China's answer to Google, Apple, and Microsofts' OS dominance

nicehat

android-china-248.jpg

Watch out, the Chinese government is not too happy sitting idle and watching its almost  500 million PC and mobile userbase be taken over by the operating systems of Silicon Valley (and Microsoft). Therefor, in its infinite wisdom, the People's Republic of China has found it fitting to announce that it is now backing a China Operating System (COS)

Shanghai Laintong is the company behind development of the new OS and is partnering with the Institute of Software at the Chinese Acadamy of Sciences. Apparently, according to Engadget, COS looks alot like Android so far unlike the following products:

china_fake_05.jpg

nintendo-polystation.jpg

Chinese-Gadget-knock-offs-3.jpg

I know what you're saying. Nicehat, enough of the high quality merchandise! Show me what this OS can do!

As I aim to please, I present, The People's Republic of China's COS Demo!

Source

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/16/cos-china-operating-system/

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Brings a new meaning to 'Made In China' doesn't it :P

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Why....

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

The video isnt embedding... But I wanted to point out the point where the father and son are playing video games and he gets an audio cue that sounds exactly like the skype version and a pop up msg  :lol:

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

And how is going to be the name of it? Andrid?

Signatures are stupid.

Why....

Communism my friend, communism

ELEPHANT SEALS EVERYWHERE!

It looks very similar to their American counterparts...

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

The video isnt embedding... But I wanted to point out the point where the father and son are playing video games and he gets an audio cue that sounds exactly like the skype version and a pop up msg  :lol:

It could just be Skype, they showed other programs as well.

CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz Cooler: Hyper 212+ GPU: MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 Case: HAF 912 RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: OCZ Modxstream 600W Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-LK HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda

It looks very similar to their American counterparts...

It's because it's actually a ripoff

I think my fave is borio. Sounds delicious.

Borox infused Oreo?

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I think my fave is borio. Sounds delicious.

Probably made out of plastic and painted with a fine coating of lead based paint xD

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Borox infused Oreo?

no borophyll infused

borophyll-434.jpg

Hail Sithis!

When she created a protective bubble around her son was very impressive. I don't see android reach that level of awesomeness for quite some time.

It's because it's actually a ripoff

Haha I know

It should have been called People's OS, comrades. 

P.O.S (People's Operating System?)

Is this all a just a joke or is China really creating a COS? Cuz to me it only looks like an Andriod skin so far and are they allowed to just do that?..... And it is to break the foreign monopoly, but you can still install Chrome, Angry Birds and posibily Skype on it,...... 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

China is just embarrassing itself at this point.

Or avoiding the NSA  and google collecting data and shit like that at the same time as keeping an eye on it's owns citizens and not letting money flow back into American coffers thus keeping the balance of financial control on their side.

I wouldn't call it embarrassing, but a wise move to maintain control of a very large nation and not let its finances crash like the US system has done several times now.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Now the peoples republic can break the shackles of western dominance by poorly ripping off successful operating systems and building backdoors for censorship right into the software! Yay!

At least your private data wont be sold to advertisers, just fed directly into a Chinese data center and monitored. At least this way they wont be gathering data behind your back, just right in front of you.  

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

Or avoiding the NSA  and google collecting data and shit like that at the same time as keeping an eye on it's owns citizens and not letting money flow back into American coffers thus keeping the balance of financial control on their side.

I wouldn't call it embarrassing, but a wise move to maintain control of a very large nation and not let its finances crash like the US system has done several times now.

agreed. And not even for commerce use. Some political commenters in China saying it could avoid sensitive military data being intercepted and sent to the NSA. In this digital age, every Country want to apply measures so that sensitive info won't be leaked.