. besides, energy is cheap here.

I'm using CFLs, which are efficent enough.

14 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

AMD got caught with their pants down since they no longer own any land in the midrange fields, so they had to pull this kind of shit. Guess we are goin with the "There is no bad publicity" crap.

they have great midrange cover, with the RX 570 @ 150$ destroying the 1050 ti, and the 580 at 180-200$ a full 30$ less than the 1060 for same perf.

2 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

You're right, there are other things that use more power, but that doesn't mean power efficiency of something else is irrelevant. 

I won't use a fork that a waiter dropped on the floor in front of me, but I'll happily use it if it wasn't even though it more than likely was on the floor before it got to me.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Overclockers UK have a darn nice deal on their custom PCs with Vega 56 only being £39 more than the RX590. Plus they throw in Resident Evil 2, Division 2, and Devil May Cry 5 into the deal.

Looking at that; it's a sweet deal, and costs less than their system with the 1660Ti with the same system.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk-gaming-citizen-gaming-pc-amd-ryzen-5-2600-rx-590-8gb-graphics-three-free-games-fs-1aq-og.html#t=b2c1

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

This is like a reversal of the most expensive menu item trick,  basically promoting a non extant product stupidly cheap to make the competition look expensive.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

None of them are at $279. They're all at $500 and there is that only X amount left in stock BS. Was looking it it a few days ago on the Asus one, there was 2 in stock, then there was only 1 left, Now all of a sudden, they have 3.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

10 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Was looking it it a few days ago on the Asus one, there was 2 in stock, then there was only 1 left, Now all of a sudden, they have 3.

Yeah, happens sometimes because some people order something and then they regret it, got a better deal and don't want it no more, so they cancel their order. That's why its that way sometimes.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

On 2/22/2019 at 8:09 PM, Firewrath9 said:

However, this is definitely great, especially considering that the 3 free games that you get (Div. 2, DMC5, RE2) are AAA new games, which you can sell for at least 20$ each, which essentially makes it a 2060, for 150$ less (if you sell the games) I'm definitely considering this, even though I already am getting 2 free games (Div 2 & DMC5)

It's very hard to sell them. They make you verify yourself and the card has to be installed in the system to redeem. So u less you redeem it while logged into the person's steam account it's not really sellable.

7 hours ago, Princess Twilight Sparkle said:

I like this, maybe it's time to upgrade my RX 580...

It really isn't. The gap between RX580 and GTX 1660Ti is way to small to justify losing money on your RX580 by selling it. RX580 performs poorly in some games, but GTX 1660Ti isn't really improving the situation in same games all that much either. GTX 1660Ti is great if you're still on HD7900 series or something equivalent from NVIDIA.

I kinda follow my internal rule of only upgrading to cards that double my existing performance. When cards start hitting that, I consider them. Unless something else happens in between like HW failure which forces you to upgrade at whatever time...

On 2/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, descendency said:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601302833

A Vega 56 for 279 would be a great deal if you want to go AMD (or even if you don't care about the manufacturer), but there are none. 

Sure there are... Just maybe not in the US for once... These prices include VAT btw, which if you order from the US you don't have to pay. The MSI Air boost works out to about $272.50 at a straight conversion. The Sapphire Pulse is about $304.00.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/amd/radeon-rx-vega-56?sPage=1&sSort=3

Edit - Oh and they still come with the usual 3 free games.